Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
HolleeHysteria
Falling In Love With The Board
HolleeHysteria
December 26th, 2005 at 05:38am
Were I come from no one discriminates agaisnt Christians strictly speaking because most of us were Christened.
But they do discriminate agaisnt Sikhs, Islams, And so on.
I think the war in Iraq has turned alot of people agasint them. But what do you expect? Everyone is labelled and thrown in the same box these days.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 01:29pm
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Bloodraine:
Forgive me if this topic already exists in some way, shape or form.

For some time, I personally have noticed a growing trend (mostly in young people) in hatred towards Christianity. Nowadays, people are renouncing the Christian faith in favor of more unconventional religions. We seem all too eager to blame Christians for the world's problems. Can this be Justified?. I, personally, do not think it can. Christianity may have its faults, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Also, would this prejudice be considered un-acceptable if it were directed towards other faiths?.

I am curious to know other people's view on this subject.

im a christian...

but i find myself reluctantly going to church...

not praying anymore.

its pretty sad.

Going to church and praying isn't what makes you a Christian, though. A lot of people go to church weekly, lead terrible lives with no ill regard, but say they are great Christians because they go to church every Sunday.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 01:32pm
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.
That's your opinion though. Whether or not something is better or worse than something else is entirely subjective. And life isn't fair. Everyone has their own bias. I'm not going to disrespect other religions that I know nothing about. People of those other religions aren't trying to pressure me into adopting their religion. Only pushy Christian organizations do that. And my family pushes me towards Christianity. And I don't like Christianity. I don't like religion at all. And trying to pressure me into it just makes me dislike it more.

Confused
So in your opinion, one religion is better than any other for every human on earth? No religion is the right religion for everybody, just like no religion is the wrong religion for everybody. That's a fact, not an opinion.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 26th, 2005 at 02:18pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.
That's your opinion though. Whether or not something is better or worse than something else is entirely subjective. And life isn't fair. Everyone has their own bias. I'm not going to disrespect other religions that I know nothing about. People of those other religions aren't trying to pressure me into adopting their religion. Only pushy Christian organizations do that. And my family pushes me towards Christianity. And I don't like Christianity. I don't like religion at all. And trying to pressure me into it just makes me dislike it more.

Confused
So in your opinion, one religion is better than any other for every human on earth? No religion is the right religion for everybody, just like no religion is the wrong religion for everybody. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Actually, I disagree there. I think there IS a right religion for everyone. Whatever you feel most comfortable with. I think anyway.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 03:18pm
What I'm saying is that no ONE religion is right for every human being. I feel very comfortable with my religion, but that doesn't mean somebody else will.
I wasn't saying that there wasn't a "right" religion for everybody, I just meant that the right religion for you may not be the right religion for me.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 03:19pm
What I'm saying is that no ONE religion is right for every human being. I feel very comfortable with my religion, but that doesn't mean somebody else will.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 26th, 2005 at 03:56pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I wasn't saying that there wasn't a "right" religion for everybody, I just meant that the right religion for you may not be the right religion for me.

AHHH right. Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. Yeah I agree with you there.
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
December 26th, 2005 at 04:15pm
im lucky in that although i am not a strict christian, i still am one and where the cross, but i dont get taken the mickey out of. Although, in my area for all the people who just want to bully others who arent as ignorant as them, there are those who respect the fact that everybody has a right to their own beliefs.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 04:45pm
Yeah, I guess I did word that oddly. I just get annoyed when I see/hear anybody belittiling(sp?) anybody else's religion just because it's not the "right" religion. Everybody has different lifestyle's, everybody has different values, therefore, one religion won't work for the whole world.
*meggy72*wants2bminority
Geek
*meggy72*wants2bminority
December 26th, 2005 at 06:52pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:

that's probably a very good point... the world will always hav ppl with all different beliefs and different opinions and ppl, and we've gotta live with that - it would probably be boring if everyone had the same religion and thoughts and had same opinions. i like to hear what other religions are like sometimes
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 26th, 2005 at 07:14pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:

