Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 11:46am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Faith:
I NEVER SAID YOU GAVE ME DEPRESSION.

Faith:
you don't give a shit that I get depressed about you insulting me.

ExtraodinaryGirl:
I'm not even going to bother with this anymore. You won't stop putting words in my mouth. So me trying to argue with someone that is making things up is pointless.

You were the one who said I get depressed in the first place, so I repeated your words since I assumed you're one of those people who have no idea what depression is.

And if you don't want to "bother" with this anymore, why are you still replying? Gotta have the last word issues?
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 31st, 2005 at 01:41pm
...Well, I was going to go back and find out where all this back-and-forth crap came from, but after trying to slog through all the posts and confusing she-said she-saids, I'm just going to ignore this pretty much. But I will say one thing on the subject: What comes into my mind when I see this kind of exchange is "Don't they have better things to do?" Of course, this does boost your post count, but it's pretty sad...just end it here! And if it must not end, just continue it in PM...that's what it's there for.

Anyway! I was thinking about Christianity a good deal the other day, and my position is that it's a good all-round religion, very wholesome, etc. My only beefs are a) "Unbelievers go to hell" and b) God. I don't believe in God because nothing has ever convinced me that there is a God. I try to wrap my head around the concept and it sounds pretty weird when I try to explain it in layman's terms. I would gladly believe if someone could give me a little proof, or let me talk to the Big Guy for a minute, but as it is, he seems a bit egotistical to me. Also, the existence of Hell to punish sinners and unbelievers sounds just wrong to me. Compassion, people! Hell just seems like a way to scare people into believing. "Worship God or be an eternal kebab!" Bleah.

But the tenets of Christianity are pretty much good for me. Don't kill, don't steal, don't want things you don't have (a Buddhist principle!), don't fuck a wife what ain't yours? Good idea, Biggus! Really, it's a good religion, and I even used to BE Christian. But I disagree with it on key things, so I'm out.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 01:51pm
dirtyhippie:
...Well, I was going to go back and find out where all this back-and-forth crap came from, but after trying to slog through all the posts and confusing she-said she-saids, I'm just going to ignore this pretty much. But I will say one thing on the subject: What comes into my mind when I see this kind of exchange is "Don't they have better things to do?" Of course, this does boost your post count, but it's pretty sad...just end it here! And if it must not end, just continue it in PM...that's what it's there for.

Anyway! I was thinking about Christianity a good deal the other day, and my position is that it's a good all-round religion, very wholesome, etc. My only beefs are a) "Unbelievers go to hell" and b) God. I don't believe in God because nothing has ever convinced me that there is a God. I try to wrap my head around the concept and it sounds pretty weird when I try to explain it in layman's terms. I would gladly believe if someone could give me a little proof, or let me talk to the Big Guy for a minute, but as it is, he seems a bit egotistical to me. Also, the existence of Hell to punish sinners and unbelievers sounds just wrong to me. Compassion, people! Hell just seems like a way to scare people into believing. "Worship God or be an eternal kebab!" Bleah.

But the tenets of Christianity are pretty much good for me. Don't kill, don't steal, don't want things you don't have (a Buddhist principle!), don't fuck a wife what ain't yours? Good idea, Biggus! Really, it's a good religion, and I even used to BE Christian. But I disagree with it on key things, so I'm out.

Well, the law has most of those principles, you know. Just don't break the law and that's cool..

And, yeah, I have no life. But I admit it Wink
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 31st, 2005 at 01:54pm
That's the first step, admitting you have a problem...lol

Well, there's no law about jealousy. But it fucks with your mind, makes you pissed. You can't enjoy life while you're jealous--I know these things! So saying "coveting is bad for you" helps a bit. Not only should you not be jealous, it's against your religion!
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 02:16pm
dirtyhippie:
That's the first step, admitting you have a problem...lol

Well, there's no law about jealousy. But it fucks with your mind, makes you pissed. You can't enjoy life while you're jealous--I know these things! So saying "coveting is bad for you" helps a bit. Not only should you not be jealous, it's against your religion!

