Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 04:19am
I posted this on the Idiot Club(yeah, ignore the names.... lol):

What is calling people brainwashed idiots or pathetic athiests getting accomplished? All three of you need to learn to be respectfull of people's beliefs and opinions.

Just because someone doesn't believe in God, doesn't make them any less of a person than I- or anyone else who believes in God- am/are. Just because I believe in God, doesn't make me any less of a person than Lars, or Annie. Just because someone believes in Buddha, doesn't make them any less of a person. The list goes on.

A person's religious beliefs do not make them any less or more of a person. So please be respectfull of Christians, Muslims, Athiests, Buddhists, and ANYBODY else who has a different religious belief than you do.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad there are so many Athiests in the world," is making Methodists and other non-Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches who can't respect anyone.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad that there's so many brainwashed people following religion and corrupting this world," is making Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

All you're doing by saying: "God isn't real so no one should believe in him," is making all followers of a religioun that doesn't worship God look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

I know for a fact that not all Methodists are that way, nor are all Athiests, nor is any other "group of people." It's all a stereotype, and all you are doing by "defending" your beliefs is making that stereotype grow.

People don't have to believe in the same things as you to make that person worth your respect
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 04:57am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

What is calling people brainwashed idiots or pathetic athiests getting accomplished? All three of you need to learn to be respectfull of people's beliefs and opinions.

Just because someone doesn't believe in God, doesn't make them any less of a person than I- or anyone else who believes in God- am/are. Just because I believe in God, doesn't make me any less of a person than Lars, or Annie. Just because someone believes in Buddha, doesn't make them any less of a person. The list goes on.

A person's religious beliefs do not make them any less or more of a person. So please be respectfull of Christians, Muslims, Athiests, Buddhists, and ANYBODY else who has a different religious belief than you do.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad there are so many Athiests in the world," is making Methodists and other non-Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches who can't respect anyone.

All you're doing by saying: "It's sad that there's so many brainwashed people following religion and corrupting this world," is making Athiests look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

All you're doing by saying: "God isn't real so no one should believe in him," is making all followers of a religioun that doesn't worship God look like narrow-minded assholes and bitches.

I know for a fact that not all Methodists are that way, nor are all Athiests, nor is any other "group of people." It's all a stereotype, and all you are doing by "defending" your beliefs is making that stereotype grow.

People don't have to believe in the same things as you to make that person worth your respect

you're right if you say stuff like that.....then you are being narrow minded.
but if you can actually back up that a god does exist....then no you aren't....same with being able to back up the non-existince of a god.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 04:58am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

That's one of the main goals in all religions :\

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.

explain missionarys and why so much of the money that goes to churches go to trying to get more people to believe in god then.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 04:59am
Sheepo@_@:
pish posh. Alot of people do believe christianity is stupid or some of that stuff. But I personally dont care about what they think. I believe they'll be judged by God and I need not be burdened by them. Rolling Eyes I sound like an old book. Very Happy Anyway yeah.....believe what you want do what you want, I'll stick to my stuff and you stick to yours. Anyone who forces stuff on you force right back but other than that dont tell shit to people just cause they're religion....cause that goes right up there with rascism[sp].

if you're just trashing them then yes it does go with racism....if it's trying to show them the falseness in their religion/non-religion...no it doesn't.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
December 24th, 2005 at 05:00am
Sheepo@_@:
pish posh. Alot of people do believe christianity is stupid or some of that stuff. But I personally dont care about what they think. I believe they'll be judged by God and I need not be burdened by them. Rolling Eyes I sound like an old book. Very Happy Anyway yeah.....believe what you want do what you want, I'll stick to my stuff and you stick to yours. Anyone who forces stuff on you force right back but other than that dont tell shit to people just cause they're religion....cause that goes right up there with rascism[sp].
*agrees*
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 05:06am
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:
christians are fine, christianity is fine. its just when they start trying to change or convert you that gets to me.

Um, no it isn't. The main(and the only)goal of religions are to give people something to believe in, something to base facts on, reason to believe that things happen for a reason, and that things will work out if you just keep your faith.

explain missionarys and why so much of the money that goes to churches go to trying to get more people to believe in god then.

Are you serious???? Missionaries go around the world to try and help people. One of the more important people in my life is a missionary and would NEVER try to push her religioun on anyone else. Please avoid stereotyping.
Ummmmm, where in the WORLD are you from???????? Money that goes to churches goes to: (a)Missionary trips to help: Hurricane victims(my brother was a part of that trip), people who live in 3rd world countries, etc..., (b)to pay the bills of the church and (c)to help keep the church up and running. So I have NO clue where you are getting your facts from, but they aren't right. I know enough people who work in churches and do Missionary trips to know that what you are saying isn't right.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 24th, 2005 at 05:07am
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

but if you can actually back up that a god does exist....then no you aren't....same with being able to back up the non-existince of a god.

