The Pledge of Allegiance

AuthorMessage
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 06:54pm
i agree...i hate it that everyone is complaining all the time about their country...i dont drive, and no one in my house hold has a car, so i moan about traffic and the petrol smell ect.ect... but the people that drive cars everywhere complain about that stuff the most...it annoys me..
but yea...back onto topic...there are much worse situations people could be in...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 11th, 2005 at 07:03pm
exactly, they just don't want to say "God", so don't!
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 07:11pm
yeh...they can leave a word out...they aren't automatically going to get cast out of society because they didnt say one word of the pledge...they can change it to suit their situation...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 11th, 2005 at 07:14pm
exactly! Say Buddha instead of something if that suits better!
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
June 11th, 2005 at 09:01pm
rock00chick:
yeh...they can leave a word out...they aren't automatically going to get cast out of society because they didnt say one word of the pledge...they can change it to suit their situation...

umm yes. you can get casted out of society because of your beliefs. I go to a public school and once they found out i was athiest, only 3 people talk to me. I guess thats not completly out of society, but damn is it close.

I dont say any of the plegde, and i dont need to say it just to show my patrioticism.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 11th, 2005 at 09:11pm
minoritypossemember1:
rock00chick:

umm yes. you can get casted out of society because of your beliefs. I go to a public school and once they found out i was athiest, only 3 people talk to me. I guess thats not completly out of society, but damn is it close.

I dont say any of the plegde, and i dont need to say it just to show my patrioticism.
Well that's because people suck. As a whole, society isn't going to cast you out because you're an atheist, most of the normal people respect other's beliefs. Sorry people by you suck that way.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2005 at 09:16pm
just say "one nation, under *cough*, with ..."
skanking Brit
skanking Brit
June 11th, 2005 at 09:19pm
I don't say teh pledge. I don't believe in god. I don't know if this was a big story where any of you live, but there was this teen towards the beginning of the year who refused to say teh pledge. The teacher flipped out on him and somebody had the whole thing on their cell phone...
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
June 11th, 2005 at 11:07pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
minoritypossemember1:
rock00chick:

Well that's because people suck. As a whole, society isn't going to cast you out because you're an atheist, most of the normal people respect other's beliefs. Sorry people by you suck that way.

yes its south carolina... my whole family doesnt believe in god. so when its time to move, why the fuck did they pick south carolina? did they think no one was going to figure it out? gosh. people do suck. people here.
franzi
franzi
June 19th, 2005 at 12:26pm
the pledge of alleigiance is friggin bullcrap.. i got 8 detentions in one year because i refused to say the p-o-a... Rolling Eyes
JadedMinority13
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
JadedMinority13
June 19th, 2005 at 12:36pm
There are alot of things like this. Like money. They should be changed, but won't, because the government still wants to pressure people into christianity with small things like that. It almost gives the impression that you are a better ciziten for being christian. My opinion...
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 19th, 2005 at 12:38pm
i think they should get rid of the pledge all together because i dont believe in nationalism or pledging yourself to anything apart from your own ideas.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 19th, 2005 at 02:37pm
rock00chick:
exactly...i mean...i dont particularly like england...but id rather be here than in Africa, because here, we have food and water and homes and we are well off...and im sure america gives you food and water and wealth (you don't have to be really wealthy to have wealth) and if you cant respect your country for giving you those, then you should move...

well the country foesnt give you those things you earn them. At most they give you measly benefits so you can buy food and drunk but this definately doesnt make you well off or wealthy.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 19th, 2005 at 02:48pm
i124q:
rock00chick:
exactly...i mean...i dont particularly like england...but id rather be here than in Africa, because here, we have food and water and homes and we are well off...and im sure america gives you food and water and wealth (you don't have to be really wealthy to have wealth) and if you cant respect your country for giving you those, then you should move...

well the country foesnt give you those things you earn them. At most they give you measly benefits so you can buy food and drunk but this definately doesnt make you well off or wealthy.

it makes us better off than people in 3rd world countries...and that's how i think of things...
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 19th, 2005 at 02:53pm
rock00chick:
i124q:
rock00chick:

it makes us better off than people in 3rd world countries...and that's how i think of things...

maybe you should think of things as...shit, theres kids starving over there, maybe i should do something...but your probably already doing that right?
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 19th, 2005 at 02:56pm
i do what i can for the people that are in poverty, but being 14 there isnt alot i am allowed to do...
St.JimmyT9109
Geek
St.JimmyT9109
June 20th, 2005 at 01:34am
under god referrs to all gods because the christain god's name is yahwey (sp?) and if u dont believe in a god then dont say it
St.JimmyT9109
Geek
St.JimmyT9109
June 20th, 2005 at 01:36am
JadedMinority13:
There are alot of things like this. Like money. They should be changed, but won't, because the government still wants to pressure people into christianity with small things like that. It almost gives the impression that you are a better ciziten for being christian. My opinion...

its not forcing ppl into christianity!......the christian god has his own name like all the other religions gods
rebelious_saint
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rebelious_saint
June 20th, 2005 at 03:35pm
_i dont care_doyou?:
I think it's ridiculous that people are just noticing that as a part of the song, it makes them look stupid. i respect all religious beliefs and everything, but if you dont like it, you dont have to say it, you arent forced to.

^ People aren't just noticing it...that's not the reason for the debate. Back when the Pledge was written, it was a very Christian country. Nothing we can do about that. As we move on and gain people, more religions and cultures are brought. But I agree that you shouldn't get in any trouble for not saying it. If you don't agree, don't pledge. That's basically an infringement on free will, as well as freedom of religion.

There are times when I don't agree with the US and am even ashamed to be a citizen of the country but I do stand and say the pledge. I totally respect everyone that chooses not to say it; kudos to you for making your own decisions.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2005 at 08:54pm
I've had to say the hail mary at my school for the past 5 years, the reason i don't care, because i go to one of the top schools in my county, say some words that don't affect me is a little thing i have to do so that i can be accepted into the university of my choice

You have to respect tradition you may not agree with it, but if you ignore something like the Pledge it is disrespectful to your country, you are not showing your respect for your government when you say it, you are showing respect to your country.
Register