Disciplining Your Pets

AuthorMessage
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:14pm
lyrical_mess:
For once, I agree with you. You are a jackass. But don't worry, it's not a gene. It's just the behavior that you were taught.

why are you trying to turn a debate into an argument... its not very wise.. but again i wont hold it against you cause thats what you have been taught.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:42pm
Hmmmm Wrongly Hitting Is Bad But...With My Guinea Pig A Quick Tap On The Nose And He Normally Stops.

=]

x
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:51pm
To repeat and clarify what i have said before which no one seemed to get is
animals do not understand that they have done something wrong, so they will not necessarily equate being hit with what they did wrong.
Animals are not that different from humans really, you only have to watch them for a while, to see how like humans they are. particularly dogs and horses (whoever said horses were completely different from dogs have you ever been around them?) If you watch them or interact with them for any length of time you will recognise human-like behavior and intelligence.
Also they feel pain in the same way. how would you like to be hit for something you didnt even know you'd done wrong?
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:58pm
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
For once, I agree with you. You are a jackass. But don't worry, it's not a gene. It's just the behavior that you were taught.

why are you trying to turn a debate into an argument... its not very wise.. but again i wont hold it against you cause thats what you have been taught.

oh hell, don't even go there. I'm done with you.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 23rd, 2007 at 02:25pm
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

god you two cant you just agree to disagree?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 02:35pm
I don't really believe in that.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:00pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
animals do not understand that they have done something wrong, so they will not necessarily equate being hit with what they did wrong.
Animals are not that different from humans really, you only have to watch them for a while, to see how like humans they are. particularly dogs and horses (whoever said horses were completely different from dogs have you ever been around them?) If you watch them or interact with them for any length of time you will recognise human-like behavior and intelligence.
Also they feel pain in the same way. how would you like to be hit for something you didnt even know you'd done wrong?

exactly.. its seeing as thats all they have know you cant tell them off for doing what they normally would if they havnt been trained that thats not the correct behaviour.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:02pm
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

oh good.. i think your just done with this discussion cause you obviously dont have anymore fire power or facts so you are fireing insults,
quite obviously true.. and no need to argue that seeing as your done with me Smile
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:03pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

oh i can
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 03:04pm
lyrical_mess:

no shallow mindedness and stubborn
are you saying you dont agree to dissagree because you dissagree to your argument.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 09:54pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

This is a debate forum, thats what it's for. if they dont want to talk about it anymore, they can just leave the thread. People always freak out when everyone doesnt blindly agree with each other, when debating and discussing was what this forum was meant for.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 12:31am
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

no shallow mindedness and stubborn
are you saying you dont agree to dissagree because you dissagree to your argument.

Why would I disagree with my own argument? If I did, I wouldn't want to back up others who go against your argument. I don't believe in agreeing to disagree. It's like giving up for no reason at all. I think it's kinda dumb, but that's just me.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 12:34am
tyco:
anti-christ of suburbia:

exactly.. its seeing as thats all they have know you cant tell them off for doing what they normally would if they havnt been trained that thats not the correct behaviour.

Okay, we get that they don't know they've done something wrong. They have to be told. After being told and warned more than say 5 or six times, I'd say it would be okay to hit the animal. Not hard. Not with a baseball bat or a frying pan. It's okay to smack it once and say "No!". The equivalent of being slapped by a parent for running around and doing absolutely nothing for a week.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 24th, 2007 at 07:01am
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
anti-christ of suburbia:

Okay, we get that they don't know they've done something wrong. They have to be told. After being told and warned more than say 5 or six times, I'd say it would be okay to hit the animal. Not hard. Not with a baseball bat or a frying pan. It's okay to smack it once and say "No!". The equivalent of being slapped by a parent for running around and doing absolutely nothing for a week.

well i was never hit by my adopted parents and i think hitting children is wrong too but thats a compleatly different argument
there are means and ways of telling them and a hit isnt the right way to go about it??
5 or 6 times come on.. thats just a joke! how long did it take before you learnt to read to right and to be potty trained and to adopt your parents manors?..
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 24th, 2007 at 07:01am
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
anti-christ of suburbia:

well i was never hit by my adopted parents and i think hitting children is wrong too but thats a compleatly different argument
there are means and ways of telling them and a hit isnt the right way to go about it??
5 or 6 times come on.. thats just a joke! how long did it take before you learnt to read to know right from wrong and to be potty trained and to adopt your parents manors?..
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 09:19am
anti-christ of suburbia:
They do understand. If they didn't then no dogs on Earth would ever know what they should and shouldn't do.

And I've never seen a horse scratch it's ear with it's hind leg. They are not different. Their brains are completely different. They think differently and so do we. In the end we are all animals which is a basic similarity, but otherwise, our brains have been completely differently evolved.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 10:14am
Kurtni:
anti-christ of suburbia:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:

This is a debate forum, thats what it's for. if they dont want to talk about it anymore, they can just leave the thread. People always freak out when everyone doesnt blindly agree with each other, when debating and discussing was what this forum was meant for.

no there's a difference between continueing a debate and throwing insults at eachother which is whats happening

I suggest if you don't wish to discuss this anymore then you leave the thread and tyco making comments such as questioning how someone was brought is very rude and shows a lack of maturity so stop it.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 08:14am
I suggest if you don't wish to discuss this anymore then you leave the thread and tyco making comments such as questioning how someone was brought is very rude and shows a lack of maturity so stop it.[/quote]

-----

LOL!
she started it!
sorry, but to tell ya the truth i did try and chill things cause i could see it was getting too far. Mr. Green
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 08:17am
tyco:
LOL!
she started it!
sorry, but to tell ya the truth i did try and chill things cause i could see it was getting too far. Mr. Green
I didn't start telling people off for abusing their pets though. I asked for your opinion, not for your bullying.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 09:09am
Anji:
tyco:
LOL!
she started it!
I didn't start telling people off for abusing their pets though. I asked for your opinion, not for your bullying.

im not talking about you,
and im not bullying.. LOL
yea you asked my opinion and that was it..
(nothing more to add to that cause i dont want this to escalate again!)
Register