Confused
What the fuck? When did I ever say that one religion was best for everyone? I said I don't like Christianity or any religion. Jesus christ. Rolling Eyes
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 26th, 2005 at 07:21pm
Stop trying to look smart because you're not. I never said that one religion is best for everyone on Earth. I said that I don't like religions, especially Christianity because of my experience with it. Now you accuse me of saying that one religion is best for everyone? It's an obvious fact that it's not. No one ever said you couldn't be Christian. No one on here ever discriminated against you for being Christian. I was just giving my own opinion on the subject. You're full of bullshit though because you're trying to argue with me and you're making shit up to do it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 07:53pm
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:

Confused
What the fuck? When did I ever say that one religion was best for everyone? I said I don't like Christianity or any religion. Jesus christ. Rolling Eyes

You said that your opinion disagreed with what I had posted. What I had posted was that no one religion was right for everybody. Take a chill pill and if you say something, don't flip out when people call you out on it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 07:55pm
fancy pants:
Stop trying to look smart because you're not. I never said that one religion is best for everyone on Earth. I said that I don't like religions, especially Christianity because of my experience with it. Now you accuse me of saying that one religion is best for everyone? It's an obvious fact that it's not. No one ever said you couldn't be Christian. No one on here ever discriminated against you for being Christian. I was just giving my own opinion on the subject. You're full of bullshit though because you're trying to argue with me and you're making shit up to do it.

Wow. Just, wow. You can't even debate well. I may not me the smartest human on earth, but I'm not stupid. I also don't overreact when somebody ARGUES with me on a forum that was MADE for ARGUEING. I was calling you out on the post you made. Maybe you misinterpurted what I said(which was that I don't think one religion is right for everybody, you said you disagreed with that)or maybe I misinterperted what you said.
Yes, I actually have been called a "retard" on here, also been judged before I even made a post.
Grow up. Honestly, you sound like a twelve year old trying to get involved in "big kids talk," you don't even know what I said EITHER TIME I said it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 26th, 2005 at 07:57pm
I was saying that no one religion is right for everybody, no one religion was any better or worse than any other.
You replied saying that it was my opinon(when it wasn't even an opinion, it's a fact)and making it very obvious that you disagreed with what I said.

However, I am not going to get into another stupid arguement where I have words put in my mouth. So that is the last thing I will say to you.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 26th, 2005 at 08:12pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:

Confused

You said that your opinion disagreed with what I had posted. What I had posted was that no one religion was right for everybody. Take a chill pill and if you say something, don't flip out when people call you out on it.
You didn't say that. You said Christianity isn't any better or worse than any other religion. You didn't say that there's not one right religion for everyone. And I said that it was YOUR opinion that Christianity isn't any better or worse than other religions because whether or not something is better or worse than something else is subjective. Everyone can have their own opinion about it.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 26th, 2005 at 08:15pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:

Wow. Just, wow. You can't even debate well. I may not me the smartest human on earth, but I'm not stupid. I also don't overreact when somebody ARGUES with me on a forum that was MADE for ARGUEING. I was calling you out on the post you made. Maybe you misinterpurted what I said(which was that I don't think one religion is right for everybody, you said you disagreed with that)or maybe I misinterperted what you said.
Yes, I actually have been called a "retard" on here, also been judged before I even made a post.
Grow up. Honestly, you sound like a twelve year old trying to get involved in "big kids talk," you don't even know what I said EITHER TIME I said it.
All I said is that it's your opinion that Christianity isn't better or worse than any other religion. You're the one putting words in my mouth.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 26th, 2005 at 08:22pm
Yeah, she tends to do that
KJ*Kisack*and*BJ*Arm
Geek
KJ*Kisack*and*BJ*Arm
December 26th, 2005 at 10:51pm
hey, i'm a christian
Nine_Inch_Nails