AuthorMessage
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 29th, 2005 at 11:49pm
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
she is synthetic.:
In the Bible, the future is mentioned. That, in the future, people will be labeled with barcodes. The Bible was written before barcodes were even in use, obviously.

Take into consideration: Jesus Christ. Not really a human, his father is God. :/

Then look at the Holocaust. Were the Jews not basically labeled as barcodes? The only "names" they had being numbers.
Jesus was indeed a human. In the flesh. And according to most versions of Christianity, God and Jesus are one in the same. Even though Jesus is always refered to as "the son of God", it's really meant that it's just another form of the one and only true God. The human form.

In the flesh. I already made a post explaining this. Flesh is not everything. Flesh is just flesh.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 29th, 2005 at 11:50pm
Sheepo@_@:
Kiru:
Maybe I'm off here, but might the hate against Christians have something to do with Bush?

I mean, there's a huge anti-Bush fad going on.

And Bush did start that whole War on Terror thing with a little subtext about Christianity.

They gave Islam a bad name, so he has to fire right back and give Christianity a bad name.

...I know you're somewhere else by now, just thought I'd say my piece.
I doubt it has anything to do with Bush.

Yes. For a lot of people, all Christians are the same exact way George W. Bush is. I have often had people act like I am the president because I have similar religous beliefs.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 30th, 2005 at 12:07am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
Kiru:
Maybe I'm off here, but might the hate against Christians have something to do with Bush?

And Bush did start that whole War on Terror thing with a little subtext about Christianity.

They gave Islam a bad name, so he has to fire right back and give Christianity a bad name.

Yes. For a lot of people, all Christians are the same exact way George W. Bush is. I have often had people act like I am the president because I have similar religous beliefs.

I think it's time for people to understand that Bush is own his own now. He doesn't represent the nations' opinion anymore. I can't tell about religion, but I'm sure he'll lose the touch with that too.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 30th, 2005 at 01:27am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
she is synthetic.:
In the Bible, the future is mentioned. That, in the future, people will be labeled with barcodes. The Bible was written before barcodes were even in use, obviously.

Take into consideration: Jesus Christ. Not really a human, his father is God. :/

Then look at the Holocaust. Were the Jews not basically labeled as barcodes? The only "names" they had being numbers.
Jesus was indeed a human. In the flesh. And according to most versions of Christianity, God and Jesus are one in the same. Even though Jesus is always refered to as "the son of God", it's really meant that it's just another form of the one and only true God. The human form.

In the flesh. I already made a post explaining this. Flesh is not everything. Flesh is just flesh.
Jesus was born from a human and he may have very well had a child of his own. That seems pretty human to me.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 30th, 2005 at 01:58am
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
she is synthetic.:

Jesus was born from a human and he may have very well had a child of his own. That seems pretty human to me.

So an average human can heal the blind and walk on water? You are completely misenterpurting what I said, I never said that Jesus was in no way, shape or form- put on this earth as a human being. He was, however, NOT an average human being.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 30th, 2005 at 01:59am
Also, Jesus was born from a human who happened to be a virgin.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
December 30th, 2005 at 02:08am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
..Well anything seems to be possible..
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 30th, 2005 at 02:09am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
So an average human can heal the blind and walk on water? You are completely misenterpurting what I said, I never said that Jesus was in no way, shape or form- put on this earth as a human being. He was, however, NOT an average human being.

ExtraodinaryGirl:
That's bullshit. You can believe that happened if you want to, but it didn't.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 30th, 2005 at 02:46am
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

ExtraodinaryGirl:

Find your proof of that. Like I have said, you do not understand Christianity or the belief. If you did, you would understand that it is based on FAITH and BELIEF.

Please don't classify my PERSONAL choice and beliefs as bullshit. It's called personal choice. I am not going to insult your beliefs, so give me the same.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 30th, 2005 at 02:46am
By the way, try argueing maturly with points. That's what this forum is for, intellegent and mature debate. Not: "That's bullshit."
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
December 30th, 2005 at 10:33am
i think the fact that christians feel they are being discriminated against in things is incredibly rediculous. by banners and things saying "happy holidays" they are including christmas in there, along with many other holidays that wouldnt be included if it just said "merry christmas". besides, look at the current american government and try to tell me that they are being discriminated AGAINST. yea fucking right. Rolling Eyes
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
December 30th, 2005 at 10:37am
Faith:
Sheepo@_@:
Kiru:

