Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 28th, 2005 at 01:33pm
Gro:
Just like as if:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
I've thought about killing myself a lot, but I've found out that it's just stupid. What about my family.. or friends? I don't know how it is to be so depressed that you seriously TRY to take your life, so I don't know how it is. But anyway. It's selfish.
I disagree. You live your life for YOURSELF, not for the others. I think it's selfish to think that suicide is selfish. Like that you want someone to stay here though he doesn't want to and is feeling miserable and useless. But you want him to stay here, though he obviously doesn't want to stay here with you. I think it's just the 'shame' of suicide that keeps those people wanting him to stay.Because if they were there to really help him,he maybe wouldn't feel so bad. That they don't give a shit about the person who's going to commit suicide, they just can't stand the scandal after it.
You have a point, and I guess this case has two sides. Like I said, I've never been in a situation like that, so I don't know. But if you "live your life just for yourself" you ARE selfish.
I think that 'you live your life for yourself, not for the others' is the main thing, and it doesn't include the word 'just' in it. Of course life includes family and friends, but they're not your heart or brains.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 28th, 2005 at 01:38pm
Just like as if:
Gro:
Just like as if:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
I've thought about killing myself a lot, but I've found out that it's just stupid. What about my family.. or friends? I don't know how it is to be so depressed that you seriously TRY to take your life, so I don't know how it is. But anyway. It's selfish.
I disagree. You live your life for YOURSELF, not for the others. I think it's selfish to think that suicide is selfish. Like that you want someone to stay here though he doesn't want to and is feeling miserable and useless. But you want him to stay here, though he obviously doesn't want to stay here with you. I think it's just the 'shame' of suicide that keeps those people wanting him to stay.Because if they were there to really help him,he maybe wouldn't feel so bad. That they don't give a shit about the person who's going to commit suicide, they just can't stand the scandal after it.
You have a point, and I guess this case has two sides. Like I said, I've never been in a situation like that, so I don't know. But if you "live your life just for yourself" you ARE selfish.
I think that 'you live your life for yourself, not for the others' is the main thing, and it doesn't include the word 'just' in it. Of course life includes family and friends, but they're not your heart or brains.

i agree totally...its bad when people shun u for self harming and feeling low...that isn't gunna make you feel any better, people basically telling you that your being pathetic
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 01:44pm
thankfully ive never felt low enough to even think about suicide. but i dont see suicide as selfish if people go through with it. obviously it will be awful for their families, but you have to think about what the person was feeling to make them take such drastic and horrible actions. of course it would be better if the person could find a way out of their feeling but it can be hard. i went to a psychotherapist for OCD but i felt she just patronised me and didnt help me stop feeling anxious and low. it felt like a waste of time. if people try counselling and therapy and get nowhere, it can frustrate them and make them feel worse.
i agree with the people that have said people that parade their cuts aren't proper cutters - if you're still cutting and walk around with them on show then it obviously isnt for real
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 28th, 2005 at 01:47pm
im glad your so open-minded...people that blinker themselves and don't consider everyone elses opinion do my head in...but you seem to sympathise, even though you've never felt it...
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 01:54pm
rock00chick:
im glad your so open-minded...people that blinker themselves and don't consider everyone elses opinion do my head in...but you seem to sympathise, even though you've never felt it...

me? wowee and thanks v muchly if yes... (i apologise for this if no Embarassed ) i just think that there are 2 sides to everything - even something as negaive as suicide. i dont meant there is a positive - unless you see the person no longer suffering as a positive - but there must be a cause for someone to do it
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
May 28th, 2005 at 02:07pm
Yeah sucide is your own decision and stuff but sometimes the only reason peolpe do it is because they don't feel like they have a purpose in life. A lot of times they don't realize how much people truly care about them and how much they are needed. I know someone who I really care about who cuts, I know that he can do great things with his life. Cutting can lead to worse things, it doesn't always mean sucide but the fact that there is the small chance that he is considering, maybe even planning it makes me want to try to change his mind.
Jenjenjen
Falling In Love With The Board
Jenjenjen
May 28th, 2005 at 02:09pm
Just like as if:
Gro:
Just like as if:
Gro:
Suicide = selfish.
That's the reason I think it's selfish. Offcourse, if you are f.eks destroyed by drugs and have no friends or family, it's a different thing.
Armageddon_Flame
Geek
Armageddon_Flame
May 28th, 2005 at 02:40pm
Just like as if:
If someone wants to kill himself, then go for it. Your life,your decision.I don't think that committing a suicide is selfish at all. I mean you live for yourself, not for others.

i agree. you can do whatever you want.

sometimes i've felt like dying, but not really about killing myself...and i get depressed a lot...

