Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 25th, 2007 at 02:19pm
HomoChair.TreeHugger:
The girls who are being slutty and jumping into bed as soon as they can are sure to regret it later.

And that's right.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 04:19pm
HysteriaCatherine:
HomoChair.TreeHugger:
The girls who are being slutty and jumping into bed as soon as they can are sure to regret it later.

And that's right.
Not for me apparently. What's with these vendettas against girls who sleep around? I really don't understand it.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 25th, 2007 at 06:37pm
Anji:
Not for me apparently. What's with these vendettas against girls who sleep around? I really don't understand it.
Now you've got me thinking... :/

Maybe it could be jealousy? Something like that...
idk
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 06:44pm
Whatever it is, I doubt that they're only concerned for their well being.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 07:39pm
Anji:
Whatever it is, I doubt that they're only concerned for their well being.
I agree, there is a certain jealously. I know that I envy a select few girls who sleep around, because they're so...I don't have the right word.

But I know that when my friends consider doing anything of that nature, I make sure they know what they're doing. Because sleeping around and whatnot, it can come back to bite you in the cooch.

And when I see a little twelve year old talking about what she did to some guy, I have a strong urge to shake some sense into her, because honestly. What do you say when you're seventy years old and your grandchildren ask what you were like at their age? "Oh, I was a dirty whore! Very Happy "?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 08:04pm
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:
The ability to act older has become accessible to younger girls. It's not their fault if they dress like an older person, merely clothing labels fault for creating the clothes.

I don't think so. CLothing companies have the right to create whatever kind of clothing they want. Parents are responsible for what their kids wear.
So then it's the parent's fault, according to you. I guess in the spoilt child syndrome-like way, it is.

I think that young kids (9-11 years) are choosing more and more what they want to wear unlike me who wore what her mother bought her until it got too small to wear. Yes, clothing companies do have a right to produce as many mini skirts as their hearts desire, but usually, to make or market a different product, an older one will have to be scraped. So turle neck sweaters are being replaced with low cut tops. It's not just economics, it's also style, what has become more fashionable amongst the clothing industry.
Not spoiled child, irresponsible parents. Think
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
July 26th, 2007 at 02:00am
The thing that disturbed me was that when I was about 12/13, the popular girls in my year were having sex... and they hadn't even started puberty yet.
I just remember this one conversation they were having in the changing rooms, it was like:
"OMG I fucked [randomdude] on Saturday and my pussy bled and I thought I started my period!!!"
"It's okay to bleed a little bit cos [soandso] fucked [soandso] and when she got home she had blood on her tights."

Also the places where they do this stuff... Urgh. Just no.
There's also a girl whose pregnant in my year.
Scary stuff.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
July 26th, 2007 at 07:45am
What a shame. It's quite sad (the young girls who get pregnant I mean)
It's such a responsibilty and half of them I think aren't aware of that.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
July 26th, 2007 at 12:11pm
I was cool and watched Richard & Judy.

They had a girl who was 10/11 who wore make up, had hair extensions, had a fake tan and false nails.

And her mother encouraged it.

The girls words were: "I don't want to be fat or ugly because then people think "Ew, I don't want to be friends with you, you're ugly and fat.""

Rolling Eyes
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
July 26th, 2007 at 02:35pm
That Ska Kid.:

They had a girl who was 10/11 who wore make up, had hair extensions, had a fake tan and false nails.

The girls words were: "I don't want to be fat or ugly because then people think "Ew, I don't want to be friends with you, you're ugly and fat.""

Rolling Eyes
Shifty When I was that age I liked wearing face paint & jumping in muddy puddles. I don't think she'd've wanted to be my friend.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 26th, 2007 at 08:12pm
Kurtni:
...Usually those are one and the same.
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 04:49am
Alas, I ma y be 12 with a cell phone but, I don't show it off, at all. I use the least amount of minute in my family and I haven'y even sent a single text message. Why? Unlike other kids my age I'm responsable with it. And about the whole issue I blame the parents.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2007 at 06:02am
Anji:
Kurtni:
...Usually those are one and the same.
thats ture.
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
July 28th, 2007 at 06:11am
That Ska Kid.:

Rolling Eyes

I went to school with girls similar to that.
Although it wasn't so bad at primary.
It gets worse at high school.
The Spill Canvas
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Spill Canvas
July 30th, 2007 at 10:10am
Girls aren't the only ones growing up way too fast. I'm 12 years old and at my middle school, I saw kids in gangs, having boyfriends at a young age, kissing in public and acting very very inappropriate. It's disgusting and sad to see this but hey, they're not going to change their lifestyle anytime soon.
Wikkid_Lette
Geek
Wikkid_Lette
July 30th, 2007 at 04:21pm
ace.:
its not okay at all.
the cell phone thing..hell. who cares.