Well, if you can't control yourself without getting a religion, then I guess it's cool you can have one that will help.

And, yeah, I'm currently #15,001 in line to aget a life. See, I'm working on it! Aren't you proud of me?
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
December 31st, 2005 at 04:02pm
Faith:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I never said I didn't care, I said I won't lose sleep over it. I said I won't obsess over it. I said I won't get depressed over someone who I don't know disagreeing with me.

ExtraodinaryGirl:

I don't really care which "pattern" you "stand for," what I care about is being stereotyped and insulted.

-----------------------------
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I never said anything you said was stupid. You are continuingly putting words in my mouth. .

ExtraodinaryGirl:
I was laughing at the stupidity of the post

-----------------------
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Oh, and stop acting like because I have different beliefs than you do and I stand up for them you have depression. I have depression, too, it's something you're born with, not something someone saying you are making narrow-minded comments gives you.

ExtraodinaryGirl:

I really don't care if you get depressed because someone online disagrees with you and stands up for something you don't agree with.

------------------

No comments.

lmfao
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:05pm
Yay, my work is appreciated
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 31st, 2005 at 04:09pm
Faith:

It was funny.
I give you major props for that. And your entire arguement.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:13pm
Immortally Jaded:
Faith:

It was funny.

Oh, thank you. That gives me major satisfaction, seriously. Very Happy
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 31st, 2005 at 04:14pm
Faith:
Immortally Jaded:
Faith:

It was funny.

Oh, thank you. That gives me major satisfaction, seriously. Very Happy

*big smile*
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:35pm
I'm glad my humble little thread is doing so well.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:43pm
Bloodraine:

Yeah, and you're just watching our orgy from a distance...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:49pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:

What, instead of getting involved in it?...You know what I can be like...

I'm quite proud of myself for staying out of it.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:57pm
Bloodraine:
Faith:
Bloodraine:

Yeah, I'm proud of you too. Laughing
I wish I'd stayed out of it too Rolling Eyes
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:58pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Faith:
Bloodraine:

Yeah, I'm proud of you too. Laughing
I wish I'd stayed out of it too Rolling Eyes

I wish I would have gotten involved Rolling Eyes
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 31st, 2005 at 11:32pm
dirtyhippie:

Nah, I don't have things to do at six in the morning when my friends are either in a different state or asleep. I pretty much get kicks laughing at someone trying to make an intellegent arguement when they don't even know what I'm saying. It makes some great laughs between myself and Becki.

It entertains me greatly when people can't understand what is being said between 'I don't care about a specific thing' and 'I don't care about a topic that I VERY clearly do care about.' It makes me giggle.

By the way, if you read it, it did get ended. So... yeah.... :/
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
December 31st, 2005 at 11:53pm
People use to hate the Jews. Now people hate the Christians.

i don't get it.

maybe this has something to do with dubya....it has become a trend to hate him. so why not hate his religion? seems to make sense...
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 1st, 2006 at 01:05am
I say things that are rude or mean toward Christians but it's my opinion, even if I should stop. All religions get some sort of hatred and I think we just have to deal with it. I don't think it'll change for a while.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 10:39am
well durr.:
People use to hate the Jews. Now people hate the Christians.

i don't get it.

maybe this has something to do with dubya....it has become a trend to hate him. so why not hate his religion? seems to make sense...

Look what hating jewish people came too, I hope nothing in this world can ever lead up to another epidimic like that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 10:39am
Basket*Case:
I say things that are rude or mean toward Christians but it's my opinion, even if I should stop. All religions get some sort of hatred and I think we just have to deal with it. I don't think it'll change for a while.

Oh yes, that will certainkly fix the problem, keep saying rude and hateful things, it will all go away eventually Rolling Eyes
Register