Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
Jigsawess
King For A Couple Of Days
Jigsawess
May 30th, 2005 at 09:29am
rock00chick:
what's worse is when people ask patronising questions and try and cure it like its a disease...its not a disease...depression is a feeling, and treating it like it's just going to go away (or like its a bit of crap on someones shoe) its makes the person feel worse, and the whole situation bubbles...
i agree- when i started communicating my depression a few years ago to my parents, they sat me down and talked about why i was like this, then they kept trying thir hardest to find a way to stop it. its totally ludicrous to think that you can make someone like a normal ten-year-old again (i was ten when i first told my parents)
Pancake Lizard
Geek
Pancake Lizard
May 30th, 2005 at 10:04am
I'd rather not post my suicidal issues on a thread, but if anybody pms me and can convince my that they can hold it safe with them, I might tell them.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
May 30th, 2005 at 08:43pm
I think a lot, not all, of the people who do self-destructive things are just trying to fit in. Maybe their friends do it and they're like "huh.. yea my life sucks too CUT!" I mean really.. there's no reason for that. Everything gets better with time..
Automatic man
King For A Couple Of Days
Automatic man
May 30th, 2005 at 08:56pm
whothefrickistrcool
i never said that it was.

i'm simply saying, that telling people that their pain simply does not compare to somebody else's pain is not a viable form of solving a problem. i personally think that you need to feel your own hurt to see how good you have it.

take a situation where somebody is constantly ... lets say, molested? nothingness or continued molesting?

although for you, obviously someone who isn't suicidal, pain does not take away pain, it does not mean that that is so for everyone else. again, comparing your feelings to others isn't answering any questions.

i find that many people cut themselves, burn themselves, hit themselves, etc. because they are A) punishishing themselves B) needing to see that though they feel numb and dead inside, they truly are living or C) find that when hurting themselves, they are not dwelling over everything else. they only feel the pain.
okay, you compared nothingness to molestation, but I'll say it again there is obviusly something you can do besides suicide. Okay, I want to adreess your reasons. Wjhat exactly do you mean by punishing themselves? If they did something bad then they should come clean or if they lied. Or if they did something that can't be fixed they should talk about to someone. B is just plain bull to me. I sort of understand C that they do not have to think about all their other stresses but...Also i do think comparing yourself to someone can solve some problems. I mean obviusly it won't stop you from getting molested, but I still say tha you can realize that you have a lot to be thankful for....
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 05:27am
I think it's a bit pathetic but then again I've self harmed but i don't know why i did it. So much shit has happened it was a kind of relief from everything and it made me feel better and in control of myself but in the end it made me feel worse when i looked at what I'd done to myself. But now i just feel stupid and pathetic. Depression can't be cured it has to cure itself.
all_by_myself
Falling In Love With The Board
all_by_myself
June 6th, 2005 at 07:28pm
I thought about suicide before, not to commit it, but to understand it. To see what it feels like to be that depressed.

The way I see it is. The one that claimed to of tryed, never even feel depressed, they just wanted attention. But the ones that never tell and just walk through the days being unseen, those are the ones that you have to worry about. They feel the depression running through they viens and can't help it. They go through shit everyday, but even though they thought about it, they would never to it, because they know that there's millions of others out there going through the samething, and still alive.
------------------------------------------
Now, cutting is something else all together. People cut mostly because they think it's cool. I know a lot of people that do do it, and they have no reason to. Most people think that it takes the pain away, but what they don't know is that it just adds pian. Yes I cutted, but not because of any of the reasons people would think. I'm just weird and loved the sign of blood. When I couldn't see it anymore, I cut for it. Till I realized that I was hurting myself for no good enough reason. So I stoped. But my point is most people cut for some of the most stupidest reasons. Cutting alone isn't that smart to being with.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
June 6th, 2005 at 08:04pm
If a person want's too kill themself, Let them kill themself.. Shocked
ace.
Idiot
ace.
June 6th, 2005 at 08:53pm
Automatic man:
whothefrickistrcool
i never said that it was.

i'm simply saying, that telling people that their pain simply does not compare to somebody else's pain is not a viable form of solving a problem. i personally think that you need to feel your own hurt to see how good you have it.

take a situation where somebody is constantly ... lets say, molested? nothingness or continued molesting?

although for you, obviously someone who isn't suicidal, pain does not take away pain, it does not mean that that is so for everyone else. again, comparing your feelings to others isn't answering any questions.

