What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
freedumb
Idiot
freedumb
November 21st, 2006 at 10:28pm
Chaotic:
Green Day tought me to have my own personal tastes. Instead of liking what everyone else likes. I have them to thank for that.

And I'm not punk. Nowhere near it, either. Retard

EDIT: They also exposed me to lots of new bands and types of music I never new existed.

And GSB. OMGyes

yeah me too..
Michake
Geek
Michake
November 21st, 2006 at 10:50pm
Steelroots Revolution:
Green Day is my favorite band, but ever since I became obsessed, my life as been horrible. I have become depressed and lazy. But Green Day has done some good for me. I don't care so much about what people think of me anymore(little but not as much). I'm myself more. And they also made me want to in band(but that's not going to happen). An as for the punk thing. Well, before I liked Green Day I was trying to be punk, but that didn't work out as well as I thought. Since then I've stopped trying. I'm still dressing the same, but I'm not trying so hard. People have started calling punk too. I haven't decided whether I like being called that or not. 'Cause I hate labels. But I do feel special being called punk. Even though that's not the whole point of it.

that is me EXACTLY, i hate labels too but i know i use them so yeah
will work for tacos
Geek
will work for tacos
November 21st, 2006 at 11:19pm
the patient [WEMO]:
Chaotic:
Green Day tought me to have my own personal tastes. Instead of liking what everyone else likes. I have them to thank for that.

And I'm not punk. Nowhere near it, either. Retard

EDIT: They also exposed me to lots of new bands and types of music I never new existed.

And GSB. OMGyes

yeah me too..

exactly
Santa Billie
Falling In Love With The Board
Santa Billie
November 21st, 2006 at 11:34pm
Green Day and punk have done soo much for me.

I used to listen to...well let's just say, music with no talent.

Then I got into Green Day...and they changed everything.

I didn't like The Clash until I liked Green Day, and now they're one of
my favorite bands.

Green Day exposed me to punk rock music, to the attitude, to the lifestyle, to it all...

And in a way, I've shaped my personality around that. Now, if someone
says something mean about me, I can shake it off. If you're really punk,
you're not going to care.
GreenDayCookieFairy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GreenDayCookieFairy

Mibba Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 11:58pm
Green Day got me out of that stupid preppy world I was "supposed" to like. They taught me to stand up for myself and to fight and to be part of the minority.

Yeah, I know it kinda sounds corny
x-Billie and Adie-x
Geek
x-Billie and Adie-x
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:34pm
billie influenced me to play my guitar again after i gave up.they also helped one of my friends when someone close to her died cuz she felt that she could relate to the lyrics (wmuwse in perticular) and cuz of that ill always be truely gratefull
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:50pm
Tre influenced me to start playing the drums. I was convinced that Tre was gonna be our drum teacher. But it wasn't. I was sad. =(
Anyway, yeah, Green day also introduced me to about 20 other bands. And since listning to them I developed a style and i have ambitions to be in a successful punk/rock band. Headbang
TO BE DELETED
Geek
TO BE DELETED

Mibba
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:58pm
They help me feel so much better when I'm down, and Mike made me want to play bass. They inspired me to make my best friend help me start a band, actually.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
November 23rd, 2006 at 01:05pm
I made Billie Joe my idol guitar player, since I liked their music stile I met more punk bands and inspired me to play their songs, although I'm not in a band I'm looking for people who want to start one
beans
Geek
beans
November 23rd, 2006 at 01:07pm
it mase me a wimp hehe, but made me meet knew people and it made me play guitar
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
November 23rd, 2006 at 02:24pm
uhm.. they make me happy Very Happy
and they made me realise what is going on in this world and you should just be yourself and you shouldn't worry about what ppl say!
and I dunno.. It's almost like I know myself better since I've been listening to them Surprised
[Your Best Mistake]
Idiot
[Your Best Mistake]
November 23rd, 2006 at 02:27pm
Helped through the most difficult periods of my life. But also made me want to give up again. In short- Made me happy, then made me worse.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
November 23rd, 2006 at 07:47pm
They started me writitng and playing the geetar.
Wheee Cool
Lee
Idiot
Lee

Mibba
November 23rd, 2006 at 08:30pm
Not one damn thing.
I love Green Day more than anyone could, don't quote that either...bastards....
And I'm not a fucking punk. Punk's not even a style. It's nothing, IMO. If any of you try to start an argument with me from this post, you're a dumbass.
my1falselove
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
my1falselove
November 23rd, 2006 at 09:06pm
im a dumbass
And She Was....
Geek
And She Was....
November 23rd, 2006 at 09:42pm
they havnt really done nething. i jus listen to them and have been my fav band since i was 7. but yea nothing.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
November 23rd, 2006 at 09:43pm
In the few moments after I found out that my aunt died of cancer, Good Riddance happened to beon the radio. I had loved the song before, but it had never hit home so hard. When I listened to it, it made me realize what a good life she had. The first thing i did after that, was play it on the guitar. It was sort of like a dedication. It makes me feel better to know that she's in a better place, and Good Riddance reminds me of that.
punk_out_cast
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
punk_out_cast
November 23rd, 2006 at 10:04pm
I donno....got me in alot of trouble....eh......I LOVE THEM AND I FIND THEIR SONGS RELEIVING TO ANY MOOD AND THEY PUT ME IN WORDS! *coughs* That's all.
Fox
King For A Couple Of Days
Fox
November 23rd, 2006 at 10:05pm
Taught me new ways how to curse and made music simple enough for a beginner like myself to play and feel a bit more motivated.
anaiid..
Geek
anaiid..
November 23rd, 2006 at 10:09pm
they did change me... I used to be... ummm how do you call them??.. Laughing preppy trk

right now I try to be myself and their music helped me to realize that it's the best Fizz ,you know to not care about what the others think about you... as long as you're happy Ahbrow

....*starts crying* STFU
Register