Music Piracy

AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 08:56pm
What's this kerrang that you speak of?

I just listen to 7 for stuff like Dr Who, Eddie Izzard, Clue, etc.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 08:57pm
dirtyhippie:

Kerrang is a popular alternative magazine that now has it's own music video channel and radio station.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 27th, 2006 at 08:58pm
dirtyhippie:

oh boy i love eddie izzard he is excellent live!! kerrang is a channel on cable radio and on cable tv and on sky tv that shows heavy music.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 09:01pm
I see now...

I just got HOOKED on the Doctor. "Chimes of Midnight" just finished, and that was pret-ty nutty.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 28th, 2006 at 10:40am
tre_cool_is_god:
dirtyhippie:

oh boy i love eddie izzard he is excellent live!! kerrang is a channel on cable radio and on cable tv and on sky tv that shows heavy music.

Whoa. You've seen Eddie Izzard live? I envy you. Crying or Very sad
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 28th, 2006 at 02:53pm
paradoxical:
tre_cool_is_god:
dirtyhippie:

Whoa. You've seen Eddie Izzard live? I envy you. Crying or Very sad

i've also seen Lee Evans who was awesome.
SorryMa
SorryMa

Mibba
January 30th, 2006 at 01:45pm
grrrrrrrr
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 30th, 2006 at 03:03pm
No*Art*For*Arts*Sake:
grrrrrrrr

Eh that was a useful input
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
January 30th, 2006 at 03:04pm
I'm against music piracy, of all kinds.

If you truly are a fan of the band, surely you'll at least show your support and not steal the music from them
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 30th, 2006 at 03:09pm
the madcap laughs:

If you truly are a fan of the band, surely you'll at least show your support and not steal the music from them

So what people who can't afford to buy all the CDs they want aren't "truly fans".
Bands are suppose to be about music, as long as people love the music I'd say they were "truly fans of the band".
death_metal_madness
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
death_metal_madness
January 30th, 2006 at 03:18pm
Incubus:
the madcap laughs:

So what people who can't afford to buy all the CDs they want aren't "truly fans".
Bands are suppose to be about music, as long as people love the music I'd say they were "truly fans of the band".
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
January 30th, 2006 at 03:36pm
death_metal_madness:
Incubus:
the madcap laughs:

Yes, I'm well aware of that. If you can't afford it, fair enough

But I'm sure you know as well as I do, there are far too many who can afford to, but just choose not to.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 30th, 2006 at 04:59pm
It what people do thoughm. It can be used until one can afford a cd, if they don't like the music, dont buy the cd.

Its been proven. Since the beggining of Napster, back when it used to be an illegial P2P service album sales doubled in the yearof it's release, proving that getting music this way heplps cd sales.

Another mention of note is the fact that companys such as sony are compensated 10% of every Dvd writer sale etc (Not really compensation as we have a right to back up our stuff) as a gesture of goodwill. Then they push to stop music trading.

Pure greed.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 30th, 2006 at 05:28pm
I don't get how people say downloading music will make CDs obsolete, I mean only a few days ago the Arctic Monkeys CD sold more copies than any other in British history.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
January 30th, 2006 at 11:35pm
I don't download any music. I prefer to pay for my cds. I don't care if I have to save up for a while. I just like OWNING the cd.

I also don't like it when people download EVERYTHING and don't pay for any cds. At all. I know people who do that, and I think that its wrong. I mean the artist has put so much work into their music, its wrong to just steal it.

Sometimes, I burn a cd from my friend and then I go and buy it. I only burn it to listen to it until I have enough money to buy it.

I love the album art, and the cd, and everything about owning a cd. So I buy.

Plus, there are some artists that I love so much, and I couldn't bring myself to steal music off them. Like The Living End, I think they are fantastic, and I would rather support them by buying their CD than downloading it. I also go to their shows, and I also buy merch. Because I love the band so much, I want to support them.

They said this on their Modern ARTillery CD:

Thank you for buying this music and for supporting the artists, songwriters, musicians and others who've created it and made it possible. Please remember that this recording and artwork are protected by copyright law. Since you dont own the copyright, it's not yours to distribute. Please don't use Internet services that promote the illegal distribution of copyrighted music, give away illegal copics of discs or lend discs to others for copying. It's hurting the artists who created the music. It has the same effect as stealing a disc from a store without paying for it.

Yeah, so I would rather support the bands. And I hate copying for others, as well.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 1st, 2006 at 02:11pm
do you all think its ok to copy a CD because you want to keep the originals in pristene condition, and you only have the copies for your own use.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
February 1st, 2006 at 03:10pm
Yes
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
February 1st, 2006 at 03:14pm
Yesh.. I s'pose it is.. I've never done that.. hmm.. clever but strange idea.. Smile
Super Black Market Karlee
Idiot
Super Black Market Karlee
February 1st, 2006 at 05:29pm
i personally buy almost all my CDs. But I like to listen to a lot of obscure bands like The Soviettes and some local bands, so when I can't find a CD in a record store, LimeWire is my solution. Also, there are some tracks you can't get on a CD (Like A Rat Does Cheese, and some live performances, for example), so again, file-sharing is useful in that case. But I like buying CDs, and even some vinyls. Maybe I just like the album art, and the inserts, and all the snazzy special features some CDs have. xD

I just bought the Arch Enemy, "Dead Eyes See No Future" LP and it has an awesome music video. Music piracy got pwned. Cool
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 3rd, 2006 at 08:37am
*Blue Star*-I Can Eat You:
Yesh.. I s'pose it is.. I've never done that.. hmm.. clever but strange idea.. Smile

yeah well i like to keep my cd's in pristene condition and the copies NEVER leave my house. And i would never let anyone else copy them either.
Register