The Pledge of Allegiance

AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 08:33pm
o0o wow...thats interesting...fucking hippocritical bastards...

oh, oh, and zeus and hera and all the other greek/roman gods/goddesses, and yahwe, and chaos, and ra, and all those cool shinto spirit things, and hmmm...what (who) am i missing...?
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
July 20th, 2005 at 08:43pm
yeah but u all got my point....i mean come on...its not offensive to christians and jews...but it kinda is to the rest of the ppl in america....so PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS....its stupid that everyone argues about geting rid of it or keeping it the way it is now....how about we just un fuck it up!
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 09:12pm
right...we reached that point several posts ago, and now were defending it. IM NOT CHRISTIAN, SO WHY DO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO SOMETHING THAT TALKS ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN GOD EVERY MORNING???!!!
i know someone who got detention for idk how long because he decided to say the pledge of allegience to the girl next to him instead of the flag...that is a serious violation of freedom of speech as far as im concerned...they cant do that...!
billiejoeisexy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billiejoeisexy
July 26th, 2005 at 03:12am
if they don't want to say "under god", then just skip it....its not that big of a deal to say it, i think.....they should still stand up, though, to show courtesy.....just a thought...lol
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
July 26th, 2005 at 02:36pm
"Under all gods" would seriously piss off ALL religions, so I think the best would be to remove it.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
July 26th, 2005 at 02:44pm
The biggest religions belive in ONE god, ant they belive that it IS ONLY ONE. So changing it to "under all gods" Would make it 100 times worse...
Kitti
Kitti
July 26th, 2005 at 11:26pm
the under god bit wasnt in there to begin with, it never shouldve been put in during the cold war, and it shouldve been taken back out immediately afterward. enough said.
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
July 27th, 2005 at 12:00am
i agree...i dont get wat the big deal would be in just taking it out....it wasnt there before...so i doesnt HAVE to be there now....and the whole standing up thing...yeah its nice to show respect..but i dont respect wat the country is beginning to stand for so it doesnt make much sense to me...i luv this country dont get me wrong..cause it's the reason i can say things like this on a forum on the internet..but its not representing me the way i want...its not represetning hardly any of its ppl...and im sick of getting religion shoved down my throat everytime the president opens his mouth...nice how all the other presidents have managed to be christian but been able to keep shut up about it...
Kitti
Kitti
July 27th, 2005 at 12:07am
yeah...hell there were CATHOLIC presidents that didnt feel the need to shove that down our throats...but bush has to push it...he crosses the line of seperation between church and state every time he speaks...drives me nuts!
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 28th, 2005 at 11:41am
I've never actually seen any school do this in the UK...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
July 28th, 2005 at 09:21pm
and i've never seen anyone forced to fucking say it. stop your bitching.
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
Idiot
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
July 28th, 2005 at 09:23pm
well i've been forced at assemblies and in the mornings. the teachers see you not doing it unless your like a different religion or something and give you the evil eye and say your not respecting the country. so i just cross my fingers behind my back and say bad things.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
July 28th, 2005 at 09:24pm
Cheesy_Poof:
well i've been forced at assemblies and in the mornings. the teachers see you not doing it unless your like a different religion or something and give you the evil eye and say your not respecting the country. so i just cross my fingers behind my back and say bad things.

but you're not being FORCED! so the evil eye scares you? say the damn pledge and skip the God part.. no one's gonna evil eye you then.. except for psycho christians, and who cares?!
Automatic man
Automatic man
July 29th, 2005 at 07:06am
Does anyone think about the words in the pledge of allegiance?
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of america"
That's like saying I give my loyalty to my country and would act up if under attack, now would I really do that? no? Then why should i say The pledge of allegiance?
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
July 29th, 2005 at 01:40pm
Actually my friend got detention for not saying the pledge.....still i guessYOU wouldnt say thats being forced, but still he didnt say it....well he kinda did....he said i pledge alligiance to jessica of the united jessicas of jessica....and on oand on....the teacher gave him detention for that....im srry but thats wat i would consider being forced to say it...and correctly....of course in my school, which is on the corner of bum fuck and purty mouth, we have a bunch of right wing conservative redneck hicks ...so thats wat you get...we of course have the rebels though...lik ethe band teacher who says is ussr style and 5 or so teachers that dont even care if you attend homeroom...but one of my teachers in the middle school threatned to give he r homeroom detention if they didnt stand up face the flag and coudl be audibly heard to be saying the pledge...
Kitti
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 07:47pm
he pledged allegience to jamie, which doesnt matter much there....but i mean, he didnt want to say it, and being forced to, he decided to fuck it up. giving him detention for that is foolish...it wouldve been understandable if there was sexual harrassmant involved (i. e., i pledge allegience to ur boobs) i could undstand detntion for that, but HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!! nothing they can legitimately give detention for at least...fucking pal-mac school district...that isnt even the worst thing theyve done to him, but thats not even relevant...

o0o and yeah, ive been threatened with detention if i didnt say the pledge...gunn was a bitch tho...but that crossed a line, and i really resented her for that...
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 2nd, 2005 at 12:28am
yes it should be taken out....they should put it back to the way it was when it was originally written.
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 5th, 2005 at 03:47am
The fathers of this country wrote this. Its sacred. Im sorry, but if you dont want to say "Under God' thats what the fucking Freedom of Speech is for. Just because our country has assholes that think that the world revolves around them, and that they think we should change for them, "[i]we might hurt their feelings'

BOO FRICKITY HOO.
Kitti
Kitti
August 5th, 2005 at 12:00pm
the fathers of our country didnt fucking write the pledge of allegience. they wrote the constitution, they wrote the declaration of independence...if you wanna defend sthg worth defending, defend the original version, the one without god in it. cuz thats how it was supposed to be. "under god" was added during the cold war, if youd read the fucking thread, ive already said this at least twice.
airguitarist
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
airguitarist
August 7th, 2005 at 02:32pm
We should take out "under God". This is America, a land for ALL people. If someone isn't Christian or doesn't believe in God, why should they have to pledge their nation to Him? How would you feel if you were foreign and moved to America, and had to pledge to a god that you didn't know? We live in a country where we can AMEND parts of our country. Why don't we amend the pledge so that we can stay true to being a country open to ALL people.
Register