What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
June 10th, 2007 at 07:07pm
It's taught me to love rock.
Plus the introduction to more bands.
However, I don't see myself to be punk.
But ever since last year when I started listening to it...
My sister & her friends have been calling me emo.
Whatever.
Green Day has also taught me to "be the minority."
& not care what people think.
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
June 11th, 2007 at 10:55am
Introduced to an entire new style of music; that awesome thing called punk rock....
Taught not to care about what people think.....
Two words: "Question everything."
Taught me to love music...not that I didn't already, but now it's pretty much my life....
There was that one chick in BIAB with the "I play Knowledge" sign....yeah, basically what she said, that's me because of Green Day.
Cr!Xa_Punkrocker!
Geek
Cr!Xa_Punkrocker!
July 10th, 2007 at 04:35am
Be myself..I don't care about what people think of me...
Be against all sistems...
Be the Minority ALWAYS!!!!
guiltfeeder
Geek
guiltfeeder

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 01:42am
Green day made me realize that, this is my life, I'm the one who should control it. I'm not under someone, we control it. Punk.. it just made me.. me!
GreenDayGirl41
Geek
GreenDayGirl41
July 19th, 2007 at 08:05pm
It got me to luv music more and more- and it helped me to be myself and not care what people think of me.... Mr. Green
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
July 20th, 2007 at 05:44am
It's nice to read and hear about what effects Green Day has on people. Con
GSBgirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GSBgirl
July 21st, 2007 at 07:55pm
Green Day has made me so different, in a good way. They introduced me into the world of rock music and all the other genres and bands. They made me happier and more sad (if that makes sense?). They made me care less about what other people think of me and they made different from everyone else. Or as my friends would say "she is a very unique person who marches to the beat of her own drum". So... ya Green Day has done alot for me.
Killslay-Steelclaw
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Killslay-Steelclaw

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 01:11pm
Green Day got me through some of the toughest moments of my life. most recently, i could never have got through the suicide of my friend if it wasn't for Green Day. we sang Good Riddance at the wake and she herself loved Green Day. she went to see them at Milton Keynes and they always remind me of the good times we shared.

Green Day have also helped me be myself and to not care what otherssay. "i wanna the minority". so very true. and the leaver cd rom that my friends made, thte song the gave me was minority.

so yeah they have given me so many memories and have helped so much in my life. they are one of my biggest influences, making me pick up my guitar every morning to learn how to play.

i don't know whether i am a punk, i don't really fit into just a couple of labels, i could, depending on the day, go under: punk, goth, freak, greb, metalhead, deathmetaller, outcast, misfit, social reject.( but never emo, i don't care enough and definately never never never scene kid, they digust me). however my personality is probably quite punkish. i basically just don't care. i don't give a flying fuck. i am an anarchist (as it brings natural order) and a satanist. i have no regard for most laws as they are blatantly shit and i will not back down from my point of view.

