Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
*St.Jimmy*
Geek
*St.Jimmy*
June 7th, 2005 at 07:55pm
i have thought of it many times, but never got too close. I don't think that it is a good idea for one main reason, you might not just be hurting yourself, What would your friends or family feel like if you did this to yourself? if you really want to, its up to you, but think of the other people who you could hurt. Even if its someone who doesn't really like you- they could feel guilt. I will never do it for those reasons, anyway, even when i get very depressed, i am too scared to do anything. I just think its a bad idea.
*St.Jimmy*
Geek
*St.Jimmy*
June 7th, 2005 at 08:03pm
I'm not into self-harm, then again, i'm not depressed. I think that cutting is just a trend that needs to stop. I don't understand it
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 8th, 2005 at 04:40am
*St.Jimmy*:
I'm not into self-harm, then again, i'm not depressed. I think that cutting is just a trend that needs to stop. I don't understand it

Although people do cut for attention, not so much to follow a trend, there are some people who cut because they are depressed and it's an emotional release for them.

Most people I know have cut or do cut because they are depressed, some have mental health problems which also add to it. But I do know a few people who cut themselves purely for attention, and they won't get it from me!
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 8th, 2005 at 05:16am
depression isn't always the reason why people self harm...
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 8th, 2005 at 07:37am
† foresaken †:
depression isn't always the reason why people self harm...

Comrade182:
I understand why people self harm, sometimes people do it through anger, or becasue they hates theirselfs, and honestly there are thousands of reasons why people do it.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 8th, 2005 at 11:47am
just wanna ask... is that people used to be cutting themselves as a way to release/express their anger/depressionn?? can i say cutting is a phenomenon appeared in this century or has this been a long history of that??
Orli*D
Idiot
Orli*D
June 8th, 2005 at 11:50am
XelmoX:
ok i was on a forum recently and there was a poll about suicide and more than half of the ppl that voted have considered it at one stage or another! i really want to hear ppls views on it bcos this was only irish ppl that voted! and maybe irish ppl are just extremely depressed ppl! so let me no wat ur views on it are please!
hey you read that in kiss magazine!!!! it sucks that over 50% of ppl consisdered it! ppl should really talk when something's up!!
[.x.]Spyro[.x.]
Idiot
[.x.]Spyro[.x.]
June 10th, 2005 at 04:33am
yeah.. well i do cut.. i told my 'friend' once in hope that she would help.. she sure helped.. helped so that the whole grade now knows...
Fucking_BurnOUT
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fucking_BurnOUT
June 10th, 2005 at 12:56pm
Every one tells me all this shit is a serious matter but why sould it be i cut but not always to kill, i love the look of the free rushing blood red and thick, it is just the best high i can get no dope can make me feel the way i do when i see all that blood. Sometimes it's to end it but sometimes it's not and every one that trys to stop you just pretends they care. yeah its a stupid thing to do but unless you get that rush of adrenilan ull never understand

Oh and i like carving designs in to my skin, it's my form of tatoo permanent but i would never actually get one only the stuff i do to myself

and i agree way to many pretenders out there to know whats real and what isnt u can think what u like of me think im a pretender or think im for real its all up to u but this is my life and i wouldnt fuck around with shit like this
Neo_is_stjimmy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Neo_is_stjimmy
June 10th, 2005 at 02:13pm
i just wanna know how does hurting ur self even more make anything easier? please someone explai this 2 me Confused Confused Confused
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
June 10th, 2005 at 02:18pm
Neo_is_stjimmy:
i just wanna know how does hurting ur self even more make anything easier? please someone explai this 2 me Confused Confused Confused
Rolling Eyes
I'm sure a few people think it takes away the mental pain in turn of physical. Although, cutting is just a call for attention, I don't care what any cutter says. That's what it is. You don't see all of them yelling out, "Hey, I cut. Help me." But. a lot do.
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
June 10th, 2005 at 04:36pm
Its a way to escape, ive been there before. Im really deppreesed and down atm but ive been there and i knwo its not the way forwards, so im just holding on....

I HATE it when people pin scratch the skin and tell everybody for attention, it pisses me off coz they onyl want attention.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 10th, 2005 at 04:45pm
I'm always thinking about suicide, and wheneve I get really into thinking about it I will physically harm myself, it's definately scary to see if you've never seen it, but I will

the pain reminds me that the suicide is one thousand times worse, so it helps me stay alive, but I don't say I cut because that'd be bullshit, no one can live with scars that open that often
I get some bruises and just say I fell...it's easier that way
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
June 10th, 2005 at 05:08pm
spill_no_sick:
I'm always thinking about suicide, and wheneve I get really into thinking about it I will physically harm myself, it's definately scary to see if you've never seen it, but I will

the pain reminds me that the suicide is one thousand times worse, so it helps me stay alive, but I don't say I cut because that'd be bullshit, no one can live with scars that open that often

that makes alot of sence.....I can relate to that Smile

I rember once beating up my self after a really bad day at skool and i was punching my walls and everything it realased alot of anger....it also preveted me from doing something really stupid
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
June 10th, 2005 at 05:15pm
hail_king_billie:
spill_no_sick:

that makes alot of sence.....I can relate to that Smile

I rember once beating up my self after a really bad day at skool and i was punching my walls and everything it realased alot of anger....it also preveted me from doing something really stupid
I understand that type of self harm, I myself do that when I go through stages of depression. It prevents stupidity from coming out of me. Confused
Turkey
Basket Case
Turkey
June 11th, 2005 at 07:56pm
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:
I used to think about it alot. I've stoped now. I even stopt cutting myself.
It's a bit scary, but most people are depressed lately. Shocked Shocked

most people pretend to be depressed to fit the "goth/punk/emo" sterotype.....
i htink thats really pathetic, a guy in my drama class came up to me (i was sittin in the corner doin shit all as usual) and said " u know u died your hair black, so your gothic? so you slit your wrists, right?" i got so pissed.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 12th, 2005 at 06:30am
i hate posers, and people who copy other people, it bugs me that people feel they have to be depressed toget friends of a certain style...style shouldn't matter when it comes to who your friends with, it's the person, not the label
mommys.little.nightmare
Idiot
mommys.little.nightmare
June 12th, 2005 at 04:14pm
i was going to kill myself an i recently stpped self harmin i even took my jaket of in a public place yesterday for the first time in a year im proud of myself Smile
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 12th, 2005 at 05:00pm
September has passed....:
I cut myself, and I've tried to commit suicide a lot of times... I don't think that it's bad. Rolling Eyes The cutting helps me get through my hard times and I know not to cut too deep, so, it's not really harmful. I personally dont' think that it's wrong for someone to commit suicide, it's you life... you live it for you and not for anyone else, if someone thinks that they should die, then that's what they think. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal of it, when people cut themselves. Confused
yeah, i agree, if u wanna die, i wont stop ya, if not, live on...whats the big deal?
lisa1224
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
lisa1224
June 13th, 2005 at 03:27am
I think people take suicide as the easy way out sometimes.... If someone believes hard anough i think they can always turn their lives around. When you look at the big picture, theres always time to pick yourself up and dust yourself off
Plus i believe sucide is often cause by others.... what will they think of the bad shit ive done... i ahve no friends.... im worthless....
if you're worthless to someone... well thats one person get over them - believe and live for yourself
actually i guess there r people in abuse n stuff - OK im confused now
Register