US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
October 20th, 2008 at 12:57pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
I love how no one anwsers my question about ACORN.
Bleh. I don't care much about it. Even if Obama actually is involved, I still think he'd be a better candidate than McCain.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
October 20th, 2008 at 08:19pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
So, what do you think about the whole Obama thing with him being in ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now)?

As far as I know, Obama's only involvement with ACORN was getting some kind of motor-voter law passed in like 1992 or something. I don't think he was ever a member.Dno
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 20th, 2008 at 08:26pm
NeoSteph:
anyone see colin powell's interview on how he found the republican tactics of branding obama almost an islamic terrorist disgusting. IThen endorsing obama

I wonder how many in the republican party got drunk the night that came out XD

Yes, I saw it. He's a traitor. I always liked him, but not anymore.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 20th, 2008 at 11:41pm
OMG! I found this and it is hilurious! I promise it isn't offending to either candidate. Infact, if you like Obama you will love this.

Here's some info about the people that made it.
This isn't just normal Linkin Park, here's something by longtime friends Mike Shinoda and Mark Wakefield. No idea when this was made, but since it's about Barack Obama, I'm sure it's not from 1997! Is the first time the both of them have gotten together for a musical track since then? For those of you who don't know, Mark was the singer of Xero back before Chester was in the band. Songs on the 4-track Xero tape include "Reading My Eyes, "Stick N Move", "Fuse", and "Rhinestone". The two of these guys reportedly used to make funny videos like this all the time in high school, and then decided to do this one recently.

Barack Your World
by White Pegacorn

Isn't it great?!?
Addison Dewitt
King For A Couple Of Days
Addison Dewitt

Blog
October 21st, 2008 at 12:58am
^ lmfao

The barbie dolls kind of freaked me out. And towards the middle it looked like the cabbage patch things were having seizures...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2008 at 03:32pm
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 24th, 2008 at 08:48am
Bloodraine:

oh yeah she's definitley a run of the mill hockey mom. What complete morons are the republicans, there's a credit crunch going on and what they didn't think this would get out.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 24th, 2008 at 02:54pm
Thanks, so now I'm a moron. You don't see going around calling Democrats assholes.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 25th, 2008 at 09:31am
Shadow of a Doubt:
Thanks, so now I'm a moron. You don't see going around calling Democrats assholes.

I was calling the republican advisors who were responcible for the faux pas morons. I think that was fairly obvious, unless you're sarah palins personal shopper then feel free to be offended.
Weasil
Weasil
October 25th, 2008 at 08:22pm
Sorry this is so long!
I've remained a quiet reader on this topic for a while now, mostly because I feel that unless I'm talking to someone about a fired subject in person, it's better to just listen to what others have to say. But, since time has run down to mere days before the election, politics have become part of my daily intake to get through the day. And meeting one of the candidates has made everything a lot more personal.
I've been working at an Obama volunteer center for a while. Phone calls, canvassing, being the obnoxious person with a clipboard that asks people if they're voting early/registered/etc. I get volunteer hours, it helps. But it really opens your perspective on what this is all about, it's not what every kid has grown up assuming that "all authority is evil" and to everyone else that it's just "unimportant becase my opinion dosen't count because I can't vote/ I'm not registered/ I'm not from America or a citizen", etc. As people don't realise, politics goes way beyond the personality or background of the elected candidate, and what really matters is not what they believe, but what they plan on doing for what's left of the US, and more importantly, the world. And speaking to Michelle Obama and meeting both of them on Tuesday was more than exciting.
Both my parents are political polar opposites, and they're extremely into what they believe. My dad considers himself completely liberal, my mom a conservative, so I've heard both sides. But I remember once asking my mother why she was a conservative. Obviously not a social conservative, as she's okay with gay marriage, and "tolerant" with roe v. wade in cases of endangerment, rape and incest. And what she said was:
"Liberals love wasting money, and I can't stand the people who live off of social security and take money from everyone."
We didn't talk for two weeks after that. I essentially blew up in her face on how that was the most selfish reason I have ever heard of for being for a different party.
The RICH losing some of their money to give to the POOR? I've had people on the streets scream at me in pure rage for that concept.
When I first went canvassing, which is when people go door to door to ask if you're voting, ( it's a list made of only the people who voted for the same party in the last election. Sending canvassers for a democrat to a republican's door is just wasted time, and vice versa) I thought it was going to be in a regular neighborhood. But we ended up going to Little Haiti, which is essentially the Bronx, but everyone speaks Creole (a mixture of spanish, french, and native african).
In those areas, I met the people whom my mother addressed as the people who "leeched money off of the upper classes". (which is funny, because the middle class has been so thinned out, she's basically referring to a non existent group. we just happen to manage fitting in.). The idea engrained in many conservatives is that it's a bunch of minorities who live off of the fat of the land. Obviously they've never bothered to take a look there, in fear that they might get mugged, or shot or something ignorant and ridiculous.
It's a terrible place. It's not even humbling. I was with two other people, and we stuck out terribly. Not because of our skin color or the way we dressed, but because we weren't outwardly cautious. Nobody would look us in the eye, and most would walk away when we approached. The first few places we went to, were evicted or abandoned. There were more people living on the streets than in the multiple decrepid apartments. But when we did find someone, or if we were able to talk to a group and hand out stickers, everyone accepted us. There was even a woman who called me "sweetie" and gave me a hug when I started crying after she told us why she was so afraid of this election, why everyone was so worried. Putting social security in the joke of a stock market that we have is the worst idea that McCain has proposed since taking Palin under his wing, which I won't touch on because I don't care much for addressing obvious mistakes.
I don't care that McCain is a conservative. I don't care that Obama is a liberal. We need to stop labeling what is blue and what is red, and we need to start forming the blueprint of fixing what has been damaged and forgotten not only the past eight years, but for the past half of a century. When Eisenhower warned of the military-industrial complex, we ignored him, and now war has become a business. Why have we found the need to invade 50 + countries since WWII?
Because we don't make money in times of peace. Boeing and other companies rack in the billions from war aircraft and weapons. And fiscal spending?
Extravagant governmental spending on non-developmental items such as this joke of a war that was "declared" over in 2005 causes 10 billion dollars to be leeched from the pockets of Americans, which can go to more profitable things such as health care, research for the benefit of society, education, and so on.
And tax complaining? Europe's taxes make ours look like something of a laughing stock.
We need to head in a new direction. And the presidental election is not going to solve everything. (Congress is easily overlooked by many.) But dealing with the ideals of those who seem to freeze in the era of the baby boomers, where a middle class was measurable, ceo's weren't making absurd amounts of money with essentially no taxing, and small businesses flourished. It's beautiful, but a far cry from what America is now. We can't spend the way we used to. Look where it got us, to a point where we're throwing 700 billion dollars at our mess.
Obama isn't going to be able solve everything, the damage is titanic, and I would measure him to a god if he were able to do a quarter to half of what he's proposed in just four to eight years (if we're lucky). But the fact that he knows where we need to go is enough to get my support.
Weasil
Weasil
October 25th, 2008 at 09:07pm
Shadow of a Doubt:

