Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
TheBeginner
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheBeginner
October 7th, 2007 at 01:19am
[quote="Cobra"
I beg to differ. I think every single person out there thinks in their own way, thus reaching different conclusions.
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.[/quote]

Of course everyone thins in his own way, but you will always find paralles between them, the same schema of problem but with different names and realtionship to the persons and so on

an example: did you know there is one gene responsabilbe for talking? every of us has the same gene , that means that there are rules that are true for every language, i insist that you believe me in that, there is a course on all major universities, that explains languange and how it works,
with this example i want to say
at the end , mostly we have the same reasons for suicide, we are not loved, not accepted, not seen

why we feel like this, yes this differs from one person to an other

every one is unique of course, but everyone seeks for love, for something that makes him happy,
you can not denie it

best to you and to the rest

i enjoy this conversation and change of own opinons...

pls continue

as it is 1 am in europ

good night

TheBeginner
TheBeginner
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheBeginner
October 7th, 2007 at 01:19am
sry , for somekind of a reason i postet twice....
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 06:32am
'One can never feel another's pain.'

I forget who said that. It's so cliched but so true. No matter what, you could have gone through the same ordeal as another person, but you can never feel their pain. You may feel empethatic, but that only means that you understand how they are feeling. You cannot possibly feel their pain, or sorrow, or happiness, or anger, though. Not to confuse empathy with pity, or compassion of course.
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 7th, 2007 at 07:12am
I still hate how this thread is for both suicide and self harm as if they always go hand in hand. It's retarded.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 09:43am
Anji:

I forget who said that. It's so cliched but so true. No matter what, you could have gone through the same ordeal as another person, but you can never feel their pain. You may feel empethatic, but that only means that you understand how they are feeling. You cannot possibly feel their pain, or sorrow, or happiness, or anger, though. Not to confuse empathy with pity, or compassion of course.
I don't agree. You don't even have to go through the same things other people do, but I can feel their pain, especially if its someone you love a lot. You don't have to feel their physical scars to feel their emotional ones. It doesn't have to be only empathy or sadness, but I really think you can feel someone else's pain. Perhaps not in the exact way, but you do feel pain when your loved ones feel them.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 10:50am
Electric Buttsecks!:
Anji:

I don't agree. You don't even have to go through the same things other people do, but I can feel their pain, especially if its someone you love a lot. You don't have to feel their physical scars to feel their emotional ones. It doesn't have to be only empathy or sadness, but I really think you can feel someone else's pain. Perhaps not in the exact way, but you do feel pain when your loved ones feel them.
I believe that that is merely empathy, or maybe compassion. Selfish compassion, because you cannot help them feel better. You said it yourself, 'not in the exact way'. Well, that's what I think.

It's been shown that a kidnapped prisoner who has been isolated for many months does not still feel that way when a new prisoner has been introduced. Though they are in the same situation, the first prisoner actually feels relief and slight joy. It may seem selfish, but it's true that they are joyful to have someone they can talk to, even i the subject brings only misery to them both.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Anji:
Electric Buttsecks!:
Anji:

I believe that that is merely empathy, or maybe compassion. Selfish compassion, because you cannot help them feel better. You said it yourself, 'not in the exact way'. Well, that's what I think.

It's been shown that a kidnapped prisoner who has been isolated for many months does not still feel that way when a new prisoner has been introduced. Though they are in the same situation, the first prisoner actually feels relief and slight joy. It may seem selfish, but it's true that they are joyful to have someone they can talk to, even i the subject brings only misery to them both.
Yes, I guess you are right. But its sad you know. Not being able to feel exactly like your loved one who is hurt. It makes you feel like you cant help them.
TheBeginner
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheBeginner
October 7th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Of course you can not feel like the other one but let me tell you something, if you have gone trough some things of course you can only immagine how is feelig,

i felt death, i know how it is to die for 90% of people....
but i really never was in danger

i now now you will flame me but i am not writing in this board to lie but to share experinces and oponions

a sensitive person is indeed able to fell alomst as the other, but you do not have to feel like the other, i think it is suffiecently that you know that he is not feelign well...

all the best to you

TheBeginner
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 06:43pm
Electric Buttsecks!:
Yes, I guess you are right. But its sad you know. Not being able to feel exactly like your loved one who is hurt. It makes you feel like you cant help them.
Of course it's harsh and terrible and sad, but truth is usually all of the above. To tie it back into the topic, sometimes cutting is a means to try to eleviate or maybe understand some of that pain. Tears and laughter are an indispensable amount, if you believe that. Some people think that the world is too tragic to be happy. I guess they try and make themselves hurt.