How is it possible to back up the existance of God and Jesus Christ? Or the non-existance. That would destroy the whole concept of faith.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 06:33am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:

Are you serious???? Missionaries go around the world to try and help people. One of the more important people in my life is a missionary and would NEVER try to push her religioun on anyone else. Please avoid stereotyping.
Ummmmm, where in the WORLD are you from???????? Money that goes to churches goes to: (a)Missionary trips to help: Hurricane victims(my brother was a part of that trip), people who live in 3rd world countries, etc..., (b)to pay the bills of the church and (c)to help keep the church up and running. So I have NO clue where you are getting your facts from, but they aren't right. I know enough people who work in churches and do Missionary trips to know that what you are saying isn't right.

uh huh....i have family who are VERY christian and go to mexico yearly....or did
they would go there and preach about jesus..and build them houses from cheap scraps.
Like...they'd go around preaching their religion.
Also, what about motels & hotels? they have bibles in the room! is this not pushing the religion?
commercials and tv shows...that's pushing it as well
some of the things might be subtle but they are there.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 06:34am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

How is it possible to back up the existance of God and Jesus Christ? Or the non-existance. That would destroy the whole concept of faith.

if you can't back up god then don't be surprised when people dog you for believing in it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 06:38am
Robot:
if you can't back up god then don't be surprised when people dog you for believing in it.

I know that reply wasn't directed at me, but how indeed can you disprove God?. We can neither vouch for or against his/her/their existance.
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 24th, 2005 at 06:41am
Bloodraine:
Robot:

I know that reply wasn't directed at me, but how indeed can you disprove God?. We can neither vouch for or against his/her/their existance.

most religiongs have faults that for some are so widespread.....if you believe in that religion....you would almost need to be retarded
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2005 at 06:44am
Robot:
Bloodraine:
Robot:

most religiongs have faults that for some are so widespread.....if you believe in that religion....you would almost need to be retarded

All the same, what you consider 'Retarded' may to others make perfect sense. Bringing us back on topic, this idea of prejudice towards one particular group's views (In this case unspecifically calling their views 'Retarded) is what I was getting at.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 09:39am
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Robot:
poison_fish:

uh huh....i have family who are VERY christian and go to mexico yearly....or did
they would go there and preach about jesus..and build them houses from cheap scraps.
Like...they'd go around preaching their religion.
Also, what about motels & hotels? they have bibles in the room! is this not pushing the religion?
commercials and tv shows...that's pushing it as well
some of the things might be subtle but they are there.

And I know a few of my friend's who are missionaries and all they do is go round the country forcing their faith on others.
I'm not saying that's what all missionaries do, because I know that's bullshit. But it DOES happen ExtraordinaryGirl.
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
December 24th, 2005 at 10:11am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
*Blue Star*-GARBIEKINS!!:
If it wasn't for Christians, Christmas wouldn't exist. Am I on topic? Confused

I was on this guy's myspace the other day and he was saying he was Satanist, but he obviously had no idea what the hell it even fucking was.

lmfao

Send me his myspace if you have it.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 10:13am
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I was on this guy's myspace the other day and he was saying he was Satanist, but he obviously had no idea what the hell it even fucking was.

lmfao

I would, but I was only on Browse and I didn't add him as a friend so...
All you need to know is that he was a pyscho.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 24th, 2005 at 10:15am
I have nothing against Christians, because if I did than I'd have a grudge against my entire family.

People can believe what they want to believe. Religion shouldn't be forced onto others, because it's no one else's decision.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 24th, 2005 at 10:15am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

lmfao

Laughing Haha Alex. I luff you.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 24th, 2005 at 10:18am
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

lmfao

Laughing Haha Alex. I luff you.

I luff you more Cool
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
December 24th, 2005 at 02:28pm
I'm a Christian. I think it's bad that people say things like "THE CHRISTIANS blah blah blah..."

I haven't done anything to anyone, but when I say "I'm a Christian" everyone thinks "Well she's a sap.

Well I have as much fun as the next man.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
December 24th, 2005 at 02:45pm
Hmmmm...I've seen a lot of kids like that.

"You're a Christian?! You're really lame."

-walksaway-

I thought christmas was a pegan holiday Confused but it was celebrated by christians too though..

i'm probably wrong though..meh
Register