AuthorMessage
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
September 16th, 2009 at 06:38pm
Sherlock Holmes:
SidKnee.:
It's just a reason for people to hate others.
Really.
It's just sad.
It wont change, and if so, not for a long time.
it's just sad :/

>Made no sense to her<.

I mean that being, some, not all, but some, people use others being gay to just have a reason to not like that person.
Or, to not let them get married,
Or not let them do this,
Or that.
And, I don't think that will every fully change,
Just like some people STILL have problems with people of other races,
I think the whole people being anti-gay problem,
Is just to pin point another minority, and trouble them, and make them stand out, and wrong, and reject them.
That way they seem, normal and right, how it should be.

I think it's sad.
Really, I just don't understand it....
I can't grasp whats so wrong with people that are gay,
They're just humans.
Nothing different.
At all.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
September 18th, 2009 at 06:06pm
Agreed. I joined my school's Gay-Straight Alliance club, but we're trying to change the name so that (a) my parents don't kill me (b) so that people will buy our pies at the bonfire and (c) because it's discriminatory; I mean, me and two or three other girls are just hyphens at this point. We could call it the GSBA, but people still wouldn't buy our pie. Friendship Club is taken. We're gonna try and decide next week.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 18th, 2009 at 06:15pm
Italia Veneziano:
Agreed. I joined my school's Gay-Straight Alliance club, but we're trying to change the name so that (a) my parents don't kill me (b) so that people will buy our pies at the bonfire and (c) because it's discriminatory; I mean, me and two or three other girls are just hyphens at this point. We could call it the GSBA, but people still wouldn't buy our pie. Friendship Club is taken. We're gonna try and decide next week.

We changed ours to Pride Alliance last year. I think it's still that, but I graduated so I don't know.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 18th, 2009 at 09:30pm
Hmm, that's a hard one, maybe you could try something like, Team Of Support, haha, or along those lines, and something to do with fairness, I like iViva la Andrea, but pride might still be to "gay" if that makes sense and doens't come out wrong.

Hmmm, it's sad that it can't just be what it is and be fine.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 18th, 2009 at 09:44pm
Really the only reason we changed ours is because of membership. Mr. Jones (most amazing librarian ever to exist, yeah) was worried that people weren't joining because they felt like they pretty much has to be gay, and that people who weren't would be embarrassed to be in it, etc...,
I don't think people should be changing the name to make it sound like it has nothing or little to do with sexuality. You still want people to know what the group is about.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
September 18th, 2009 at 11:37pm
Oh, we don't mind people knowing what the group's about. Just as long as it's not my parents or old people who would buy our pies if we weren't the GSA. Someone told me that last year they were selling pies and this lady wanted to buy a piece, so she asked what club it was and the girl said GSA. The lady asked what that stood for and the girl said "Gay-Straight Alliance" and the lady was all like, "Yeah... I don't want any pie..." and left.

Plus, it's the thing about how there's a bunch of hyphens. I mean, the club is called the Gay-Straight Alliance, and that's kind of discriminatory in its own right. I don't wanna be a hyphen. I wanna be MORE than just a HYPHEN. Get it? Got it? Good.

But yeah, the Pride Alliance thing is good. Can I take that idea and suggest it to Mr. R.?
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 19th, 2009 at 07:29pm
But unfortunately, there will always be people like that. People will ask "pride for what?" and there will always be bigots, sadly. I've never really liked Gay-Straight Alliance, for a number of reasons including the one you mentioned, but taking the word "gay" out of the name won't change things much. Especially since people make assumptions on what the word "pride" means a lot of the time.

Ha, go for it. It wasn't my idea. Razz I've actually heard it being used a few places.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 19th, 2009 at 09:58pm
Ahhh, true, taking all to do with gay out of the name, would make no sense.

If people don't want to buy your pies, because it's a club of support in sexuality, that's stupid.

You should sell fruit cake for humor against them.
Ahhh, that's sort of wrong, but...you know.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2009 at 10:30pm
I don't want to make people think it's not what it's for, just if that lady heard Pride Alliance instead of Gay-Straight Alliance, she might be all, Ok, mmm, Pie!

The whole pie thing I don't really care about much. I just need a name where I'm not a fucking hyphen! And Pride Alliance is good because it portrays what we stand for and yet could mean anything, and it's all-encompassing. Good. Smile
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
October 1st, 2009 at 12:23pm
i recently came out as bisexual to my friends, when i was drunk. probably not the best thing to have done, but they all seemed okay with it.

however, they did make some "ohh, don't touch rhiannan, she's gay" jokes afterwards, but meh, you win some you lose some.
they said they'd suspected i'd liked ladies for a while anyway hahaha.

i think homophobia is unecessary, people assume homo/bisexuals are raving perverts and want to get with whoever they can. it's simply not true.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2009 at 02:14pm
Agreed.

Same thing happened to me, but I wasn't drunk.

Some people are cool, but a lot are fucking idiots.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
October 4th, 2009 at 02:41pm
I would like to understand something - how can you know your sexuality if you haven't experienced any? Meaning, when you're ~ 15, how can you know you're "straight" or "bi" or "gay"? Confused
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2009 at 03:27pm
Cecilia:
I would like to understand something - how can you know your sexuality if you haven't experienced any? Meaning, when you're ~ 15, how can you know you're "straight" or "bi" or "gay"? Confused
I just base it on who I'm attracted to. I don't differentiate between gender, tbqh.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
October 7th, 2009 at 04:24pm
Cecilia:
You notice what turns you on though.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 7th, 2009 at 05:24pm
Cecilia:

Most 15 year olds have probably had some sort of sexual experience. I can understand maybe 12 year olds, but when I was 15, I was the only one of my friends who hadn't had sex. When I was 15, I could make decisions about my religious views, my political views, my philosophical views, my views on culture and national identity and gender identity - so why not sexuality too?
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
October 7th, 2009 at 05:30pm
Bloodraine:
Cecilia:

Most 15 year olds have probably had some sort of sexual experience. I can understand maybe 12 year olds, but when I was 15, I was the only one of my friends who hadn't had sex. When I was 15, I could make decisions about my religious views, my political views, my philosophical views, my views on culture and national identity and gender identity - so why not sexuality too?

Wait, you were the only one who hadn't had sex at 15? This is crazy.
Nobody of my friends had had sex when we were 15.
We weren't even interested in boys, love and all that stuff at that age.
Hence my astonishment as for knowing your sexuality at that age already.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 7th, 2009 at 05:32pm
your sexuality doesn't have to have anything to do with love though.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
October 7th, 2009 at 05:42pm
Boobmeister:

I know, I was referring to anything implying "hormones" in general Mr. Green
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 7th, 2009 at 05:43pm
Cecilia:
Boobmeister:

I know, I was referring to anything implying "hormones" in general Mr. Green
i would say it depends on when you hit puberty then, cause that's when your hormones get kick started and you start discovering you ~sexuality~
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
October 14th, 2009 at 07:21pm
condomgun:
I think if everyone learned to respect everyone else's opinion without harassing them for it then the world would be a better place whether gay or straight. The trick is respecting it even if it doesn't agree with your own mind set.
Well said. *applaudes*
Register