Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 22nd, 2008 at 04:22pm
Yeah, this past year I became obsessed with other stuff. But they are still my favorite band and I still love them. As soon as their new album comes out, I'l be obsessed again. Although being obsessed with them did make me depressed. It was all I cared about. I would spend hours online talking about them, founding out new info, and looking at pictures. I wasn't doing homework, I hated going to working because I couldn't be online, it was horrible (I don't think that was the only reason I got depressed though). Hopefully, if I do became obsessed again, it isn't as bad.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 22nd, 2008 at 04:47pm
no way!
BjaMdTc-GD
Geek
BjaMdTc-GD
January 22nd, 2008 at 05:24pm
unfortunetly yes i have when american idiot came out, thats when i statred loveing them but them i got mor einto mcr and likr completly forgot obout GD but now its the opposite way around
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
January 22nd, 2008 at 05:41pm
10 min
jess!
Geek
jess!
January 22nd, 2008 at 10:18pm
yes.
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
January 23rd, 2008 at 11:20am
kind of. Waiting for new stuff gets you bored
St. Dude
St. Dude
January 26th, 2008 at 03:37am
no
Shane Childers
Idiot
Shane Childers

Blog
January 28th, 2008 at 11:56pm
i grew out of em about ths time last year, but ive come back to the side that was good....
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
February 4th, 2008 at 08:50am
yeah i admit i have...the whole american idiot thing was amazing when it came out and then it just got blown way outta proportion and i just got tired of it in the end. I remember when i was totally obsessed and they were all i would listen to and talk about and i would be on this site for hours and hours at a time, even spending whole days on here just talking about the guys. But now i've found other bands that i love but Green Day will ultimately be my favourite, i just wanna hear some new material, i mean 3 and a bit years is ages to wait!!! i cant wait anymore!!
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
February 10th, 2008 at 12:35am
Me? Well...yes, for a while I actually did.

Green Day was the first band I had ever really gotten into. They were my first taste of music, period. I didn't love them because they were punk, or because they were hip at the time or anything--I just loved them because they were music.

Then, after a while, I started getting into bands that made deeper, more complex songs, such as Queen, Yes and The Who. When I went back to Green Day, listening to songs that I would have headbanged to with glee only a few months earlier, I scoffed at their simplicity and moved on.

But then...something awesome happened. As I got more well-versed in music in general, I began to realize that all types of music are excellent in their own way, and no one genre is better than the others. Punk-rock is very down-to-earth and accessible. It's easy for a listener to find solace in the frustrated, angry, occasionally heartbroken songs. While other types of music may be deeper or more complex, it still doesn't have that accessibility which makes punk--and, specifically, Green Day--worth listening to.

Now, I see Green Day in a whole new light. I love the biting, poignant wit of their lyrics in Warning, and the straight-up, satisfying power chords of Dookie.

So, basically, I went to the other end of the spectrum and back, and now that I have an understanding of what's out there, I love Green Day even more than I had before. Very Happy
droid.
droid.

Mibba
February 10th, 2008 at 11:36am
Yeah, a few years ago. I wouldn't stop listening to them for months on end, and I finally ended up getting sick of hearing the same songs on repeat, so I stopped listenening to them for almost half a year. But I stilled love 'em as much <3
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 10th, 2008 at 10:10pm
Just this past summer I did. Then I started to realize after a month or too just how important they were in my life. Green Day, Billie, in particular, is so important to me. I think I respect them way more than ever before now. I don't think before I realized just how talented and amazing these guys are. After listening to other bands for a while... I realize how good I have it! Everyone else seems mediocre compared to them!!! I certainly don't take having such an awesome band in my life for granted anymore.
Ashleytotherescue!
Idiot
Ashleytotherescue!

Mibba
February 11th, 2008 at 08:15pm
when i was in 7th grade, my favorite band was the red hot chili peppers and in 5th it was linkin park but i got over it
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
March 4th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Never!
i always compare greenday to some new rock bands..but its incomparable..theres only 1 greenday!
Christie_Road91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie_Road91
March 4th, 2008 at 07:42pm
Eliana Rampage:
Oh I haven't lost interest, I'm just finally expanding my horizons (100 bands or so)

same here
platypusgdfan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
platypusgdfan
April 8th, 2008 at 01:23am
I did. About two years ago. It happened because me and my ex got together in the first place because of Green Day... then the break-up and all that... you can imagine the rest of the story... then I got into MCR but recently, the interest is coming back... Smile
i worship billie joe
Falling In Love With The Board
i worship billie joe
April 8th, 2008 at 12:42pm
Against All Authority:
kind of. Waiting for new stuff gets you bored

same here but listening to my favorite songs helps out alot
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
April 8th, 2008 at 02:57pm
I figured out that there is no way I'll ever be as interested in another band as I am in Green Day - I've never liked a band like this before. They got me so much more into music than I ever was. They gave me a whole new respect for musicians.

That's what I think it is - I respect Green Day so much. I don't think I could ever stop respecting them. I lost interest for a few months - but never again!
Yvonne.
Falling In Love With The Board
Yvonne.
April 10th, 2008 at 06:52am
No, and I've only recently became a fan.
darenmay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
darenmay
April 23rd, 2008 at 09:16am
well i haven't.. i don't want to hate them. i'd kill myself if i do.
Register