What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
Sunsh!ne.
Geek
Sunsh!ne.
November 18th, 2006 at 10:08am
Boobmeister:
I'm so punk it's unbelievable, yo Cool

-_-

Green Day have made me happier, and maybe a bit more sarcastic Shifty

lol...me too.
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
November 18th, 2006 at 10:35am
I'm not really punk, but I listen to punk music (or rock music).
It taught me to be myself. I have now the courage to tell everyone which music I like, and I don't give a fuck what they think about that.. Smile
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
November 18th, 2006 at 08:42pm
they got me punk and let me see my true self. i thank them for that.
Kid_Gates
Geek
Kid_Gates
November 18th, 2006 at 08:56pm
They inspired me to play music. Smile They still do.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
November 18th, 2006 at 10:04pm
Green Day introduced me to My Chemical Romance Very Happy

And we all know how that worked out.
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
November 18th, 2006 at 10:09pm
They inspired me to dress punk. I get made fun of at school every day but who gives a shit! Also becaue of them I play kick ass guitar. I fucking hate that prep music!!
cHeEr_uP_sExY_eMo_kId
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
cHeEr_uP_sExY_eMo_kId
November 18th, 2006 at 10:16pm
they have done nothing for me. well im prep.
ha you guys must hate me but i love emo/punk rocker kids.
they are sexy.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
November 18th, 2006 at 10:25pm
I grew up on Green Day. They were and still are a huge part of my life. When I was going through some hard times with my parents, I would listen to Green Day. When I felt like shit, I would listen to Green Day. They got me into all the other music I listen to. They were like a third parent to me and they taught me how to be an individual. I started playing guitar because I wanted to be able to play along with my Green Day CD's. I am truly thankful that I had them to listen to growing up.
Vegemite
Geek
Vegemite

Blog
November 18th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Well... Green Day are really important to me i guess..... i could always look up to their music as a sense of relief at horrible points of my life, it made me less nervous around others. It always encouraged other bands like the Ramones and misfits.

But punk, that word, ive never called myself that, its something others always call me, tough tits.

But Ive been to Green Day concerts, and i love saying it, but that day (december the 17th) was the best, and is the best day of my life, always will be.

And plus, because of Billie Joe, i play guitar, and i love it, and i cant thank them enough!
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
November 18th, 2006 at 10:30pm
Being punk is more of a lifestyle to me. It's not about the way you dress, or the music you listen to, it's about doing things the way you want to and making sure that you live your life your way. Punk music has definetly made me think about the issues going on in our world, it also made me realized that I am my own person, and it's ok not to be like everyone else. I think that people are too hung up on labels... Who's punk? Who's not? Who's a fake? Who's for real? Who's an emo? Who's a prep? If we stopped thinking about silly things like those and truly started to treat people like humans, alot of conflict in the world would be solved. All in all, punk is liberating. It makes you think. It makes you wake up, and feel what is really going on around you. That is why I love punk music and attitude.
Michake
Geek
Michake
November 18th, 2006 at 10:31pm
showed me its ok to be different, now im proud to be different. i love being punk, im much happier this way.
Protest the Hero.
Falling In Love With The Board
Protest the Hero.
November 18th, 2006 at 10:46pm
,:
green day completely changed my musical taste.

i went from listening to pop stations to liking the clash, the ramones, the sex pistols, operation ivy, the network, the living end, the phenomenauts, elvis costello, flogging molly, nirvana, ect.

And i threw away my poppy pink elementary school clothes and started wearing ripped jeans and lots of black. 9 Green Day shirts. 2 Green Day jackets, one Adeline jacket.

And, I started listening to Live 105, a Bay Area alternative radio station. This started when I found a Live 105 sticker on my shoe after my first Green Day concert. Listening to this station opened me up to so many more bands.

Green Day made me start learning guitar. I gained new friends, joined new websites, spent more time in Brkeley and Hot Topic. I joined the idiot club, I found out where Billie Joe lives, I met Tre Cool, I go to Mike's Cafe.

And that is how Green Day changed my life.

Lucky.
Chaotic
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chaotic
November 18th, 2006 at 11:19pm
Green Day tought me to have my own personal tastes. Instead of liking what everyone else likes. I have them to thank for that.

And I'm not punk. Nowhere near it, either. Retard

EDIT: They also exposed me to lots of new bands and types of music I never new existed.

And GSB. OMGyes
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
November 18th, 2006 at 11:43pm
They've...made me realise more things that are going on in the world. I've become more sarcastic. Had it not been for them, I wouldn't be listening to The Living End or The Network, or pretty much every band I know except for Linkin Park and Sum 41. A world wothout TLE would be...not good. And I went through a short phase where I didn't care about anything at all. Don't want to go down that road again. But they never made me "punk". I just stoppped wearing pink. Retard

Green Day also got me to join GSB. OMGyes
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 21st, 2006 at 09:01pm
Holy Hell, I'm Liz.:
Green Day made me emo.

Same.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 21st, 2006 at 09:18pm
Green Day is my favorite band, but ever since I became obsessed, my life as been horrible. I have become depressed and lazy. But Green Day has done some good for me. I don't care so much about what people think of me anymore(little but not as much). I'm myself more. And they also made me want to in band(but that's not going to happen). An as for the punk thing. Well, before I liked Green Day I was trying to be punk, but that didn't work out as well as I thought. Since then I've stopped trying. I'm still dressing the same, but I'm not trying so hard. People have started calling punk too. I haven't decided whether I like being called that or not. 'Cause I hate labels. But I do feel special being called punk. Even though that's not the whole point of it.
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 09:22pm
well.
they made me think i was some hardcore little punk.
and then i made an ass out of myself.
but uh yeah!
Spicy Librarian!
Addict
Spicy Librarian!
November 21st, 2006 at 09:28pm
Green Day took me to a whole new world of music and shot me off on my way to becoming that weird punky chinese kid who sits in the back of the room during English. Retard
Lost_Cause_For_A_Catalyst
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lost_Cause_For_A_Catalyst
November 21st, 2006 at 09:49pm
green day has made me punk/emo. because of them i moved out of my house cut alot of my hair off. and dyed it black and red. they also made me more rebelous.
Give 'Em Hell Kid
Geek
Give 'Em Hell Kid
November 21st, 2006 at 10:19pm
They made me have quite a few more fights with the Green Day haters that have seen my MSN address >.<

But that has also taught me to stick up for myself/my beliefs more so it really is a good thing ^_^
Register