Ken Blackwell's accusation on Barack Obama about his supposed connection to ACORN with absolutely no basis in fact is ridiculous.

Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.

ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

The only association to ACORN was this:

Obama And Other Attorneys Represented ACORN In Their Suit Against The State Of Illinois To Force It To Implement The 1993 Motor Voter Law. In 2007, “Representing the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Obama and other attorneys sued the state of Illinois, forcing it to implement federal ‘Motor Voter’ legislation that makes it easier for the poor and minorities to register to vote.”

Blackwell’s attacks against ACORN and other community organizers is a vile viciousness against individuals that should be celebrated for helping people to help themselves, rather than depending on the government.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2008 at 10:40am
Little Britain has put it's money on Obama. And they are the voice of reason!

Kidding but it's still funny. Little Britain, I mean, not Obama.

So, yes, I am all for Obama, even though he nicked a bit of his slogan from Bob the Builder. (Yes we can!). McCain, he's sorta okayish for a Republican but when he brought in the Half-Baked Alaskan (I'm soo awesome with word puns.) that just killed it. Dead. More than dead. More dead than that bear she has in her office.

And I want to ask why do people think that the President is going to die? McCain will die of something or Obama will be shot (bearbearbearbear). It seems a common perception...and a silly one.

But I don't like the whole old/black/woman crap that's getting thrown around. Particularly the old one I object to on the highest grounds because it's pure ageism, a topic clsoe to my hearts.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2008 at 11:19am
Weasil:
Shadow of a Doubt:

Ken Blackwell's accusation on Barack Obama about his supposed connection to ACORN with absolutely no basis in fact is ridiculous.

Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.

ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

The only association to ACORN was this:

Obama And Other Attorneys Represented ACORN In Their Suit Against The State Of Illinois To Force It To Implement The 1993 Motor Voter Law. In 2007, “Representing the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Obama and other attorneys sued the state of Illinois, forcing it to implement federal ‘Motor Voter’ legislation that makes it easier for the poor and minorities to register to vote.”

Blackwell’s attacks against ACORN and other community organizers is a vile viciousness against individuals that should be celebrated for helping people to help themselves, rather than depending on the government.
If I may add to your brilliance..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/13/acorn-mccain-and-gop-used_n_134284.html

Mr. Green
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
October 26th, 2008 at 05:25pm
I'm just gonna say?
If, after this election is over, I ever hear the phrase "Joe the plumber" again I am going to kill somebody.
That is all.
Weasil
Weasil
October 26th, 2008 at 06:00pm
Pattie Boyd:
I'm just gonna say?
If, after this election is over, I ever hear the phrase "Joe the plumber" again I am going to kill somebody.
That is all.
I second that.
Weasil
Weasil
October 26th, 2008 at 06:03pm
Kurtni:

That's nearly as good as Palin's criticizing of Barack's support of invading Pakistan if need be, right after pledging she would do exactly the same thing.

Thank you, "gotcha journalism".
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2008 at 08:30pm
Weasil:
Kurtni:

That's nearly as good as Palin's criticizing of Barack's support of invading Pakistan if need be, right after pledging she would do exactly the same thing.

Thank you, "gotcha journalism".

And almost as good as how McCain accused Obama of making comments with hateful undertones aimed at Sarah Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig," when earlier in the primaries he used the exact same phrase specifically aimed at Hillary Clinton.
Weasil
Weasil
October 26th, 2008 at 08:55pm
Kurtni:

And almost as good as how McCain accused Obama of making comments with hateful undertones aimed at Sarah Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig," when earlier in the primaries he used the exact same phrase specifically aimed at Hillary Clinton.
But you know what beats out everything?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_vice_president_s_job

lmfao
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 27th, 2008 at 09:23am
Weasil:
Pattie Boyd:
I'm just gonna say?
That is all.
I second that.

Third.

I don't even know any plumbers called joe *gasp* you don't think they made him up?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 27th, 2008 at 09:34am
NeoSteph:
Weasil:
Pattie Boyd:
I'm just gonna say?
That is all.
I second that.

Third.

I don't even know any plumbers called joe *gasp* you don't think they made him up?
omgno Politicians don't lie Steph!

http://www.joelaratheplumber.com/

Smiley He's as real as Santa!
Register