What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
February 7th, 2007 at 09:55am
I wouldnt call myself punk.
Basically, I got into them when I was 12, when a teacher played 'Basket Case'. I didnt understand the meaning back then, but as I got older and went through puberty, the message in all their songs and albums helped me shape myself and the things going on around me, every song has a memory attached to it.
I could relate, and I still can- I have days where Im as crazy as Tre, melancholy and creative as Billie Joe and sensible and adult like Mike.
But personally, A.I made me unafraid. After listening to them in interviews and hearing what they said about having a voice, they helped me find mine. Im now saying what I think and feel, dressing how I want- just being me.

What Im trying to say (really badly, may I add) they helped me out in numerous ways, and Im greatful.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
February 8th, 2007 at 11:30am
I'm not punk. Green day aren't punk. I think we've established that by now. However, green day opened my music taste & introduced me into punk bands & a load of other brilliant bands.

I've always been myself.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 12:34pm
onethousandsmoothed:
Green Day and Punk in itself has taught me about myself. where i live, there's not a whole lot of punks, so i attract alot of attention. but Being a Green Day fan, and a Punk to boot, has taught me not to give a shit. i don't f***in' care what anyone thinks, i don't care if i attract attention in my ties and eye makeup, I'm being me, and if they can't accept that then..

F*** THEM!!! -flips them off -
Why are you so troubled?
Princess of Punk
King For A Couple Of Days
Princess of Punk
February 12th, 2007 at 10:49pm
well let me first say.
that green day has given me something to live for.
they helped me get thru my pain.
the song that got me thinking positive was wake me up when september ends.
i just love the atmosfere when i litsen to that song.
and for being a punk.
they told me not to take any stuff.
i can relate to all of the bandmembers.
billie:i've had bad things happen to me.
mike:i can think like i know what i'm talking about.
tre:i'm funny,crazy.
Cool
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 13th, 2007 at 09:43am
The Offspring really got me into pop punk for the time being thanks to my friend. This was when I was like nine or ten. And then I started exploring different bands and found Green Day. They're the punk band I have been listening to the longest. Conciously listenning to. My dad used to play David Bowie and the Clash to me when I was really young.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 11:08pm
tbh since I started listening to Green Day my grades have nosedived. Cheese
But that won't keep me from listening to them.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
April 18th, 2007 at 05:25am
Green Day made me realize that I needed to let everyone know I already didn't care for George Bush before American Idiot came out. Thank you. Mr. Green

Seriously, read Amnesty International and stuff. Stay informed.
spam
Jackass
spam
April 18th, 2007 at 11:33am
Green Day haven't really 'done' anything for me. I just like the music, I guess if I had to say something hmmmmm it would probably be to not care what people think Very Happy
billiejoelover...x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billiejoelover...x
April 18th, 2007 at 11:59am
greenday saved my life

THATS Y I WORSHIP THEM!!!
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
April 21st, 2007 at 10:33am
Green Day have.....

-Well, Billie got me into wearing eyeliner.
-Made me find myself.
-They've made me who I am.
-They've taught me to be myself.
-They've proved to me that George Bush is an asshole.
-They've got me into soooooo many other punk/rock bands.
-They've inspired me to write my own music.
-They've taught me how to live life how you want to live it.
-They've shown me that everyone has bad days.
-Now I like Green Day, I'm often called an emo by the music I like, the clothes I wear, the eye make-up...but thanks to them...I really couldn't care.
-They've made me find my true passion.........MUSIC.
Violet SKY.
Geek
Violet SKY.
April 24th, 2007 at 05:04pm
made me think positive when i was down and not to give a fuck what people thought/said about me
but hasn't made me punk (?) :/
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 06:08pm
music in general has made me a less nieve and Green Day practically introduced me to musicVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 09:23pm
First and foremost; these three men are my heros. I do not use that term lightly. The amount of how much they've helped me through this bullshit reality is infinite. By listening to every word and every note I've begun to understand this world, to find my place. They helped me find the light as I fumbled through the dark. If not for them, I would not have the mindset I do now. It's not just their music, either. It's them as people. Their personalities are all so rich and they're such great people. They introduced me to a world of great music and and made me realize to live my life to the fullest and just be myself and to enjoy my youth. I could care less what you think of them or have to say about them. I am at a loss for words; I really don't know how to convey how much I love this band.

(shamelessly copied from my profile.)
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
April 26th, 2007 at 09:32pm
they taught me to be an indivisiual and 'STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!'
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 26th, 2007 at 11:47pm
billiejoelover...x:
greenday saved my life

THATS Y I WORSHIP THEM!!!

If you don't mind elaborating, how did they save your life?
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
April 27th, 2007 at 12:28pm
I'm a punk and I guess Green Day does play a huge part in it, both being punk and being a gan of GD has done alot of things for me.

Punk- Punk has told me that I can be myself and still be into lots of things other people are, its told me alot on how to express myself other than locking my bedroom door. Green Day is like punk, they go well with alot of things and you don't get sick of hearing of them.
claireandtre
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
claireandtre
April 27th, 2007 at 07:56pm
GREENDAY HAS MADE ME PUNKIER AND I HAVE ALOT MORE FRIENDS THAT LIKE CHATTING ABOUT GREENDAY.
define_normal
Banned
define_normal

Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 08:49pm
I not punk or anything. I am more punk and more emo than I used to me, though. Green Day has helped me become more outgoing and has helped me with hard times at home. I don't agree with everything Green Day says. But you don't have to be totally like a person to admire them. I don't think Green Day would want their fans to believe everything they say unquestioningly. After all, isn't that what their all about? Not following celebs, icons, and world leaders blindly, but doing your own research and forming your own opinion.

Second, they got me into real music. Before I would just listen to the music my friends did and was popular at the time. Green Day helped me break away and opened up a whole world of music instead of just the pop and hip hop on top of the charts. Actually, having my own tastes and not going along with everyone else has made me more popular than I was when I just trying so hard to fit in. They also got me into singing and making me work harder at everything I do.

I mean they are seriously my heros:

lindemann
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
lindemann
April 28th, 2007 at 11:07am
Green Day helped me listen to punk-rock bands.I discovered new punk bands.Green Day is awesome,what can I say Hail Pray
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
May 1st, 2007 at 09:40pm
um
they're cool, ya know
I liked theyre music and....yeah....
so, ya know....
I was all like, fuck and

ok...i really dont know what i'm saying here lmfao lmfao
they just got me more into the whole pop-punk culture rather than my whole little undergroung world. if that makes any sense
well. they tought me to like the music, whether they are mainstream or not. Now days, i dont really care. if it;s good i'll listen....every one else that doesnt like a band because they sold out, are just idiots...
Register