US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 13th, 2008 at 03:51pm
Honestly, what you said before sounded worse. Looked to me like you were implying "nice and safe" people voted for McCain, and all the people who weren't "nice and safe" voted for Obama.

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think race isn't an issue in this campaign though. Except the idiots on MSNBC. No (no offense to anyone who watches that station, but seriously!)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 14th, 2008 at 01:41pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
I didn't say everything because I knew it would sound bad. But in my city EVERY black person lives downtown. Not always the worst part of town, but still none of the blacks in my city have a lot of money. And that's a fact, "When compared to other Metro Areas across the United States, the Johnstown metro area can be understood to have a medium-high rate of poverty among the people, accounting a rate of 12.2 percent of people living in a family with an income below the poverty level in 1999. The Black or African American race/ethnicity population category, holds the highest rate of poverty with 34.2 percent of the 2000 population living in poverty". http://www.ecanned.com/PA/2007/01/income-and-poverty-in-johnstown-pa.shtml
Anyway, so it I don't find it surprising that most, if not all, of the downtown area is for Obama.

I don't really see the point behind what you're saying.
That social class and ethinic background often determines how you vote is really nothing new.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
October 14th, 2008 at 11:09pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Kurtni:
Shadow of a Doubt:

It's funny because if go through my neighborhood(one of the niced and the safest) and it's like all McCain signs with only a couple Obama signs here and there. Then you go downtown in the worst neighborhood in the city and every sign is for Obama.
What's your point? Last time I checked your financial capacity or where you lived didn't make your vote count and more or less than if you were lucky enough to live in a nice neighborhood.

I didn't say everything because I knew it would sound bad. But in my city EVERY black person lives downtown. Not always the worst part of town, but still none of the blacks in my city have a lot of money. And that's a fact, "When compared to other Metro Areas across the United States, the Johnstown metro area can be understood to have a medium-high rate of poverty among the people, accounting a rate of 12.2 percent of people living in a family with an income below the poverty level in 1999. The Black or African American race/ethnicity population category, holds the highest rate of poverty with 34.2 percent of the 2000 population living in poverty". http://www.ecanned.com/PA/2007/01/income-and-poverty-in-johnstown-pa.shtml
Anyway, so it I don't find it surprising that most, if not all, of the downtown area is for Obama.
so then the white neighborhood is mostly voting for the white guy, as well. these things go both ways.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 15th, 2008 at 11:56am
In Canada, my housewas located on a corner, and I remember my dad making a deal with the neighbours to all put up a Conservative, Liberal, NDP, and Green Party sign up at each corner on the inter-section just for a laugh. Unfortunately, the othersigns were graffittied, but our house had a Green Party sign up which remained intact for a decent amount of time.
Green for a Day
Idiot
Green for a Day

Mibba
October 15th, 2008 at 02:52pm
i live in the south. and my family thinks Obama is the antichrist. XD can you believe it?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 15th, 2008 at 03:18pm
Green for a Day:
i live in the south. and my family thinks Obama is the antichrist. XD can you believe it?

Yep. Mr. Green
Addison Dewitt
King For A Couple Of Days
Addison Dewitt

Blog
October 15th, 2008 at 04:57pm
Kurtni:
Green for a Day:

Yep. Mr. Green

lmfao If Obama is the antichrist that gives plenty of people I know a significant reason to like him. Coffee I really love the diversity of California.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 15th, 2008 at 05:29pm
Bloodraine:

I don't really see the point behind what you're saying.
That social class and ethinic background often determines how you vote is really nothing new.

Miley Cyrus:
so then the white neighborhood is mostly voting for the white guy, as well. these things go both ways.

I guess I just felt like pointing out the obivous. Rolling Eyes

I don't know. I just felt like talking.

Orvil
Addison Dewitt
King For A Couple Of Days
Addison Dewitt

Blog
October 15th, 2008 at 11:35pm
Did anybody catch the debate? I think it was the last one.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
October 16th, 2008 at 11:57pm
yep, i did. if mccain had interrupted one more time, i might have thrown something at my TV. possibly my cat.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 17th, 2008 at 12:07am
So, what do you think about the whole Obama thing with him being in ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now)?
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
October 17th, 2008 at 04:58am
I know that in Britain, we _love_ obama.
Saw something in the newpaper - a pic of obama stood out side 10 Downing Street, with "We Wish" written underneath it, lmao xD
I like him cos he seems a decent guy - Mccain has never made such a publicised trip here. And that seem to be the sentiments of an awful lot of people here...
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 18th, 2008 at 07:25pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Sarah Palin came to my city yesterday. I couldn't go though because I had to work.
But so many people went that they had to stop letting people in because the arena was too full. I found that surprising because our area seems to be so Liberal. People liked it though.
It's funny because if go through my neighborhood(one of the niced and the safest) and it's like all McCain signs with only a couple Obama signs here and there. Then you go downtown in the worst neighborhood in the city and every sign is for Obama.
well McCain gives the rich people tax cuts so yeah they like him.....
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 18th, 2008 at 07:25pm
I hate when McCain says "my friends" for the last time senator McCain i am not your friend.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 18th, 2008 at 07:34pm
Did anyone else see that at one of McCain's rally this crazy woman up front was asking him a question and she was like "i don't trust obama cause he's Arab" or something and McCain was like, shaking his head and like "he's not an Arab, no" and I was all "oh wow, go McCain for being all disapproving and setting her straight!"

But then he said something like "he's not an Arab, he's a decent citizen" and I was just like "... doh. Sad"
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
October 18th, 2008 at 08:45pm
Boobmeister:
Did anyone else see that at one of McCain's rally this crazy woman up front was asking him a question and she was like "i don't trust obama cause he's Arab" or something and McCain was like, shaking his head and like "he's not an Arab, no" and I was all "oh wow, go McCain for being all disapproving and setting her straight!"

But then he said something like "he's not an Arab, he's a decent citizen" and I was just like "... doh. Sad"
Yes omg I wanted to punch that lady in the face. And then he started staying how Obama wasn't a bad person and whatnot and everybody started booing him. No

I have to give props to McCain though, I think he did the right thing by not like, agreeing with her Coolio
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
October 19th, 2008 at 10:14am
Idk, I don't like McCain too much, I think he's made too much of a deal out of saying how Obama is wrong and stuff

they made a page proving how Obama says one thing and does another, and it's kind of annoying me because it's not like Obama has been doing that to him, and it would just be more "okay" if it was something they were both doing, but it just makes me think better of Barack Obama Con
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 19th, 2008 at 10:29pm
I love how no one anwsers my question about ACORN.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 20th, 2008 at 07:40am
anyone see colin powell's interview on how he found the republican tactics of branding obama almost an islamic terrorist disgusting. IThen endorsing obama

I wonder how many in the republican party got drunk the night that came out XD
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
October 20th, 2008 at 12:49pm
Jello Biafra.:
I have to give props to McCain though, I think he did the right thing by not like, agreeing with her Coolio
Well if he agreed with her it would pretty much be campaign suicide. Everyone would be calling him a racist. And a moron.
Register