Well, he triggers it, you know. After what he tried to do to our Constitution (I mean the gay marriage thing) it sort of initiates the clash. Even though it's not all Christians that want this, it still awakes the conflict. Not sure about the war though... Confused

it's true. bush does have a lot to do with people getting annoyed with the christians. trying to enforce certain beliefs in the form of law of a religion that you dont believe in would probably piss you off too.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 30th, 2005 at 11:46am
fancy pants:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

ExtraodinaryGirl:

You ever heard of Sperm banks? Wink

Obviously that didn't happen at the time but it is possible to be born of a virgin nowadays.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 30th, 2005 at 08:55pm
Spirit Of '77:
i think the fact that christians feel they are being discriminated against in things is incredibly rediculous. by banners and things saying "happy holidays" they are including christmas in there, along with many other holidays that wouldnt be included if it just said "merry christmas". besides, look at the current american government and try to tell me that they are being discriminated AGAINST. yea fucking right. Rolling Eyes

So NOBODY discriminates against Christians because the government doesn't? Take a look at this thread:

'To believein that religion you'd almost have to be retarded.'
'That's bullshit'(talked about a Christian's personal beliefs)
'I think all Chirstians are Christians are hypocrytical.'

There's a lot more, as well. All religions are discriminated against, including Christians. It is completely unfair and unjust to say Christians aren't discriminated against because we have a very devote Christian as our president.

So yes, I will tell you Christians are discriminated against. As are all people of all religions.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:36am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Spirit Of '77:

So NOBODY discriminates against Christians because the government doesn't? Take a look at this thread:

'To believein that religion you'd almost have to be retarded.'
'That's bullshit'(talked about a Christian's personal beliefs)
'I think all Chirstians are Christians are hypocrytical.'

There's a lot more, as well. All religions are discriminated against, including Christians. It is completely unfair and unjust to say Christians aren't discriminated against because we have a very devote Christian as our president.

So yes, I will tell you Christians are discriminated against. As are all people of all religions.

(EG, to save you the time and typing - yes, I am closed-minded and stereotypical and dumb and immature...)

All religions are descriminated against and always will be. Always. Look, we're having a Christanity thread, but we don't have a Buddhist thread, we don't have a Judaism thread...Descrimination! Everyone says "Merry Christmas", but only a few people bothered to say "Happy Hanukkah!". Descrimination!

Christianity has been a major socially preferred religion in most of the world for centuries and all other religions were considered unworthy, it was an okay thing to descriminate against them. And now, when people are finally realizing that other religions or no religion is okay as well, they are starting to speak their minds and are no longer afraid to say they don't agree with Christianity or even hate it. But Christians who are so used to being the allmighty religion that no one dares to mess with, now feel oh-so-offended by the fact that people dare to descriminate against them.
Well now, how does it feel to be on the other side? You don't like it? Well, better get used to it. Everyone is descriminated against - so are you.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 31st, 2005 at 05:44am
Um, sweetie, I'm the one who said all religions are discriminated against. So, yeah, that arguement makes no sense to argue it against me. I know I'm discriminated against, I said that, I also said every religion is discriminated against. Nothing you said makes any sense replying to my post considering I said that all, you just said it directing it as an insult to me.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 31st, 2005 at 05:45am
Oh, and what's the "other side?" I don't discriminate against people based on their religion. So I'm on the same side I've always been on. Confused :/
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:46am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Um, sweetie, I'm the one who said all religions are discriminated against. So, yeah, that arguement makes no sense to argue it against me. I know I'm discriminated against, I said that, I also said every religion is discriminated against. Nothing you said makes any sense replying to my post considering I said that all, you just said it directing it as an insult to me.

No, in fact I was agreeing with you. In all of this thread, I never directed anything against you, but for some reason you were offended by absolutely everything I said, even if I tried to agree with you. And you just proved it again.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 31st, 2005 at 05:49am
lmfao

And yet you kept saying 'you' and asked me how it felt to be on the "other side." And by directing things at ALL CHRISTIANS, that included me. Then by saying that "she tends to do that" about me, that was directing it to me. Not to mention all the times you replied directly to my posts directing it at me.

Yup, that's a way not to direct ANY of your posts at me. Confused
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:52am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
lmfao

And yet you kept saying 'you' and asked me how it felt to be on the "other side." And by directing things at ALL CHRISTIANS, that included me. Then by saying that "she tends to do that" about me, that was directing it to me. Not to mention all the times you replied directly to my posts directing it at me.

Yup, that's a way not to direct ANY of your posts at me. Confused

Ah, honestly, I just get a kick out of entering stupid post and see your wisedly thought out replies...
Register