Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Trusty Chords.
Jackass
Trusty Chords.

Blog
May 10th, 2008 at 04:43pm
I hugely got into Alkaline Trio back in 2006, and despite myself not listening to Green Day as much as Trio at the time & Trio now being one of my top-notch favourite bands, they'll never replace what Green Day are to me. Never evah evah evah evah!!
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
May 11th, 2008 at 07:34pm
You know what's weird? I've never had it happen to me with another band, but it's like, I don't even want to like another band more than Green Day. I've never thought that a band was better than them. It's like they're permanently tattooed on my heart (that's so corny, but true). Even when I like a band, I KNOW I'll never like them the way I like GD.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 11th, 2008 at 11:38pm
Yes, I am totally obsessed with The Who, Alice Cooper and Classic Rock in general. But Green Day is still my all time favorite band. I don't think I will ever be obsessed with another band like I was with Green Day though. I don't plan on buying every song by The Who known to man (or forcing myself to like every song by them). Shifty
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
May 12th, 2008 at 05:14pm
omg^ yeah... same here. If initially I'm not crazy about a GD song, I'm like "suck it up and like it, dammit!" lmfao
Scooter
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Scooter
May 13th, 2008 at 07:28pm
A while ago, yes, but with the whole Foxboro Hot Tubs explosion and whatnot, I slowly became obsessed again. Laughing
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
May 13th, 2008 at 08:49pm
...I think they've stopped being my favorite band now. Replaced by The Beatles.

It's actually kinda depressing, y'know, 'cause, well...I was totally obsessed with them, sucking up everything I could possibly find about them, etc. And now I'm doing that with the Beatles. Which feels really weird, but in a good way.
I guess it's not really ~fair~ 'cause GD is the band that got me listening to the Beatles in the first place...but still.

HOWEVER! Even though they're not my #1 music-wise anymore, they'll aways have a special place in my heart [to be perfectly schmaltzy], 'cause they got me into music in the first place, and they were my first real favorite BAND, and there's all this stuff they did for me. But I don't think I'll ever stop liking their music, at the very least, even though I can go weeks now without listening to them. Shifty BUT when I do put them in, I love it still.

It's still depressing, though. Molly
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
May 14th, 2008 at 10:22am
^ Don't worry. Once they start popping up more, you'll fall back into being obsessed with them again.

Oh, it happens to the best of us - you think you're actually over Green Day, and then - you're not, lol.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 19th, 2008 at 01:01am
i was obsessed with them and then i started to change grow up a bit
i lost the obsession then the listening to them decreased
then i just stopped listening
and now im back to listening again

i always liked them and probably always will i lost interest for awhile though
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 19th, 2008 at 11:54pm
Poette:
omg^ yeah... same here. If initially I'm not crazy about a GD song, I'm like "suck it up and like it, dammit!" lmfao

It makes me feel like a fake fan or something. It's only a few songs here and there though. But I eventually end up liking the song anyway. I just have to listen to it like 10 times.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
May 20th, 2008 at 01:56pm
I'm so sad Sad. I feel like, all of the sudden, I've lost the obsession with them. I mean, I know I love them, but for some reason...I don't know what's going on.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 20th, 2008 at 05:27pm
tbh, it's been a while since I've really listened to Green Day. And I feel bad for it. =\
But lately I've been listening to The Network a whole lot, so maybe that counts? Coolio
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
May 27th, 2008 at 09:07pm
ok so like along time ago, it was really late and i was listening to green day. and like all the sudden i was like omg im still listening to this band. and like then the next night i was like omg i luv green day!! and i was like wtf this is messed up. it happened again like i little while after, but never again. like ever since ive learned to play like a ton of songs on guitar, ive liked them like more.its weird.
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
May 27th, 2008 at 09:15pm
also i was in this AFI thing, and i listened to them alot. i have no fricken clue why i just like was like this is different. a week later i realized green day is better than any band in the whole world.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2008 at 07:09pm
WHO'S LOSING INTEREST IN GREEN DAY??? LEMME AT HIM< I WANNA KICK HIS FUCKING ASS OFF!!!
sweetgreengirl
Idiot
sweetgreengirl
June 8th, 2008 at 10:32pm
Well I'm not obsessed with them anymore & I love so many great bands too .
I wouldnt consider myself as a Foxboro fan at all, but they are still Green Day!!!
Green Day is the band that made me who I am today....so yeah I still love them!
Very Happy
MTVMAKESMEWANNASMOKECRACK
MTVMAKESMEWANNASMOKECRACK
June 14th, 2008 at 01:17am
I had started listening to them during the summer going into high school. Finding Green Day was my step into adolescence since I met a lot of new people and began listening to different music. I stopped obsessing over them sometime two years ago, but I'll never lose my love for them.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
June 15th, 2008 at 05:37pm
Personally, because the wait for their next album has been so long I've changed. I've grown up from an obnoxious teenager listening to Green Day, and turned into an obnoxious teenager listening to anything that sounds good.

I'm not even into Foxboro Hot Tubs because that's not my style in music.

I've changed, I guess that's the main reason.
Olivia Wilde.
Addict
Olivia Wilde.

Blog
June 17th, 2008 at 09:40pm
I'm not obsessed anymore but I'm really tired of waiting for their new CD.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
June 18th, 2008 at 02:43pm
I go in and out of green day phases.
Not obsessed any more, but still think they're a really great band Smile
Skippy.
Skippy.

Mibba
June 19th, 2008 at 06:35am
I don't listen to Green Day as much as I used to, or as much as I'd like to.
To be honest, I rarely listen to them .. Sad
But I still love them, and they're still my favourite band. Very Happy
Register