Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
viva la gloria.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
viva la gloria.
September 20th, 2008 at 11:55pm
There was I time when I said, "this is getting boring (Green Day)", and I kind of neglected listening to the band and went on to listen 30STM and random mainstream bands. Yeah, there was a time I lost interest. But then, I got unhappy of the other bands and said, "I wanna listen to Green Day again". And there it was.
Green Day Hero
Idiot
Green Day Hero
September 22nd, 2008 at 10:54am
Theres time I think Green Day gets dull....ya know? Like They're all I think about and obsess over....all I listen to. and I've seen all the videos on youtube and stuff.......repeatidly. lol
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 22nd, 2008 at 02:59pm
yes,
yes I have................
Green Day Hero
Idiot
Green Day Hero
September 24th, 2008 at 10:39am
It's an awful feeling for sure. I don't like thinking of it.....but there is times.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
October 8th, 2008 at 06:59pm
well actually there was this timee were i completley frogot about them and got into hello kitty and south park..
Kim Calamity
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kim Calamity

Blog
October 16th, 2008 at 03:50pm
It seems I'm losing interest because I've been broadening my musical horizons with bands that are coming out with new stuff...while Green Day is falling behind on my list. I'll always love them, of course, but it's just tiring listening to the same stuff
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
October 17th, 2008 at 07:26am
well i'm always told by my dad 'i'm a musician and even i think you're having to much time lookin at green day shit'

yeah my dad plays guitar Rolling Eyes anyway, he' salso always saying broaden my horizons and i dnt know how cuz green day grew on me i didn't just pull em out of a hat and hope i liked em.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
October 19th, 2008 at 06:25am
TragicCaseofMyReality:
No I have not-however, I have started to listen to other bands in addition to Green Day while I have been waiting for their new album.

-Foo Fighters
-The Who
-Weezer
-The Beatles
(just to name the main ones)

I have also (VERY) recently stumbled upon a band called Ink Lasts Longer and haven't been able to stop listening to them. (they're unsinged but on myspace)

I have more balance nowadays I guess you could say...
However, Green Day will always be number 1 in my heart though, I didn't lie when I said that...

AND
-Muse
-The Clash
-The Ramones
-Rancid
-Nirvana

I have to say though I've never felt the kind of need to know every single piece of music that a band has created and actually loved every single part of it like I have for Green Day. Green Day just means so much more to me than any other band and I've never gotten SICK of a GD song like I eventually do with other bands. (Even BOBD, seriously. I have NEVER gotten sick of hearing it as a lot of other people seem to have...) I've also never felt an compulse to learn about the actual members of a band like GD. (The closest I've ever gotten to that is reading a book on Dave Grohl, a book on Kurt Cobain, and a book on John Lennon.) Green Day will ALWAYS be the best for me. They are the reason that I know anything about music-the reason I know about DK, The Who, Rancid, and pretty much all the music I listen to. Green Day is...idk...Green Day will just always mean more than the other music I listen to.
PinkFloyd
Geek
PinkFloyd
October 19th, 2008 at 03:43pm
i lose interest in them all the time, i sometimes dont think about them for months, im more of a rock lover really and indie n shit.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
October 21st, 2008 at 01:36am
Never ever
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
October 21st, 2008 at 02:43pm
At the age of 6 or 7 I heard BOBD and loved it, I got a couple of cd's then my love for 'em kinda dried up. Then I had a phase when I listened to other stuff like Panic at the Disco etc, but a few months ago I was shifting through my cd's and I found Bullet in a Bible. When my friend had given it to me for a birthday present a few years back I didn't know what it was. I was a dumb ass and didn't know it was a dvd/live thing. So I watched it and fell in love with Green Day again. However much I like other bands, I'll always remember the amazing Green Day.
Green Day Hero
Idiot
Green Day Hero
October 22nd, 2008 at 10:38am
Above:

Wtf?

That kid doesn't like Green Day?

what the hell?

Why would they be on here?

They better not be talking about GD when they said "Because they suck. no questions asked."

Very disrespectful.

ha.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
February 16th, 2010 at 10:00am
Okay, this is going to be very painful for me to type. I have never admitted this, not even in my own head as of yet. however, I have to get it out because I know it's the truth. previously I said that NO other band has ever compelled me to want to know every single thing about their music and the members. well, at the time it was true. I used to think The Beatles were overrated because I hadn't really listened to them outside of "Yellow Submarine" or covers of their songs from Across the Universe. neither of my parents are Beatles fans, so I didn't get to grow up with them or anything. but then I saw a documentary on them in History of Rock n Roll and was intrigued enough to look them up on youtube. and ofcourse I started to love their music, which led me to look up interviews of the band (if I don't respect the members as people, I can't completely love the music that they make, because it feels like a sham afterwards). however, I started to like them as people too. but I didn't realize that it was any threat to my love of Green Day until I watched A Hard Day's Night and fell completely in love with The Beatles. and especially George Harrison. I absolutely have to learn everything I can about them. I've read two biographies since then (one on John Lennon, and another on The Beatles). I've been listening to little else other than The Beatles. I have 8 Beatles albums so far and have memorized almost all of the songs. I have almost as many Beatles albums as I do Green Day albums. It's gotten very serious indeed. however, I rest easier knowing that The Beatles helped influence Green Day. I have not however, for the record, lost interest in Green Day. I still love them. so, The Beatles and Green Day are tied for first place in my heart. never thought a day like this would come. but here I am.
Goodbye
Goodbye