but the inappropriate clothes, the make-up..it makes me sick. its like women..girls..are begging to be treated as objects. and as much as i hate to blame everything on the media, television, etc. i do place blame on figures like britney spears and lindsey lohan because i've seen first hand how young girls react to that. my younger cousin is seven and she wants to dress like britney. she watches how she dances and dances like britney. its sick.

and it doesn't stop there. i swear there is not one freshman at my high school who hasn't had sex. its disgusting. its a normality, its not seen as slutty its seen as something everyone does.
i don't get it.
be a kid. that stuff comes later and you'll wish you didn't have to deal with it.
i totaly agree, its sick, my best friends 12 year old sister dresses and dances like a stripper, its sad, i mean when i was 12 all i cared about was kid stuff, i was never like they r now, i mean i grew up fast but not like this! its ashame and i deff. point my finger at the media, i mean you see the images on tv and you know lil girls are gonna be influenced by it!!! it's crazy now i mean i see all the stars on tv and on magazines and its sick, i mean i was watchin the news the other day and a magazine touched up a picture of Faith Hill, like they made her skinner, so what kinda of a message does that send, if ur not skinny ur not pretty, it makes me so mad!!!!
Wikkid_Lette
Geek
Wikkid_Lette
July 30th, 2007 at 04:25pm
Roonil Wazlib:
The thing that disturbed me was that when I was about 12/13, the popular girls in my year were having sex... and they hadn't even started puberty yet.
I just remember this one conversation they were having in the changing rooms, it was like:
"OMG I fucked [randomdude] on Saturday and my pussy bled and I thought I started my period!!!"
"It's okay to bleed a little bit cos [soandso] fucked [soandso] and when she got home she had blood on her tights."

Also the places where they do this stuff... Urgh. Just no.
There's also a girl whose pregnant in my year.
Scary stuff.
thats sad, ive never heard that around my school, i mean im sure when i start high school this year i will, but even high school is 2 soon to be having sex
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 04:40pm
Yuri Harajuku:
Girls aren't the only ones growing up way too fast. I'm 12 years old and at my middle school, I saw kids in gangs, having boyfriends at a young age, kissing in public and acting very very inappropriate. It's disgusting and sad to see this but hey, they're not going to change their lifestyle anytime soon.

I think having boyfriends at twelve kind of makes sense. Because I mean, sometimes its not even a "real" relationship. Its just "I like you, you like me. You think I'm pretty and I think you're handsome." I guess its kind of like practice or something.

But then it'd be odd to see a twelve year old in tears because she walked in on her boyfriend making out with someone else. Unless her boyfriend was a few years older than her. In which case: O_o.

But I've noticed something else...some people don't grow up fast enough. This guy asked out some girl in my class and all his friends were like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and clapping and being irritating as if they were getting married tomorrow.

According to an article I read (I'll try to hunt it down), the girls in middle school don't wear short skirts and low cut tops to attract men. They do it to fit in with other girls. As far as middle school goes, being older is cool. Looking older is "cool". If looking older means being, uh, revealing, then they just think "Go for it." and manage to talk their parents into letting them leave the house like that.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 31st, 2007 at 02:37am
lyrical_mess:
Yuri Harajuku:

I think having boyfriends at twelve kind of makes sense. Because I mean, sometimes its not even a "real" relationship. Its just "I like you, you like me. You think I'm pretty and I think you're handsome." I guess its kind of like practice or something.

But then it'd be odd to see a twelve year old in tears because she walked in on her boyfriend making out with someone else. Unless her boyfriend was a few years older than her. In which case: O_o.

But I've noticed something else...some people don't grow up fast enough. This guy asked out some girl in my class and all his friends were like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and clapping and being irritating as if they were getting married tomorrow.

According to an article I read (I'll try to hunt it down), the girls in middle school don't wear short skirts and low cut tops to attract men. They do it to fit in with other girls. As far as middle school goes, being older is cool. Looking older is "cool". If looking older means being, uh, revealing, then they just think "Go for it." and manage to talk their parents into letting them leave the house like that.

lmfao but boys do that. It's just what they do. They're immature, they're just having a laugh. Most of the guys in my year (or who were in my year) are 17, and they still do that. It's not them not growing up fast enough, it's just them having a laugh.

And as for having boyfriends at 12, I had a boyfriend at 12. Half the people in my year in primary school had boyfriends, and we were 10, 11 at the time. Its usually nothing serious.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 02:43pm
Maybe boys grew up too fast (in a sexual way) and therefore girls were ought to? I mean, you talk about girls having sex and being sluty... Maybe they are just doing that because they think they are expected to. Being thin and wearing make-up is considered attractive, having sex is considered necessary (its understandable when you are mature enough for it, but apparently now its a must even if you`re 12) in a relationship... I highly doubt women put those standards onto themselves.
Register