Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
Astra Slappy
King For A Couple Of Days
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 02:00am
XelmoX:
ok i was on a forum recently and there was a poll about suicide and more than half of the ppl that voted have considered it at one stage or another! i really want to hear ppls views on it bcos this was only irish ppl that voted! and maybe irish ppl are just extremely depressed ppl! so let me no wat ur views on it are please!

Well, I've attempted suicide about four times in my life (but I am a diagnosed manic-depressive). Haven't even considered it in the past four years or so, since my medication was adjusted to the right level. And of course I've been in a stable, happy relationship with a great, understanding guy, which helps too.
So yeah, my last suicide attempt was when I was about 19. I was bulimic at the time as well. And life can be crap sometimes. I don't regret it though, because looking back it obviously helped me get to where I am now, got the docs/shrinks etc to help me and now I'm a lot better ... does that make sense?
Revenge_o
Geek
Revenge_o
May 28th, 2005 at 02:36am
i could never hurt myself ... i think... i came close to but then i like remembered the promise i made to myself...
HeatherElectric
Falling In Love With The Board
HeatherElectric
May 28th, 2005 at 03:01am
i have cut myself istill do.ive tried to kill myself due to really bad depression.i only suffer from depression as my family suffers from it but out of my whole family i have to have it the worst
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 28th, 2005 at 03:28am
um... I will find some other way to abreact when I'm depress but not doing anything that will damage my body cuz i think that's not worth it... I will draw and do poem or do some cleaning work in order to get rid of depression
Revenge_o
Geek
Revenge_o
May 28th, 2005 at 04:04am
all i do now is just cry myself to sleep and listen to my music and yer...
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 28th, 2005 at 04:23am
I tried to once, but thats was a very long time ago.
franzi
franzi
May 28th, 2005 at 04:35am
er yes. i wont get into my own problems.. but self harm is a way of life for some people. i mean yes, i do it, and yes, i know its wrong, but it helps more than anything i know.
on the downside my whole fucking life revolves around that little knife blade. i cant go swimming in the summer i cant weare tshirts.. ive screwed myself over.. so yah..

^that didnt make any sense..
HolleeHysteria
HolleeHysteria
May 28th, 2005 at 05:08am
i've only cut a couple of times. it dosnt solve anything. in fact it makes even more problems for people.
when times have been really bad yes i have to admit i have thought about suicide... but i'd never have the bottle to acutally do it- which i suposse is a good thing really
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 28th, 2005 at 05:40am
Suicide = selfish.
I've thought about killing myself a lot, but I've found out that it's just stupid. What about my family.. or friends? I don't know how it is to be so depressed that you seriously TRY to take your life, so I don't know how it is. But anyway. It's selfish.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 28th, 2005 at 06:24am
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
I've thought about killing myself a lot, but I've found out that it's just stupid. What about my family.. or friends? I don't know how it is to be so depressed that you seriously TRY to take your life, so I don't know how it is. But anyway. It's selfish.

yeah! you hv made the point, when one commit suicide, their family and friends will suffer a lot!
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 09:17am
kueibe:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.

yeah! you hv made the point, when one commit suicide, their family and friends will suffer a lot!

if your in that state of mind family and friends mean nothing
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 28th, 2005 at 09:22am
american_idiot_94:
kueibe:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.

well, every ppl is different, family and friends always In my NO.1 place, if i'm depressed, I will think of how my mom and dad uprear me from a tiny baby, and i will get rid of the thought of suicide...
Jigsawess
Jigsawess
May 28th, 2005 at 09:26am
its scary, i first thought about killing myself when i was nine years old. i tried countless times from the age of nine to the age of twelve, but now im not so bad and i've realised that there are many, many people i hate in the world, but the very few that i love really matter to me. im not against it, when i get pushed over the edge i think of it. but it a lot better than i was four years ago, thankfully.
Loudleah
Loudleah
May 28th, 2005 at 09:27am
i never even thought of it I dont think I ever will I havent been depressed pppl have tried it at my colege and it looks liek cat scrahes saying Y live and its just for attention when she showed us sayin she had an itchy arm
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 09:29am
meZkat_**:
all i do now is just cry myself to sleep and listen to my music and yer...

Lucky you!!! Some of us were raised not to cry. I can't cry even when I want it.
Sweet Taboo.
Sweet Taboo.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:41pm
This point has been made before. I think that it's pathetic when people parade their self-harm scars as if it's something to be proud of. When someone does that, it shows that they aren't a genuine cutter. People who genuinely cut prefer to hide their wounds at all costs, and cut where people won't see. I've been through this before and was forced to stop when people began noticing my scars. Most of them still haven't completely healed even though I've tried everything to make them go away. For genuine cutters, the mental scars are worse than the physical ones.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 28th, 2005 at 01:00pm
people say there's loadsa help out there, but there isn't. you go to this place and someone sits down and acts all patient, wen realli you know they're just judging you, and it sucks, i h8 all those people that say they understand, you onli understand if you've gone thry summit similar...and those people that jst moan about they're life because their pet rock has died or summit (yes, ok, exaggeration i know) and then say they're sereverly depressed because of it, and bullshit about they're life...it does my head in...
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 28th, 2005 at 01:17pm
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
I disagree. You live your life for YOURSELF, not for the others. I think it's selfish to think that suicide is selfish. Like that you want someone to stay here though he doesn't want to and is feeling miserable and useless. But you want him to stay here, though he obviously doesn't want to stay here with you. I think it's just the 'shame' of suicide that keeps those people wanting him to stay.Because if they were there to really help him,he maybe wouldn't feel so bad. That they don't give a shit about the person who's going to commit suicide, they just can't stand the scandal after it.
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 28th, 2005 at 01:18pm
american_idiot_94:
kueibe:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.

Yeah, I know. You can't really help it. At least some people.
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 28th, 2005 at 01:20pm
Just like as if:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
I disagree. You live your life for YOURSELF, not for the others. I think it's selfish to think that suicide is selfish. Like that you want someone to stay here though he doesn't want to and is feeling miserable and useless. But you want him to stay here, though he obviously doesn't want to stay here with you. I think it's just the 'shame' of suicide that keeps those people wanting him to stay.Because if they were there to really help him,he maybe wouldn't feel so bad. That they don't give a shit about the person who's going to commit suicide, they just can't stand the scandal after it.
You have a point, and I guess this case has two sides. Like I said, I've never been in a situation like that, so I don't know. But if you "live your life just for yourself" you ARE selfish.
Register