Music Piracy

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 11:26am
Faith:
I can understand when people say "I download a couple of songs to get a taste of the band"

That's one of the reasons I do it...

Of the four albums I've ever downloaded off the internet, I later went out and bought three of them when I had the money, and I got the fourth one for my Birthday anyway.

I use file sharing as a stopgap to combat lack of money...Or to try a few tracks before I buy the album.

Without trying to excuse myself, as I know what I'm doing is morally wrong, Do you seriously think if I had the money I'd still be doing it?
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:38pm
Well its fine for some people to say you should buy all your CD but I've got fuck all money and my family isn't exactly loaded either so excuse me for saving my money for things I can't get for free of the internet.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:46pm
I do wonder why it is morally wrong somtimes, if anartist has good music, then people will attend their concerts, buy their merchendice etc, therefore supplying them with a sizeable enough income, and allowing them to cut out the other money scroungers.

They don't need all the money they earn, they are a part of overpaid culture, like Footballers etc.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:43pm
if everyone downloaded music illegally the industry would cease to exist.
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:51pm
Music piracy...
[Someone I know] copies CDs. I don't care. I used to have them...I mean, they're cheaper, and they play the smae thing, but now I don't.
I guess it's wrong for the band/singer, because they've made the music and they don't get money for it, but then again, you're still listening to their music.
I don't care. I don't think it's so bad.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:57pm
If everyone downloaded music illegially the artists would still get money through gigs etc,.
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:58pm
Yeah...I download all of my music from limewire. I guess tthat's 'illegal'. But I'm not going to pay money for all of my music when I have the CDs anyway, that's just plain stupid, and I'm only 13. I don't have a job, I'm not rich.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:12pm
PanicOfBeliever:
If everyone downloaded music illegially the artists would still get money through gigs etc,.

but no more new music would be made as there would be no label to release it and henceforth the bands would go bust. most concert promoters are linked to the label, as is merch. need i go on?
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:17pm
Read my article, artists dont NEED labels.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:21pm
PanicOfBeliever:

youre wrong. filesharing does increase the price of cds. people fileshare because cds are too expensive, this leads to a drop in cd sales and the need for retailers to bump up the prices to make a profit. if we all started BUYING cds (theres nothing wrong with it) then they would eventually become cheaper.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:23pm
Stated, Digital distribution is the future, we dont need retailers or labels.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:27pm
PanicOfBeliever:

Your article is your opinion, and therefore may not be based on fact.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:29pm
My article is based on logic, a form of factual evidence.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:38pm
PanicOfBeliever:

Confused Yes they do.
I don't wanna buy a CD with a gory picture and something like Stench of Death on it, and it to turn out to be something like Britney Spears...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:42pm
PanicOfBeliever:
My article is based on logic, a form of factual evidence.

My trusty www.dictionary.com says otherwise.

4 entries found for Logic.
logĀ·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ljk)
n.
The study of the principles of reasoning, especially of the structure of propositions as distinguished from their content and of method and validity in deductive reasoning.

A system of reasoning: Aristotle's logic.
A mode of reasoning: By that logic, we should sell the company tomorrow.

The formal, guiding principles of a discipline, school, or science.
Valid reasoning: Your paper lacks the logic to prove your thesis.
The relationship between elements and between an element and the whole in a set of objects, individuals, principles, or events: There's a certain logic to the motion of rush-hour traffic.
Computer Science.
The nonarithmetic operations performed by a computer, such as sorting, comparing, and matching, that involve yes-no decisions.
Computer circuitry.
Graphic representation of computer circuitry.

No hint of truth.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:52pm
Black Rose Silver Moon:
PanicOfBeliever:

Confused Yes they do.
I don't wanna buy a CD with a gory picture and something like Stench of Death on it, and it to turn out to be something like Britney Spears...

If it were digital distribution you wouldnt need Cds =/ All music would be free anyhow, so no worries if you ever got the wrong thing (Unlikely)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:57pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Black Rose Silver Moon:
PanicOfBeliever:

Confused Yes they do.

If it were digital distribution you wouldnt need Cds =/ All music would be free anyhow, so no worries if you ever got the wrong thing (Unlikely)

But people like me enjoy owning the CD's.

I like seeing the artwork, I like reading the Lyrics...
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 23rd, 2006 at 02:59pm
Lyrics are obtained for free off the net, Is artwork a huge priceto payfor free music,and a decent deal for the artists?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 03:02pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Lyrics are obtained for free off the net, Is artwork a huge priceto payfor free music,and a decent deal for the artists?

As a somewhat artistic person myself, I enjoy looking at it very much.

Lyrics must first be posted by people who have the album, anyway.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 23rd, 2006 at 03:08pm
Bloodraine:
PanicOfBeliever:

As a somewhat artistic person myself, I enjoy looking at it very much.

Lyrics mus first be posted by people who have the album, anyway.

I have to admitt I love the album art, the odd time I buy an album its for the art.
I don't want to lose CDs completely I just think they should lower the price then there wouldn't be so much piracy.
I mean in this country its 20 euros for an album and 7 euros for a single...I've checked for money trees but as of yet haven't found any Think
Register