Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 05:17pm
this site is really good it a forum for people who cut, and do other forms of self harm. I go there quite a bit. I've never actually cut but i do self harm
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
King For A Couple Of Days
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
May 29th, 2005 at 01:52am
GreenFlySoup:
this site is really good it a forum for people who cut, and do other forms of self harm. I go there quite a bit. I've never actually cut but i do self harm
but cutting and self harm is the same. you still hurt yourself.
Blasphemous_Rumors
Jackass
Blasphemous_Rumors
May 29th, 2005 at 03:56am
well i try to get people to stop seeing i went through that feeling once and i'm actually much better after i stopped cutting all the cutting did was make me feel worse
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 29th, 2005 at 04:47am
midnight murderer:
GreenFlySoup:

but there are other sorts of self harm. some people slap their faces, bang their heads, scratch their faces or arms repeatedly or pick at piercings. often when people say "self harm" people assume cutting, but its not always like that
note_the_sarcasm
Geek
note_the_sarcasm
May 29th, 2005 at 10:23am
i find it really disgusting that self-harm's become a trend.
"Oh yeah, i think i'll slit my wrists, because it's cool, i mean, because the world hurts me so much! Plus all the wicked awesome bands that are on MTV2 sing about it all the time!"
i mean, please. And it trivializes the fact that a lot of people really do have a problem with it.
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
May 29th, 2005 at 10:46am
note_the_sarcasm:
"Oh yeah, i think i'll slit my wrists, because it's cool, i mean, because the world hurts me so much! Plus all the wicked awesome bands that are on MTV2 sing about it all the time!"
i mean, please. And it trivializes the fact that a lot of people really do have a problem with it.

Clap well said.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 29th, 2005 at 12:09pm
note_the_sarcasm:

couldnt have put it better myself
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 29th, 2005 at 12:56pm
I think that if people who cut know what they are doing and are dealing with something emotional and need to get through by any means possible, then it's okay. I know how they feel. But it's when they start showing it off that they've crossed the line and when others should try stoping them. It's their choice and I'm not going to interfere with someone elses decisions. But different people think about it differently.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 29th, 2005 at 01:08pm
some people do it for control...i did anyway...like when you can't feel like your incontrol of anything and the only thing you can control is your pain...then you find out you can't even controll that and that people are looking down at you...it sucks Sad
american_idiot_94
Falling In Love With The Board
american_idiot_94
May 29th, 2005 at 01:09pm
rock00chick:
some people do it for control...i did anyway...like when you can't feel like your incontrol of anything and the only thing you can control is your pain...then you find out you can't even controll that and that people are looking down at you...it sucks Sad

yea thats how i felt
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 29th, 2005 at 01:19pm
what's worse is when people ask patronising questions and try and cure it like its a disease...its not a disease...depression is a feeling, and treating it like it's just going to go away (or like its a bit of crap on someones shoe) its makes the person feel worse, and the whole situation bubbles...
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 29th, 2005 at 02:04pm
*Redundant*Rebel*:
midnight murderer:
GreenFlySoup:

but there are other sorts of self harm. some people slap their faces, bang their heads, scratch their faces or arms repeatedly or pick at piercings. often when people say "self harm" people assume cutting, but its not always like that

you can also get mental self harm - keeping your problems to yourself and letting them eat away at you mentally until you have a huge outburst (that's me)

Not eating properly

bulimia is self harm

there's loads, i'll find a list for you
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 29th, 2005 at 02:17pm
ok i said i'd post the different types here you go, WARNING it's quite a long post

Self Injury can be split into three main 'classes' :

Psychotic Self Injury : Types of Psychotic Self Injury include the removal or amputation of body parts, such as eyes, limbs, ears, and genitals. These acts of Self Injury are usually done in response to visual or audible hallucinations. This type of Self Injury is severe and is easily identified.

Organic Self Injury : Organic Self Injury usually stems from autistic disorders, developmental disabilities, and other psychologically induced disorders. This type of Self Injury is always influenced by physical or chemical problems in the body. Forms of Organic SI include head-banging and lip-biting.

