The Pledge of Allegiance

AuthorMessage
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
August 8th, 2005 at 05:53am
personally I think you should just leave it alone its been like that for a long time, no point in changing it now...if you dont want to say it, then dont say it...if someone tries to force you to say it tell them to go fuck themselves, so I say leave it alone..and I'm not saying this because I think everyone should say "Under God" I dont give a fuck, I'm an atheist, I just think we should just leave well enough alone
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 8th, 2005 at 06:09pm
not a long time. thirty years. not long. its wrong. it needs to be fixed.
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
October 10th, 2005 at 02:05am
Ive stopped saying the Pledge entirely since Bush took office. But, considering that "Under God" wasnt put in until the 50's and only because of the Red Scare, i think it should be removed.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 10th, 2005 at 02:09am
I don't think "Under God" should be taken out, what I do think is that people shouldn't be forced to say it. I don't think people should be FORCED to say the pledge. If you don't believe in it, don't say it. And if you're in school and are being forced to say it, bring it to court, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's illegal to force people to say the pledge.
Kitti
Kitti
October 10th, 2005 at 02:26pm
recently a court in california ruled the saying of the pledge of alegiance in schools to be unconstitutional because it violates the constitutional law of separation of church and state and compromises a childs freedom to choose and practice whatever religion they wish.
here's the link to the page
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 15th, 2005 at 07:48am
I stand up but I don't say anything when it comes to "under god" . But I don't make a big deal of it either. But yeah I do think it is stupid to pledge to what is now a "commerical" item

ever since 9/11 everyone has been so much more patriotic . You see it every where. Yes its good to show your pride...but

it a little hard to explain
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
October 15th, 2005 at 09:03am
i dont think we should have a pledge of alliegance at all. why pledge your self to a government and hunk of land? fuck that, pledge alliegence to yourself.
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
October 15th, 2005 at 06:43pm
I think this entire issue is completely screwed up. I see both points of views and honestly, both of them are a load of crap. You have the Christians and Catholics on one said, raising their signs saying, "GOD IS RIGHT," and then you've got the Athiests and such on the other side saying, "I DON'T BELIVE IN GOD, THEREFORE IT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE PLEDGE!" Both sound like a bunch of two-year-olds trying to get their way with their parents. I honestly could careless. I'll say whichever version the courts decide on as I'm an American and I feel it to be respect to the people who've died for me to be in this country. Sure, I'm saying some rehearesed speech to a piece of cloth - but it's the symbolism that matters most to me, so *shrugs* I'm odd like that. People should be damn proud of the country they live in, even if their leader sucks balls. *cough* Bush *cough*

And anyway, IMHO, I think this whole battle is the cause of 9/11. I mean, I think someone would have eventually suggested it, and yeah, there might be a bit of rifts, but I don't think it would have been as HUGE as it is.
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
October 15th, 2005 at 07:38pm
I don't give a damn a bout it, besides I say the ol'

I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag,
Michael Jackson Is A Fag,
He Used to Play With Little Toys,
Now He Plays With Little Boys

tee hee hee! Ass

oh and...

[quote=® Billie Joe] even if their leader sucks balls. *cough* Bush *cough* [/quote]

DAMN STRAIGHT!
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 15th, 2005 at 09:10pm
lol ya i guess youre right about that now that i think about it XD
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
October 15th, 2005 at 09:47pm
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX:

tee hee hee! Ass

oh and...

[quote=® Billie Joe] even if their leader sucks balls. *cough* Bush *cough*

DAMN STRAIGHT![/quote]

that is probably the oldest and lamest one in the book.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
October 16th, 2005 at 01:22am
I think it should be taken out. But I don't think my vote counts too much since I never even do the pledge. I just don't feel like "pledging allegiance" to a piece of cloth. I know blah blah blah symbolic of those who died. Died it war. Rolling Eyes That's all anyone ever does. People die in wars all the time. And we lose more and more freedoms everyday. So I think it's more offensive to those that died for freedom to take more of our freedoms away than for me not to stand during the flag salute. And I also know that despite me being bitchy about freedoms being taken away, we do have it pretty good in the United States, and there's a pretty high standard of living. And I'm greatful for that. And I'm greatful for the freedoms that we DO have. Wow. I got way off topic. o_o

Yes. Take out "under god".... :/
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX
October 16th, 2005 at 08:00am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
XxJesusOfSuburbiaxX:

tee hee hee! Ass

oh and...

[quote=® Billie Joe] even if their leader sucks balls. *cough* Bush *cough*

DAMN STRAIGHT!

that is probably the oldest and lamest one in the book.[/quote]

Screw it I was joking, but back to the topic....

Well it is true that there is so many different ethnicities of people in the U.S. and a lot of them do not just simply believe in "one god". I think it should be taken out or changed to "Under many different gods" or something like that.
Kitti
Kitti
October 16th, 2005 at 03:27pm
believe it or not, this has been going on long before 9/11. its just that youre hearing more about it now.
this countrty was not founded under any god. the whole point was for everyone to be able to practice their religion without people trying to influence them to change. if i was christian, this wouldnt be right. so what difference does it make that im atheist now? little-known fact about me: i was baptized methodist. it wasnt right then, it isnt right now.
everything is all screwed up now, because our leader is so devoutly christian that he needs to push it on the rest of us. im not insulting bush. im saying that as in many other instances, he isnt helping.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 08:16pm
as soon as i read the title of this post i was reminded of "i pledge allegiance to the underground"

haha
Ilse
Ilse
October 16th, 2005 at 08:18pm
I personally don't care one way or the other. If soemone doesn't want to say "Under God", skip that part and wait for the next line.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 08:20pm
or just say it but dont really mean it. its not a big deal. its just words.
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
October 16th, 2005 at 08:21pm
darkmagick1002:
do you guys think the saying "Under God" should be taken out of the pledge?

i do because in a country that expresses freedom of religion there should not be under god in a openly stated phrase. maybe it should be changed to "Under all gods" but not "Under God"......what do you think?

I am a Christian, but i believe it should be taken out. Not for the sake of Separation of Church and state, but for the reason it was put in there for the first place. It wasn't in the original text. It was added under the Eisenhower regime in the 50's to make sure that The US looked different from the USSR. It was put in so we could use it as fodder to shoot at the Communists. "Lookt at those Commie Atheists, Us western christians are much better" that was it.
Ilse
Ilse
October 16th, 2005 at 08:23pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:

Apparently it IS a big deal because it's making it's been on the World News more times than I can count.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 09:26pm
September_has_Ended:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:

Apparently it IS a big deal because it's making it's been on the World News more times than I can count.

oh i seee.. then i must have been wrong O_o lol.

"one nation under dog thereof which i stand alone"

its funny how he switched the words god to make dog.
Register