Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
June 19th, 2008 at 08:25pm
Shameless.:
I don't listen to Green Day as much as I used to, or as much as I'd like to.
To be honest, I rarely listen to them .. Sad
But I still love them, and they're still my favourite band. Very Happy
Agreed with almost all of the above...they're not my favorite band anymore; that coveted spot has been given to the Beatles. But I still do love them.
Pointless
King For A Couple Of Days
Pointless
June 20th, 2008 at 08:12pm
well, i do not listen to them and think about them all the time as I used too. I started listening to other kinds of stuff and expand my musical horizons but, the other when i watched BIAB again i almost cried.. like.. Greed Day have this place in my heart and this importance to me that no other band can ever replace. They still are my favourit band and i still relate to what they sing and do.
Restless Heart.
Jackass
Restless Heart.
June 21st, 2008 at 10:48am
i dont listen to gd as much as i used to, but im new to this board so im hoping that i will get obsessed with them again...somehow...
rise above
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rise above
June 24th, 2008 at 02:45pm
I still like them, but I haven't been a serious fan since 2004 or so. Because around that time, they were my favorite band, and that was also around the time they got massively popular (again). I just got sick of everyone being all over them I guess.
sasukes gay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
sasukes gay
June 26th, 2008 at 09:06pm
Yes, Ive been a member here for quite a while (i think lol) i stopped in mid 06- january 08. I have all albums. Not just the 3 someone mentiond. ALL of them. From atsart to finish. Now I listen to GD often.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
July 13th, 2008 at 04:36pm
Mistress Dita:
I'm not obsessed anymore but I'm really tired of waiting for their new CD.

iawtc

I don't exactly hate Green Day anymore, I just don't listen to them, because as Kayla said, i'm so mind-numbingly bored of waiting for this new album. So, I started looking elsewhere for new music, and my musical taste has ended up almost completely changing.
When the new album comes out, i'll probably download it (and if I really like it, i'll buy it....i'm tight like that ^-^) and I probably will like it, and kinda get back into Green Day a little bit. I just don't think I could go for four years of listening to the same band without hearing any new music from them, besides side projects and stuff.

tbh I kinda wish they'd stop with the side projects and just get on with Green Day. I know it must be exhausting work for them, and maybe getting away from Green Day for a while will do them some good, but it is getting quite annoying that they seem to be moving so far away from this new album. A small part of me is thinking that the next Green Day album actually won't come, but maybe that's just because they're taking so long.

But yes, I have lost interest in them. Maybe not completely, but mostly.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
August 1st, 2008 at 03:18am
Maybeshewill.:
I don't listen to Green Day as much as I used to, or as much as I'd like to.

Agreed. I really do want to listen to them more, but it's just that listening to the same albums for so long...gets a little old after a while. In the meantime, I've been trying out new genres, and over the past year or so my musical taste has changed tremendously, it's hard for even me to believe.
Green Day is still my favorite band, and I really think I'll get back into them a lot more once they release some new material. Hell, I'll be happy if they just release an EP. As long as it doesn't take much longer.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 1st, 2008 at 07:44am
Shadow of a Doubt:
It makes me feel like a fake fan or something. It's only a few songs here and there though. But I eventually end up liking the song anyway. I just have to listen to it like 10 times.
Which song?
supernaturalfreak21
Jackass
supernaturalfreak21
August 3rd, 2008 at 09:00am
Well, quite recently I jumped back on the Green Day wagon. I just bought Kerplunk and 1,039/smoothed out Slappy Hours..and love them..I listen to them everyday. Oh, and I also the bought the Network cd and a Green Day Biography..I am starting to get back into my "I am wayy too obssessed with Green Day" phase.
XxTreCoolxX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XxTreCoolxX
August 7th, 2008 at 03:51pm
I have for like maybe 3 days.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 16th, 2008 at 02:57am
bjtp:
Shadow of a Doubt:
It makes me feel like a fake fan or something. It's only a few songs here and there though. But I eventually end up liking the song anyway. I just have to listen to it like 10 times.
Which song?

Macy's Day Parade
Westbound Sign
Coming Clean
Working Class Hero
One For The Razorbacks
Rotting
All most all the songs on American Idiot

I refuse to force myself to like Rest and No Know Knows. Espeically Rest though, that song is soooo stupid.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 16th, 2008 at 03:05am
You know it's funny. I never thought I would love a band as much as I did Green Day, but it happened. I love The Who sooo much right now. I feel as thought Green Day is slipping further ad further away from me. I have more songs by The Who than I do by Green Day. But then again I have every song know to man by Green Day and even though I don't have EVERY Who song, they music list is probably endless.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2008 at 11:34pm
I've heard every Green Day song and loved them all. I can listen to one Green Day song for 5 hours or more and still never get bored with it. I love Green Day, and I probably always will. I've got 162 Green Day songs in my iPod... (I know, I'm missing some) and how many other bands do I have? Well, until I get some CDs from their side bands, 0. So, yeah. I suppose you could call me a die-hard fan, especially after I broke someone's leg for saying something mildly insulting about them. So, yeah. Fuck you all.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 18th, 2008 at 03:21pm
St. Jimmy's Bitch:
especially after I broke someone's leg for saying something mildly insulting about them. So, yeah. Fuck you all.

i hope you're lying
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
August 24th, 2008 at 12:36am
umm.. well i really love Green Day. and i have lost interest in them a long time ago for like a few days but then i liked them again and now ever since. ok that makes no sense. i have lost interest in them b4.. but i love them right now and i have for a really long time. i never broke any bodies leg tho. i would punch the person insulting Green Day instead. but i thought that i would end up not liking Green Day.. like it would just die down and i would end up listening to a new band, but i actually been liking them more and more. i have 139 songs and i can play like alot of them on guitar.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
August 24th, 2008 at 02:48am
No I have not-however, I have started to listen to other bands in addition to Green Day while I have been waiting for their new album.

-Foo Fighters
-The Who
-Weezer
-The Beatles
(just to name the main ones)

I have also (VERY) recently stumbled upon a band called Ink Lasts Longer and haven't been able to stop listening to them. (they're unsinged but on myspace)

I have more balance nowadays I guess you could say...
However, Green Day will always be number 1 in my heart though, I didn't lie when I said that...
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
August 29th, 2008 at 06:06pm
yes... i was going throough this hardcore punk stage,, where i wanted to wear a studded jacket ( although i still do) and have spiked hair and all that shit. So i thought of green day as posers... then i relized that i fucked myself over, i still wear studded jacket and have spiked hair, go to alot of punk shows, and listen to green day.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
September 2nd, 2008 at 07:28pm
I've kind of been in that sort of phase for a few months, and I've started listening to really different kinds of music, like Death Cab For Cutie and Coldplay and Keane and stuff... Coolio

But yesterday for the first time in a while I really felt like listening to Green Day again. So I did. And it feels good. ^ ^
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
September 17th, 2008 at 05:00am
i was like obsessed with green day so much that it got to the point when if i said anything about them or even SAID green day they'd slap me across the facee..

thats around the time my computer also broke so i cudn't do this for a while :S

though i've recently got into the way obsessed phase but don't talk about them too my friends cuz there aint no point.

ZOMGG !

PAGEE CLAIM ! WOOTS ! Aleckz
Green Day Hero
Idiot
Green Day Hero
September 17th, 2008 at 11:07am
There was a time I thought of giving up on them cuz....I mean what's the chance of me meeting them and stuff? and I don't have much money to get all the merch I want.

but then I thought of everything they've helped me through (internally i suppose) and got over it.

SORRY TRE, BILLIE, AND MIKE!
Register