What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
January 20th, 2007 at 06:18pm
xXAmagadXx:
green day aint punk.

nice grammar.
billielover_
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billielover_
January 20th, 2007 at 06:58pm
greenday has done alot for me. not to me. they've helped me through alot of stuff.
and their music and lyrics is amazing.
=]
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
January 20th, 2007 at 07:52pm
green day have tought me to be myself and gd is real music and they sing/say what they think.
Green Day Potato
Geek
Green Day Potato
January 20th, 2007 at 11:12pm
they opened the door for me to different music.
i had already had a guitar, but they made me actually learn to play.
they made me wear too much eyeliner.
i learned how to express myself in different ways.
their music picks me up when i'm down.
if my mom's mad at me i just play one of their songs with a bunch of cuss words and she gets more pissed off.
they taught me not to give in to conformity and to have my own opinions.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
January 21st, 2007 at 09:38am
I don't believe they changed me.
I was already into music because of my older brother, and I just grew up around it with my parents as well.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
January 21st, 2007 at 09:55am
xXAmagadXx:
green day aint punk.

Yes they are. Cassie
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 10:56am
but im not punk Finger
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
January 29th, 2007 at 07:36pm
I'm not punk. I listen to Green Day because, their my escape. If I ever get sad or angry at the world, I always find myself listening to them, and feeling better
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
January 29th, 2007 at 07:37pm
I guess I'm a little punk but not in the wear too much make up kind of way. Punk is all about attitude.
The Evil Alchemist
Geek
The Evil Alchemist
January 30th, 2007 at 05:10pm
Green Day has made me realize that it's not about what others think of you, it's what you think of yourself. Green Day has also introduced me to more bands like the Ramones, The Clash and shit like that. They've also made my life much much much happier.
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
January 31st, 2007 at 04:31pm
I'm not punk. I have no confidence and am nowhere near loud enough to be punk.
Listening to Green Day has done quite a bit for me:
- When I feel like crap I put some Green Day on and within a matter of moments I feel happier.
- When I am stressed over something they make me feel better.
- If I really don't want to do/face something - they inspire me to not give a shit and do it!
so yeah.. Green Day help me live my everyday life really. I am a stronger person when I have them behind me.

Meh, I sound soo sad!
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
January 31st, 2007 at 07:21pm
I'm really not punk at all, I happen to listen to the music but that's about it. What Green Day have done for me is that they really got me into punk and rock music in general. I liked rock before, but I was always like on the edge of pop and rock and I listened to hilary duff just as much as I listened to Linkin Park. They made me realise going to gigs is one of the best things in life, even though nothing beats their show. Very Happy They've helped me through some rough times, when I'm sad I listen to Green Day and feel better, when I'm angry I listen to Green Day and feel better, when I'm upset I listen to Green Day and feel better. Listening to them just makes some things easier for me. And Green Day taught me it's okay to be different and to just not give a fuck about what everybody else thinks about you. In that perspective, Green Day's given me a lot of confidence. I am still a shy girl, because that's just me, but I'm not the girl who never speaks or stands up for herself like I used to be.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
January 31st, 2007 at 10:19pm
TragicCaseofMyReality:
xXAmagadXx:
green day aint punk.

nice grammar.
Please don't tell me that you are only saying that because it'll make you a "true punk".
Nice grammar, terrible truth.
By the way, they are.
Get over yourself.
Billieonster
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Billieonster
February 1st, 2007 at 07:06pm
It tought me to be an individual
that i donmt have to follow the crowd and
it gave me courage to stand up to the Bullies
l10895
Geek
l10895
February 3rd, 2007 at 10:42am
Green day has introduced a whole new world of music. With out them, i would probably be listening to hip hop like the rest of the robots at my school. Sad

Hail green day Hail
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
February 3rd, 2007 at 07:19pm
Without Green Day, I would most likely be a prep/robot. I wouldn't be an individual. Green Day has shown me that being yourself is fine, dammit, fuck everyone else who thinks you have a problem. I've also gotten into WAY better music thanks to them. My hardest times have been made better just by listening to their music. I love them. They are my heros.
I'm A Fruity Pirate!
Geek
I'm A Fruity Pirate!

Blog
February 3rd, 2007 at 08:19pm
What's becoming a fan done for me?
o-o
Uh... I was born a fan, so, not much really. When your parents are bigger fans then you, it says something. And punk music is just my way of life. I listen to it when i'm sad or happy or just ready to kill someone.
Tyler Durden
Jackass
Tyler Durden

Blog
February 3rd, 2007 at 09:21pm
Green Day and Punk in itself has taught me about myself. where i live, there's not a whole lot of punks, so i attract alot of attention. but Being a Green Day fan, and a Punk to boot, has taught me not to give a shit. i don't f***in' care what anyone thinks, i don't care if i attract attention in my ties and eye makeup, I'm being me, and if they can't accept that then..

F*** THEM!!! -flips them off -
ha ha you're dead_27
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ha ha you're dead_27
February 4th, 2007 at 08:20pm
wow... if it weren't for green day i don't even know where i'd be right now. being a fan has helped me become less judgemental, helped me become alot more aware of everyone around me and not just myself. being punk and loving green day has done... so much it's not even funny. it's made me feel more secure being myself then i was and i'm so much a better person as a green day fan then i'd be without them.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2007 at 05:42am
I'm not punk. But Green Day actually showed me what punk is. Because I was a clueless idiot in 2004. They helped me, along with Evanescence, get back into music. I hadn't been passionate about any song since I stopped listening to my Britney Spears albums (I got bored of them). And these 3 weirdos helped me back in. I had no idea that "Green Day" even existed before 2004. I didn't care.

Then I heard AI and suddenly, I did care. Suddenly, three strangers meant the world to me. They inspired me a lot. Billie Joe's lyrics inspired me a lot, and they inspired me to try and learn guitar (second month of lessons!) and they inspired me to try and sing again. And this time, I didn't give up. I cried the first time I listened to JOS.

So I'm not exactly sure what Green Day did for me. But whatever it was, I appreciate it.
Register