Blog
February 16th, 2010 at 10:44am
Sometimes i'll say to myself "Should i just give up on Green Day?" I mean i heard all of my five albums i got from them and my dad's other two albums, i went to their concert over the summer last year, and sometimes i will swear only because of them (I don't swear all the time...) ..... But then i realize how far they have brought me, and how much they mean to me.... They got me out of sadness and anger.... It's those times that's really hard for me to decide "Should i just quit listening to their music or not?'" There will be times that people lost interest in Green Day but it's that question that sometimes stumbles people.... But is it really worth it to quit listening to Green Day? Because i don't ever will stop listening to them ever!!!
Your Worst Nightmare
Idiot
Your Worst Nightmare

Blog
February 16th, 2010 at 11:05am
Not yet.
Spoonful of Jimmy
Spoonful of Jimmy
February 16th, 2010 at 12:16pm
A little bit. I started siding with The Killers a little while back. I actually agree with Brandon Flowers when he said American Idiot doesn't mean the same thing to Europeans as it does the Americans. (Bullet In A Bible)
But without Green Day, I have no inspiration for my art. No wonder my art was shit before I became obsessed with Green Day..

The actual reason I became obsessed with Green Day just came from this one comment I made after hearing about winning Green Day concert tickets on the radio.
"Oh I like Green Day. I wish I could go to a concert."
And then my mom got me tickets for my birthday.
Well, shit. I don't know much about Green Day, I think I'll listen to some more of their music. Oh, hey, I really like this, I think I'll listen to it over and over again. I think I should learn more about the band members. Oh hey, Billie Joe is really hot. I think I'll obsess over him. Yeah I don't care if He's the same age as my friend's dad. Whatever, I still love him. Oh hey look, I can make the best art I've ever made in my life when I listen to their music and involve it in the piece.

That's pretty much how it went. haha...
Lykkepillen
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lykkepillen
February 16th, 2010 at 01:24pm
Yeah, this summer. My friend got really obsessed with MCR, and she was all like "Woo, you AHVE to listen to this! They're awesome!" So I started to only listen to MCR for a while.. it's over now though Razz I still listen to MCR, but not that much.

And I kinda rediscovered Green Day after that, so now I love them more than ever Very Happy
i quit GSB.
Geek
i quit GSB.
February 16th, 2010 at 06:40pm
Welllll... here's how it went for me: my best friend won Green Day tickets through a radio contest over the summer, and since she had an extra ticket, she asked me if I could go. I said okay, even though I hadn't listened to them in a super long time, and the only songs I remembered were Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Good Riddance. So, I found my Green Day CDs (That the friend who took me to the concert actually gave to me a few years back, but that's another story) and started listening to them, and I became obsessed. I went to the store and got all their other CDs that I didn't have and listened to them constantly. But the thing is, she told me about the concert about a week before the concert happened, so I only knew a few of their songs when I actually went to the concert. The concert, I think, is what made me really obsessed, though. After that, I couldn't go an hour without listening to them. It was actually like that for a really long time, up until a few weeks ago when I started listening to other bands besides Green Day more often, and now I finally think my Green Day obsession is dying down. They'll always be my favorite band, I'm just not as obsessed as I used to be.
ST.BUNNY
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ST.BUNNY
February 17th, 2010 at 01:07am
no never

but

up and down

but

never lost

but

now.... uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp crazy!!!
Viva La Green Day!
Jackass
Viva La Green Day!
February 17th, 2010 at 06:56am
I have been listening to just green day on my iPod for the past 3/4 of a year now. Before 21st cb I had no interest in music at all, I didn't even think about green day once, hell I was into all that shit they play on the radio now! I feel like slapping myself sometimes!
Then one day my friend lent me some CDs, no green day but I decided I liked her music. Then I was walking with her and she started to ask if I'd heard of green day, I said vaugley and she then proceeded to talk about them, I had never seen her so passionate about anything so I borrowed nimrod and American idiot and it was like waking from a coma. At first they were just another band, then I bought 21 cb and gradually the rest of the CDs and BANG I was hooked.
I have been hooked ever since and I'm not sure if it is possible for me to lose interest. They introduced me to the few other good bands of the world and I know too much about the band to stop now. They have inspired me in every aspect of my life. So in a nutshell...

No I have not lost interest Smile
Register