It's absurdism, the whole Camus thing, except Camus doesn't have a response to this, which is one thing I hate him for. In the Absurdism of the human existance, we must only accept that we can never understand or make sense of the universe.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
October 10th, 2007 at 08:49pm
Not everyone with suicidal thoughts is just another attention seeker. There are some people with real problems out there,not trying to be in center of everyone's attention. Besides,have you noticed that people who keep telling everyone "My life sucks,I'm gonna kill myself" never actually do it?
People who commit suicide are usually the quiet ones.

Suicide is not the answer though. If anyone is feeling depressed,they should talk to someone about it. It doesn't even have to be a shrink,it can also be a close friend or someone they trust. Talking about your problems might not help solving them,but it does make you feel at least a little better.

Trust me,everything is better than holding all your feelings inside of you and just waiting til you explode.
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
October 10th, 2007 at 10:32pm
drunken butterfly.:
Not everyone with suicidal thoughts is just another attention seeker. There are some people with real problems out there,not trying to be in center of everyone's attention. Besides,have you noticed that people who keep telling everyone "My life sucks,I'm gonna kill myself"[ never actually do it?

Suicide is not the answer though. If anyone is feeling depressed,they should talk to someone about it. It doesn't even have to be a shrink,it can also be a close friend or someone they trust. Talking about your problems might not help solving them,but it does make you feel at least a little better.

Trust me,everything is better than holding all your feelings inside of you and just waiting til you explode.

not always true.. AT ALL!

People who experience suicidal thoughts.. and are serious about them.. ussually toy around with the idea.... saying to others "what would you think if i were dead..." or something along those lines...
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
October 11th, 2007 at 03:36am
drunken butterfly.:
Not everyone with suicidal thoughts is just another attention seeker. There are some people with real problems out there,not trying to be in center of everyone's attention. Besides,have you noticed that people who keep telling everyone "My life sucks,I'm gonna kill myself" never actually do it?

I don't think that's true. Discussing suicide, attempting it, talking about death is one of the signs of suicide.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
October 13th, 2007 at 02:36pm
Opheliac_666:
drunken butterfly.:

I don't think that's true. Discussing suicide, attempting it, talking about death is one of the signs of suicide.

I didn't mean talking about suicide,i meant talking about their problems. Surely they have reasons why they want to commit suicide.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
October 13th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Opheliac_666:
drunken butterfly.:

A big percentage of the people who say that don't have actually any problems,and are just begging for attention.That's why they don't do it.People who have real problems and who want to commit suicide are more quiet and need some help.That's not a rule or anything,but that's how they act Dno
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
October 13th, 2007 at 08:09pm
Micro Sheep:
Opheliac_666:
drunken butterfly.:

A big percentage of the people who say that don't have actually any problems,and are just begging for attention.That's why they don't do it.People who have real problems and who want to commit suicide are more quiet and need some help.That's not a rule or anything,but that's how they act Dno

The fact of the matter is.. all suicidal threats.. even just saying "my life sucks.. I'm gonna kill myself.." need to be taken seriously.... tell the police.. or tell their parents.. or the principal at highschool. If it's not a serious threat.. and they are just doing it for attention.. well than they learned their lesson.....
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
October 14th, 2007 at 03:30am
^Well if they are saying that sort of stuff for attention, then that's another problem and probabaly are serious, since they have issues with wanting attention. People do commit suicide for attention.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
October 14th, 2007 at 12:36pm
^ I don't think they do.If they commit suicide for attention,they don't live anymore to see the results of their action so it's pretty pointless to do that if they're not there anymore to get the attention they wanted.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
October 14th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Dno There was this case a couple of years ago when some boy commited suicide. He never mentioned anything about killing himself to anyone,and all his friends said he didn't act like he was depressed or anything. Nobody knew he even had problems. I'm not sure,but I think he did it cause he liked some girl,who didn't like him back or something.

Maybe if he just talked to somebody about his problems,they could help him realize suicide isn't the answer. Dno

Just my opinion.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
October 14th, 2007 at 06:46pm
I've consindered suicide and attempted it numurous times. I used to cut. I dont anymore. I am extremely depressed still thoguh
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 14th, 2007 at 06:50pm
I still think that people kill themselves because of ~love~ only in films, poems and stories. I believe there is a bigger reason behind it.

I did cut once and the reasons was a boy. But I'm not stupid, I would never ever do anything because of some silly boy. I guess I was depressed and him not liking me back just made it worse. And it was the easiest reason to say cause I myself didn't even know why I did it.

Dno
Register