What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
November 26th, 2006 at 12:32am
Can't say I'm punk.

But most importantly, Green Day have given me a reason to smile. To be me. And I thank that there are such things as heroes.. expecially to teenagers.
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
November 26th, 2006 at 12:35am
But more specifically, they've inspired a lot on me.

I guess I'm an artist and seeing as I listen to music while I draw or paint or whatever and GD takes up 80 - 90% to what I listen to.. Yeah, whenever I need inspiration or aspiration I can have them in mind.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
November 27th, 2006 at 08:01pm
Being punk has done nothing for me since I'm not one.
Listening to Green Day, dubble-edged sword that one is.
Billie_Mike_And_Tre_4ever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Billie_Mike_And_Tre_4ever
November 27th, 2006 at 08:16pm
Well, They saved my life...
I was in a bad position as far back as I can remember,
I was a misfit and never understood why I could'nt just be like everybody else It got so bad that I was going to kill myself, I felt worthless and all I ever did was critisize other ppl with no real reason just to make myself feel better. At that time I'd gone into this really bad depression and that was about the time I heard Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Somthing about that song made me quit And for the first time in my life I felt like I was'nt alone. I bought every Green Day album ever released (including BIAB) and I have'nt been happier in my entire life!
Br@+
Br@+

Blog
November 29th, 2006 at 12:49am
I wouldn't exactly say they made me punk. But i suppose they did. I mean; i used to be this...prep but then i wasn't exactly; i was just trying to fit in. But when i heard green day i was all 'Well, wtf am i doing? I'm just being someone else. I should be myself,' So yea, i dressed the way i wanted and yep. Life has been good.
If i kept listening to the 'hip-hop' or w.e stuff i used to listen to, i don't think i would EVER be playing bass right now. Deffanitly helped me be musical.
Yvonne.
Falling In Love With The Board
Yvonne.
November 29th, 2006 at 11:21am
Not punk.

And they haven't done anything for me in particulair.
Sometimes they make me smile. :]
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
November 29th, 2006 at 02:47pm
Hmm, well I wouldn't really consider myself punk or anything....
But they have done a lot for me. I've been a fan since I was 6 years old. So I've basically idolized them for a very long time.
Were it not for them, I probably would've never taken up playing bass, I wouldn't have ever joined this site, I wouldn't have met the wonderful people I have met because I am a Green Day fan and I most certainly wouldn't have known the closest friends to me today.
Had I not become a Green Day fan, I would still likely be at mum's also (that's a bit harder to explain, but quite true.)
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 29th, 2006 at 04:27pm
well...if it wasn't for Green Day...

I wouldn't have my girl.

I owe them baaad.

Blog
November 29th, 2006 at 05:27pm
I'm not a punk and I don't really want to be.
But about Green Day...they've totally changed my music taste and gotten me into drumming.
I dunno if it's the music or maybe just me, but I've also gone into the mode where I just don't try to fit in anymore.
Thanks to them and a few other bands, I've probably wasted days of my life trying to keep all the magazine clippings and posters up. xD
~I ~LOVE~ TRE~2593
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~I ~LOVE~ TRE~2593
November 30th, 2006 at 09:46pm
ok umm i wouldnt conseder my self punk emo or any thing actually me and my friends are outcasts and dont really fit in anywere we are bascially just there and green day has done alot for me its got me through so many times like when my parents are fighting i just go in my room lock the door and listen to green day and drown my parents out
jimi's_reincarnation
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jimi's_reincarnation
November 30th, 2006 at 09:53pm
saved my life
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
December 1st, 2006 at 01:59pm
animated my dull life.
Ridele
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Ridele

Mibba
December 1st, 2006 at 02:08pm
made me believe that no one else could ever top the Milton Keynes gig ever.
PunkRockerX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PunkRockerX
January 18th, 2007 at 01:06pm
Greenday didn't make me into any fing.. Confused
How can it make people into an emo!.. i became an emo with out greendays help.. Very Happy
der jus da bestest band eva, it dont make u into anyfing.. Confused
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
January 18th, 2007 at 02:18pm
...they did alot to me. love them. Cassie
Healthy Body Sick Mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Healthy Body Sick Mind

Mibba
January 18th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Green Day I don't know this all will sound cheesy, but I don't think I would be remotely close to the person I am today if it wasn't for them. They inspired me to do things that I never thought were possible. They were the first band I ever saw at gilman, in an actual concert, the first band I ever saw entirly. If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't be in a band writing songs and playing guitar, heck maybe I would still be in high school, instead of dedicating my life to music. They introduced me to so many differnt bands. They just effect me in so many ways.

As for being "punk" I'm not really into the label thing, but they did help get into understand the culture and what not of it I guess if that makes any sense.
LauraLuvzGreenDay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LauraLuvzGreenDay
January 18th, 2007 at 09:06pm
Listening to Green Day made me realise i didnt have to put up with really bad pop music anymore. I mean, really bad pop music. haha! gone are those days of boring music! But my friends will never understand...yeah they kinda hate Green Day....do they know nothing about good music?! Guitar
aderahsia
Geek
aderahsia
January 19th, 2007 at 12:43pm
Drained my bank account.
But I never regret it man. Very Happy
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
January 19th, 2007 at 02:46pm
Saved my life. well i probably wouldnt have killed myself or anything without them but thats only cos im strong willed anyway.. but they also saved me from all the amazingly boring music we had in britain at the time Pray and for that i thank them muchly Very Happy
xXAmagadXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXAmagadXx
January 20th, 2007 at 06:51am
green day aint punk.
Register