Typical Self Injury : Typical Self Injury results because of emotional or psychological reasons not related to psychotic (hearing voices, seeing things that aren't there, delusions) or organic (physical) conditions. The majority of the people who Self Harm fall into this catergory. This type of Self Harm is used to make yourself feel better and as a way of coping with your life. The following are the most common ways people hurt themselves:

The most common forms of Self Injury are :

Cutting : Cutting, also known as slicing or slashing, is the most common way people hurt themselves. It is typically done with a knife, razor blade, piece of glass, or other sharp objects. Most of the cuts are done on the arms, legs, wrists, and chest; but other people cut on other parts of the body such as the stomach, face, neck, breasts, and genitals. But cutting on the arms and wrist is the most common because excuses can be made more easily (for example people can say that they had an accident while cooking).

Burning : Burning is another common way people hurt themselves. Usually done with cigarettes, lighters, matches, kitchen-stove burners, heated objects (branding irons or hot skillets), and burning objects. Sometimes people even use flammable substances such as gasoline, propane, alocohol, and lighter fluid. Similar to cutting, most people burn themselves on their arms, wrists, legs, and chest.

Interference with wound healing : Most people have unconsciously interfered with the healing of a wound but it is considered Self Harm when it is done deliberately. Some people remove stitches prematurely, stick objects such as needles, pins, etc. into the wound, or do other things to reopen the wound.

Hitting : Hitting themselves with their fists is another way that people hurt themselves that is most commonly done on the head or thighs. Although it may not seem as serious as cutting or burning it is done for the same reasons and results.

Extreme nail biting : It is common for most people to bite their nails. But when it is used as a form of Self Harm it is more severe and frequent than normal. It can result in the injury and damage of the fingernails or cuticles. People can bite their fingernails so much that they draw blood.

Scratching : Another common thing amongst most people scratching can become a form of Self Injury. People who use it as a method of Self Injury make it more extreme in frequency, intensity, and duration. Area's of skin can become raw or sometimes even bloody. Usually the scratching is done with the fingernails but sometimes it is done with a sharp or semisharp object such as a knife, comb, or pencil. Sometimes it is done unconsciously.

Hair-pulling : Trichotillomania is 'the excessive and recurrent removal of your own hair resulting in a noticeable loss of hair,' is the only form of Self Injury recognized as a psychological disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). Usually the hair is removed from the scalp, eyebrows, or beard, but can be from any part of the body. The bald spots that result from Trichotillomania are usually covered with a hat, bandage, or sunglasses.

Breaking of bones : A form of Self Injury that is more rare than the others, the breaking of bones is a serious and severe form of Self Injury. Usually, people break their bones with an instrument such as a hammer, brick, or other heavy objects. But sometimes people throw themselves into walls or doors.
devils_rose
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
devils_rose
May 29th, 2005 at 03:27pm
i didnt realise there were that many ways, some of them i didnt even think about being classed as self harm, ive like now realised i no more people then i thought that do it, but like they dont think themselves its self harm. wow that made no sence sorry
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
May 29th, 2005 at 03:43pm
I think most people have thought about it i guess...

in used to cut until my mum found out and i saw how much it hurt her. i bite my nails way too much...and my cuticles are horrible and bloody and stuff...it's not exactly self harm but it makes me feel better....i also bite my lip a lot.....and when i feel really bad i tend to end up hitting myself.....but i don't reccomend doing any of those things
DONKEY POO
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
DONKEY POO
May 30th, 2005 at 07:15am
im gonna kill myself right now! eerrgghh ergh eeerrrggghhh!!! ergh ergh eeeeerrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! (he's dead now)
phobilemone
Falling In Love With The Board
phobilemone
May 30th, 2005 at 08:38am
DONKEY POO:
im gonna kill myself right now! eerrgghh ergh eeerrrggghhh!!! ergh ergh eeeeerrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! (he's dead now)

thank god.... Rolling Eyes
XcoreJessio
XcoreJessio
May 30th, 2005 at 08:39am
DONKEY POO:

Hilarious Rolling Eyes I hope to God you get banned.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 30th, 2005 at 08:43am
DONKEY POO:

ha - bloody - haha. what do you expect us all to say - that was hilarious? you're pretty sick talking like that about a serious issue like this
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
May 30th, 2005 at 09:16am
I'm gonna commit suicide when I'm 29, the day before Hitler killed himself. End of story.
Register