i find that many people cut themselves, burn themselves, hit themselves, etc. because they are A) punishishing themselves B) needing to see that though they feel numb and dead inside, they truly are living or C) find that when hurting themselves, they are not dwelling over everything else. they only feel the pain.
okay, you compared nothingness to molestation, but I'll say it again there is obviusly something you can do besides suicide. Okay, I want to adreess your reasons. Wjhat exactly do you mean by punishing themselves? If they did something bad then they should come clean or if they lied. Or if they did something that can't be fixed they should talk about to someone. B is just plain bull to me. I sort of understand C that they do not have to think about all their other stresses but...Also i do think comparing yourself to someone can solve some problems. I mean obviusly it won't stop you from getting molested, but I still say tha you can realize that you have a lot to be thankful for....

you entirely missed the point. i was saying that were one put in a situation where they were constantly..say...molested...they could commit suicide to find nothingness. i'm attempting to make you understand why some people do this...how it can be logically better than staying her on earth. the three reasons i gave for self harm are true ones that i have encountered in my life. whether or not you understand them, or find them "plain bull" is a matter of diverse opinions. A) punishing themselves not necessarily for doing something wrong, but for not being there for someone when they needed them. ironically, for cutting, etc. when they know they're life is "okay" but they can't stop cutting, they often punish themselves for being selfish. its simple for you to say that they need to come clean, when you've never felt it. its PSYCHOLOGICAL. you can not dumb the problem down to the level of simplicity that you have. B) complete bull, eh? if you're reducing yourself to that simple of a judgement, i find it not worth explaining again. C) i'm glad that you "kind of understand" this one.
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
June 6th, 2005 at 09:04pm
I never really think about suicide....well I've THOUGHT about it, but never actually considered actually killing mylelf. *breaks out into song*
Cuz IIIIIIIIII've seen better days
Been the star of many plays
I've seen better days
And the bottom drops out Dance
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 6th, 2005 at 09:34pm
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
I never really think about suicide....well I've THOUGHT about it, but never actually considered actually killing mylelf. *breaks out into song*
I've seen better days
be more serious!
this is a very serious subject to a lot of people here!
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 6th, 2005 at 10:06pm
Yes I have thought about suicide........but I dont think I would be able to go through with it. About self-harm yes I could do that Ive tried but I got no relief from it.
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
June 6th, 2005 at 10:20pm
spill_no_sick:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
I've seen better days
be more serious!
sorry... just trying to lighten the mood
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 6th, 2005 at 10:23pm
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
spill_no_sick:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
I've seen better days
be more serious!
sorry... just trying to lighten the mood
please don't
anorexa_go_go
Geek
anorexa_go_go
June 6th, 2005 at 11:01pm
Um...
I don't know what is so appealing about self-harm. I've tried cutting myself and to be honest, it doesn't really do anything in terms of helping cope with stress. It just freaks you out that you're going to such lengths to try and "forget". I think it's a really hard subject to fully understand, but then again, what do I know?
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo
June 6th, 2005 at 11:47pm
I'm not into harming myself!
ace.
Idiot
ace.
June 6th, 2005 at 11:58pm
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo:
i absolutely love this forum and absolutely can't stand pointless posts.

form an opinion, back it up, or don't waste our time.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 7th, 2005 at 09:22am
whothefckistrecool?:
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo:
i absolutely love this forum and absolutely can't stand pointless posts.

form an opinion, back it up, or don't waste our time.
thank you
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 7th, 2005 at 09:29am
I understand why people self harm, sometimes people do it through anger, or becasue they hates theirselfs, and honestly there are thousands of reasons why people do it.

I have done it once, through two reasons, one I felt really depressed and the other reason was through experimentation I wanted to see if it helped. It didn't help me but it does help others!

Suicide ont eh other hadn is different, it's taking your own life for whatever reason you have, some people do it because they are depressed, others do it accidentally when there on drugs, but personally I could never bring myself to suicide. i see it as a selfish act personally, but I feel for those who attempt, or commit suicide. I have mixed feelings towarsds it would be the best way to end this post and that I'm not against it, unless I every feel like attempting it!
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 7th, 2005 at 12:34pm
XelmoX:
ok i was on a forum recently and there was a poll about suicide and more than half of the ppl that voted have considered it at one stage or another! i really want to hear ppls views on it bcos this was only irish ppl that voted! and maybe irish ppl are just extremely depressed ppl! so let me no wat ur views on it are please!

i went to ireland last year visiting one of my mum's friends and she told us that theres a high suicide rate over there...and this is in one of the rural areas Ballycastle i think it was called.
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
June 7th, 2005 at 01:28pm
i used to cut but i managed to stop, but sometimes i cut a bit if i'm really depressed. i still think about suicide and i even tried committing it but got "cought" and i got locked up in a ma\ental hospital Rolling Eyes but sometimes the depression gets bad and ythen thats all you thi nk about
Register