Music Piracy

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 10th, 2006 at 03:51pm
Haley Teh Great:
I download alot of stuff illegally. But, I only do that when I like one song on a CD, so I don't have to spend 20 bucks on a CD for 1 song. And also, I buy the Cd, if I download a few songs, and like it. Because you DO need to give the artist credit. If everyone was downloading Green Day songs, and never bought te Cd, the wouldn't have triple platinum records. They judge by how many records are sold, not how many songs we download illegally. So, I guess I have mixed feelings.

dont we have somthing called the download charts now?
keasbey
keasbey
February 11th, 2006 at 12:33pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Haley Teh Great:
I download alot of stuff illegally. But, I only do that when I like one song on a CD, so I don't have to spend 20 bucks on a CD for 1 song. And also, I buy the Cd, if I download a few songs, and like it. Because you DO need to give the artist credit. If everyone was downloading Green Day songs, and never bought te Cd, the wouldn't have triple platinum records. They judge by how many records are sold, not how many songs we download illegally. So, I guess I have mixed feelings.

dont we have somthing called the download charts now?
I don't know, but I think that counts if you download, and PAY for it.
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
February 11th, 2006 at 01:14pm
September_has_Ended:
Hey, our internet services give us the ability to dowload it.

We're just smart shoppers.

I'm just so sick of hearing about millionare artists whining about how their latest single was downloaded for free. There are worst things in the world than your loss of more cash flow.

But, I guess I'm a hypocrite, I buy CD's, but that's because I don't own an Mp3 player. But if I did have one, you can bet your ass I'd download music illegaly.

Have you no self control?
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 11th, 2006 at 01:48pm
the madcap laughs:
September_has_Ended:

I'm just so sick of hearing about millionare artists whining about how their latest single was downloaded for free. There are worst things in the world than your loss of more cash flow.

But, I guess I'm a hypocrite, I buy CD's, but that's because I don't own an Mp3 player. But if I did have one, you can bet your ass I'd download music illegaly.

Exactly what point are you trying to make by insulting her?
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
February 11th, 2006 at 02:52pm
paradoxical:
the madcap laughs:
September_has_Ended:

Not insulting her...I'm just saying, you don't HAVE to do it just because the opportunity arises
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 11th, 2006 at 05:32pm
I hate downloading music. I love to support the artists. But I do copy my cds so I use the burnt copy and the original doesn't get scratched or worn out. It is NOT illegal to copy cds for your own personal use. It IS illegal to copy cds for personal gain, or to give to others.

Well, in australia, anyways.
Kitti
Kitti
February 11th, 2006 at 07:22pm
the madcap laughs:
paradoxical:
the madcap laughs:
September_has_Ended:

Not insulting her...I'm just saying, you don't HAVE to do it just because the opportunity arises

Music downloading is more efficient timewise with an mp3 player. You don't have to convert the files to a playable format. You assumed that she meant something she may not have, and no matter how I look at your reaction, it was an insult. Had you made a point afterward, maybe it would have been a different story.
Ilse
Ilse
February 11th, 2006 at 08:26pm
the madcap laughs:
September_has_Ended:

Hey, if you kept reading I don't download music because I don't own an Mp3.

But, why pay a buck for a song if you can get it free?
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
February 11th, 2006 at 11:51pm
if we pirated all of green day's music they'd still be filthy rich thanks to touring. So I say it's good.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2006 at 05:52am
September_has_Ended:
But, why pay a buck for a song if you can get it free?

Why pay £20 for a new DVD player when I can steal one from the shop?

Although, I have a little thing called a conscience stopping me from doing it. Just for the record, I got rid of my file sharing program on Tuesday, partly because I feel guilty for owning it and partly because of a change in circumstances it now only takes me two weeks to save up for a CD instead of 3. Which isn't too bad at all.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 12th, 2006 at 06:17am
the darkness will encourage you to download they're music.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
March 11th, 2006 at 04:44pm
well the artist's are already rich but i'm not,

but i use itunes
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
March 31st, 2006 at 02:45pm
Didn't Weezer put up tracks from "Make Believe" on their site before it was released last year?
Kitti
Kitti
March 31st, 2006 at 04:23pm
dirtyhippie:
Didn't Weezer put up tracks from "Make Believe" on their site before it was released last year?

Think so.
New Dresden Dolls tracks are up on MySpace, but it's the official band page.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
March 31st, 2006 at 05:45pm
In Latvia no one buys the cd's of our local bands, mostly because their music sucks, and everyone downloads it. But they need the money here more than the rich American bands, who are already mega rich, but our bands don't often get back the money they spent on the record so that's a bad thing.

Talking about foreign music, I download. Because they don't sell good and new cd's here and my family wouldn't buy me that much cd's anyway. So most of my cd's are either cheap pirate shit from the market (mostly Britney Spears) or burned. Aha.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 25th, 2006 at 01:06am
Incubus:
Music Piracy has been going on for years, when my parents were young they taped songs off the radio and now a days we download music and burn CDs and in ten or twenty years there'll probably be a more advanced way of doing it.
Its illeagle but loads of people do it and why not? When you buy CDs you're giving money to large profit making companies and artists with tonns of money, why shouldn't someone who is a bit straped for cash burn a few CDs
it's not only your parents... me too.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 09:53am
I still tape songs off the radio because my car doesn't have a CD Player.

I watched the episode of South Park just the other day about music piracy. And I agree with what they said about artists who don't recieve funds for their music 'must live only in semi-luxury as opposed to complete luxury' (or something like that, paraphrased).

I mean, isn't being an artist about the art?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2006 at 11:03am
Oh, heaven Forbid the artists don't become filthy rich off of whatever they recorded, they want the money, but it's still totally about the music Rolling Eyes

Yeah right.
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 6th, 2006 at 03:43pm
I buy albums but i download single songs from a program called ares. seeing as i live in the middle of nowhere and can never get into town to buy a CD and i don't have enough money, i don't see that downloading off ares is wrong.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 7th, 2006 at 09:53am
I dont download albums, i think that if an artist has gone through months of trying to get inspiration to bring you a really good fucking record then i dont think it is right to basically 'steal' it because thats what it is. So the leats you could do is just buy it, plus i like having an owning the CD.
Register