but if you want to commit suicide, go ahead, it's your life, not anyone else's.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 28th, 2005 at 03:17pm
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:
I used to think about it alot. I've stoped now. I even stopt cutting myself.
It's a bit scary, but most people are depressed lately. Shocked Shocked

most people pretend to be depressed to fit the "goth/punk/emo" sterotype.....
and they usually say that they cut or have cut (yes, that was against Lunchbox)
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 28th, 2005 at 03:20pm
I've attempted it twice (which is why I'm so touchy about people saying that they cut)
I've tried to slit my wrists and bleed to death, but I survived that and no one found out (all of) what happened
the second time (a year later) I tried to OD myself, but I just got really high

I think a lot of people on here say they've attempted suicide and cut and really don't
I believe most people here that say they cause (non-cutting) self-harm actually do
I do it too, it helps remind me that the next step (suicide) will hurt a lot more if I try it again, so self-harm helps me stay alive
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 03:35pm
spill_no_sick:
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:

but if they've stopped then maybe it helps them to be open about it - show everyone and to help themselves know its in their past so hopefully they wont go back to it
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 28th, 2005 at 03:38pm
*Redundant*Rebel*:
spill_no_sick:
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:

but if they've stopped then maybe it helps them to be open about it - show everyone and to help themselves know its in their past so hopefully they wont go back to it
if me not believeing them depresses them that much they'd be dead by now
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 03:42pm
spill_no_sick:
*Redundant*Rebel*:
spill_no_sick:
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:

there are some people on here that its pretty obvious they only want to fit in but for others if they got over it maybe they only want to tell people on here cos they want to let people know they understand what they're going through. but im guessing you dont believe any of them?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 28th, 2005 at 03:47pm
*Redundant*Rebel*:
spill_no_sick:
*Redundant*Rebel*:
spill_no_sick:
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:

there are some people on here that its pretty obvious they only want to fit in but for others if they got over it maybe they only want to tell people on here cos they want to let people know they understand what they're going through. but im guessing you dont believe any of them?
I don't believe many
I'm not calling Lunchbox a liar, I'm just not gullible enough to use the "honors system"

there are some people I will believe after a while, most I don't
Lunchbox
King For A Couple Of Days
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 04:35pm
spill_no_sick:
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:

I was hideing it before, but it's a part of me now, it's not that I'm proud of it but I'm not ashamed of it eather.
You don't realy like me, do you?
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
May 28th, 2005 at 04:46pm
I'm pretty sure that everyone has at one point or another. I have, but I don't cut myself or whatever. I don't know too much about it, but from what I can gather, people just cut because they just feel depressed and it's their way of letting it out with (hopefully) nobdy else seeing/ finding out their problems, or the cuts.
franzi
franzi
May 28th, 2005 at 04:50pm
you know what?
today i went to a beach with my friends. my one friend is a cutter. as am i. and she goes in.
i ask her when were going to the train..
'dont you care about people seeing your cuts?'
she says
'yes i do, but its just something about me that people are going to have to live with. ive always envied my friend, because he could walk around in tshirts, and i decided i should too. im ashamed of it, but i need to learn to live with what ive done'

that really made me think.. she is not parading her scars around.. but she hads accepted the fact that what is done is done...
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 04:54pm
jimmy <3:
you know what?
today i went to a beach with my friends. my one friend is a cutter. as am i. and she goes in.
she says
'yes i do, but its just something about me that people are going to have to live with. ive always envied my friend, because he could walk around in tshirts, and i decided i should too. im ashamed of it, but i need to learn to live with what ive done'

that really made me think.. she is not parading her scars around.. but she hads accepted the fact that what is done is done...

Yeah, I don't parade it eather but if it's hot I'm gonna wear a T-shirt, damn it
franzi
franzi
May 28th, 2005 at 04:56pm
Lunchbox:
jimmy <3:
you know what?
she says

Yeah, I don't parade it eather but if it's hot I'm gonna wear a T-shirt, damn it

thats great of you. i mean i still dont have enough confidence to wear tshirts.. it was like 34° today.. and i was in a longsleeve. i want to wear tshirts.. but my cuts are so bad.. and fresh and it looks really horrible..
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 05:07pm
jimmy <3:
Lunchbox:
jimmy <3:
you know what?
she says

thats great of you. i mean i still dont have enough confidence to wear tshirts.. it was like 34° today.. and i was in a longsleeve. i want to wear tshirts.. but my cuts are so bad.. and fresh and it looks really horrible..

It was 32° here. My cuts are realy viseble (they even get purple sometimes)
but if you act like you don't see them, people don't even notice
Register