one of my greatest heros is Sid Vicious and i will defend him against everyone. i suppose being " punk " has gotten me into a number of conflicts, but to be honest i wouldn't have it any other way.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
July 30th, 2007 at 05:44am
I'm sure their music has helped me through some rough times. When I get sad, sometimes I just put in one of their CDs and it does wonders most of the time.
cortni jo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
cortni jo
August 1st, 2007 at 04:05am
well idk if i'd exactly call myself a punk but listening to Green Day has helped me realize that its ok to stand up for what you believe in. and its made me MUCH less shy lol. its also helped me make more friends.. lyk on this sight for example hehe
This.Useless.Heart.
Idiot
This.Useless.Heart.
August 9th, 2007 at 03:21am
hmm....Green Day....COMPLETE ME! lol....wait.... they kind of do in an odd way....ok well not really but sort of....I do think I would be a totally different person if I hadn't got into this band. Plus they helped introduce me to numerous other bands that also helped shape how I am today. So yeah....basically...GREEN DAY RULE MY WORLD SO THERE!! (although sometimes when they need a break MCR take over for a little while and then when they get tired I let Motion City Soundtrack rule.cuz they rule too!)
Tedi Jo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Tedi Jo
August 9th, 2007 at 06:39am
Like for many other people, they're the band that got me into music.
They taught me it's okay to be yourself and to be a little crazy sometimes. And they're giving me courage, now more than ever, to rise above my shy-ness and start fresh at a new place. Smile
As for punk, I wouldn't consider myself one. But the music has definitly made me into a more unique person from the crowd.
Nimrod72593
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Nimrod72593
August 9th, 2007 at 09:15pm
Green Day changed my life. Before I started listening to them I listened to like Britney Spears and crap like that.They inspired me to start playing guitar and helped me discover other bands
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
August 12th, 2007 at 09:27am
hokay. so..
a few years back, 2 1/2 to be exact, i was a teeny little pop girl who liked britney spears and shopped at jetty surf. and one day i saw american idiot on video hits and i thought woah that dude's hot! so i went out and bought american idiot. and international superhits. and dookie. and kerplunk. and warning and shenanigans and insomniac. and green day taught me that its ok 2 be different, and that i have the fucking power! they helped me unleash my talent for songwritin and guitar playing and i owe my life to them!

GREEN DAY=LOVE!!
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
August 14th, 2007 at 12:23pm
okay all the things Green Day have done for me:

- found me new friends
- got me into music
- made me happier
-made me quieter and shyer ( i'm not complaining nooooo way)
- gave me GSB =]
- got me an iPod
- helped me be inspired so much as to play the guitar and write stuff
- made me more motivated in my clarinet because i started to love music so much after listening to them
- they gave me a new world which i felt safe in
- they made me different from everyone else so i felt more confident
- they have kind of changed my life!!

so really I think I have to say thank you to them after all that!!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 02:58pm
They've created a lot of me, and the rest of me was modelled after the part which had already bee created.

They spawned me, if you will. tehe
Brett Anderson
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Brett Anderson
August 15th, 2007 at 03:15am
Green day and general punk rock has been a big inspiration for me to become a songwriter and, overall, to be myself. They've also told me that it's okay to be a loser (it just depends on how good you are at it), and that other people feel the same way as I do. I mean, I was really fed up when this whole fascination about rap and hip-hop started, and they showed me there's a better alternative than that, so, Green Day, if you can read this. I AM VERY THANKFUL OF YOU AND YOUR MUSIC!!! Guitar TLE
Boo Radley
Idiot
Boo Radley

Blog
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:54pm
It's got me into loads of music i probably wouldn't even know existed that has kind of changed my whole outlook on life, so indirectly i think it has:
-Made me more disdainful, cheeky, annoying, sarcastic outgoing.
-Over the course of a couple of years changed my image. I now get sneered at in the streets. Oh the wonders of plaid trousers =]
-Gained me some bad freinds. Contributed to losing said bad freinds.
-Given me a connection in the form of GSB to a lot of people out there very similar to me (reminding me that while i may be pretty original round this neck of the woods there's always going to be someone with the same views as you, or the same problems, or the same sense of humour. Or the same hat.)

and many more.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
September 8th, 2007 at 11:04am
Well green day has made me ... wake up, i mean .. see the real world and it's a great thing you know, cuz a lot of things happened and i'm fine, i'm not affected of everything and actually made me discover myself, and what i like, and who i am. I can also say that i find myself in some songs and gives me a lot of courage to be what i wanna be and do what i wanna do.
Skittles.
Geek
Skittles.

Mibba
September 10th, 2007 at 01:00am
Green Day has made me punk and has shown me not to take shit from anyone, and not to give a good fuck what other people think, and do what the hell I wanna do. I'm also very sarcastic now. Very Happy and I never cussed before I started listening to them. I also was never a pervert until I started liking them XD
And before Green Day, here was the option of music genres in my mind: country music, rap music, and the Backstreet Boys. Shocked Thank God for Green Day.
Register