Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
fantanoice
Geek
fantanoice
November 19th, 2007 at 05:35am
Its strange. I turned 16 this year and this is the only year where I've actually been feeling like I'm "growing up."

Before that I would see the other people all "grown up" with their make up and boyfriends and I would think, "Do you seriously want that?"

I'm not afraid of growing up, but I don't want to lose my childhood. I like being a kid with any responsibilities, bills or worries. That doesn't mean I'm scared of being an adult. It just means I don't want to have to be relied on for so many things.

This year was nuts. Crushes and school... everything is just so... different to last year.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
November 19th, 2007 at 03:41pm
EdwardOwnsMe:
i think some of them are growing up way to quickly. i also think that hollywood is playing a huge part in making that happen.

young girls want to be what they see on TV(hannah montana, lindsay lohan, hillary duff, etc). and they want to live a "hollywood" lifesyle
I don't think many girls admire Lindsay Lohan to be honest. They may like her films, but she's not exactly an idol for young girls; she gets too much press the under-13s don't really get to see, like in the tabloids etc. Magazines like Girl Talk and TOTP print stuff about "buff boys" and makeup, but they don't print articles about how movie stars have been spotted on cctv snorting cocaine and who's now sleeping with whose ex. Those sorts of things are much more likely to be in The Sun or another tabloid newspaper, which young kids aren't likely to bother picking up. Generally the characters she plays in films are happy-go-lucky, clean living, stereotypical New York girls-about-town, and if it's the character girls admire that's different to Lindsay as a person - driving under the influence and snorting coke aren't exactly glamorous.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 19th, 2007 at 08:18pm
jjelly beans:
I don't think many girls admire Lindsay Lohan to be honest.
I concur. The younger girls I know make fun of Lindsey Lohan and Brittney spears. When I was like... 8 or something, they were rad. Now they're just lame. I'm not saying the media isn't influencing the youth negatively, but it isn't as easy as just picking out a celebrity and blaming them anymore. It's more subtle now.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 20th, 2007 at 04:24pm
But the thing is, even though they make fun of Britney and Lindsay and call them whores and stuff, they're smart enough to realize what's going on and that acting they way Britney and co are is a really good way to get noticed and to stand out. And as lame as it sounds, that's what every teenager wants: to stand out and have an identity.

But I think the world is slowly starting to realize that the Drunken Slut thing isn't so cool after all.
yellowstickerface
Geek
yellowstickerface
November 30th, 2007 at 08:27am
As long as they don't have sex before they turn 14.
Thats just gross.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2007 at 08:12pm
yellowstickerface:
As long as they don't have sex before they turn 14.
Thats just gross.
Why 14? Think
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
December 1st, 2007 at 01:33am
I think the media also has a HUGE part played in the growing up thing. It seems like a competetion to look better than the other, to be more flirty. It's pretty repulsive.

There's some music videos that are pretty sickening in the sexual sense, and anyone that has the said channel can watch those. Which could cause the corruption, perhaps.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 27th, 2008 at 08:13pm
it's annoying to see ten year old kids walking down main street and cussing as loud as they can. it's annoying.

it's annoying that thirteen year old kids are getting laid these days and sometimes pregnant.

kids are growing up too fast.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2008 at 09:20pm
I don't know. I mean, there are girls in my school who bug me. I mean, we're all 15 year olds. Every girl feels the need to have a boyfriend and thinks she needs to wear 10 pounds of make up to look pretty. And then there's me. I feel pressured to have a boyfriend, but that's only because most of my friends, who are girls have one. I don't wear 10 pounds of make up at all! I hardly wear make up! I can't stand it! My best friend wears a ton, but that's just her, she is also in the same boat as me as far as the boyfriend thing goes.
I do feel as if I have grown up too fast. I had a wonderful childhood and now I feel like an adult in a teenage girl's body. I get along so well with adults it's crazy. others my age are ridiculously jealous of me and I don't like it.

As far as sex goes, I'm sorry, I don't see the reason for a young teenager to go and get her self pregnant by a guy she doesn't even know. I know rebellion is an answer and everything about how times have changed so quickly from the 1960s to now... I just think girls like that are immature and insecure.

I don't know. I really can't explain all girls with just one word, sentence or phrase or paragraph. I don't know all of them well enough to do that. I can only narrow down what bugs me about teenage girls my age.
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
July 27th, 2008 at 10:03pm
I agree that having sex with someone you barely know isn't very smart.
But I don't think that means girls who do that are growing up too fast. It just means that they aren't being responsible.
I don't think that someone older who has sex with a stranger should get away with it simply because they're "grown up."
So in this case, I don't think girls are growing up too fast. If they were growing up, you'd hope they'd be more mature and responsible.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2008 at 09:30pm
Cash Cow.:
I agree that having sex with someone you barely know isn't very smart.
But I don't think that means girls who do that are growing up too fast. It just means that they aren't being responsible.
I don't think that someone older who has sex with a stranger should get away with it simply because they're "grown up."
So in this case, I don't think girls are growing up too fast. If they were growing up, you'd hope they'd be more mature and responsible.

Exactly.
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
July 29th, 2008 at 04:12am

Don need i say more?
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 29th, 2008 at 02:43pm
obsessedmonkey:
im 11 years old

Oxycontin Genocide:
if you're eleven, why do you have a gsb in the first place? in specifically says you have to be thirteen to have one.

obsessedmonkey:
and girls in my skool wear make-up

Oxycontin Genocide:
If their parents are ignorant enough to let little girls that are elevn years old cake on make up and look like whores then who cares? It's them, not you.

obsessedmonkey:
inapropriate clothes

Oxycontin Genocide:
Who cares? Let them dress that way. It'll only result in negative attention and when they're older and have kids they'll probably wonder wtf was going through their mind then.

obsessedmonkey:
and bring cell phones 2 skool.

Oxycontin Genocide:
Eleven year olds shouldn't have cell phones. 'Nuff said.

obsessedmonkey:
do u think thats ok?

Oxycontin Genocide:
Who cares anymore, honestly? Let them do what they want. It's their life and what they do will affect their futures. Not our's.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 29th, 2008 at 02:51pm
Kurtni:
jjelly beans:
I don't think many girls admire Lindsay Lohan to be honest.
I concur. The younger girls I know make fun of Lindsey Lohan and Brittney spears. When I was like... 8 or something, they were rad. Now they're just lame. I'm not saying the media isn't influencing the youth negatively, but it isn't as easy as just picking out a celebrity and blaming them anymore. It's more subtle now.

i agree. when i was in kindergarten britney spears was awesome and so were the backstreet boys and n*sync. my four year old cousin talks about them like they are a disgust to her and it's surprisingly how different today's younger generation is.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 31st, 2008 at 04:16pm
Oxycontin Genocide:
it's annoying to see ten year old kids walking down main street and cussing as loud as they can. it's annoying.

it's annoying that thirteen year old kids are getting laid these days and sometimes pregnant.

kids are growing up too fast.

I agree that it is annoying, but at the end of the day, people who were our age when we were 10 were probably saying the same things about us.

When thinking about kids nowadays it's easier to understand our parents when they say "you're not going out dressed like that" etc. The kids now probably think they look great, just like we did and just like our parents did at that age.

It's just times changing imo Dno
Rachii!
King For A Couple Of Days
Rachii!
August 1st, 2008 at 02:25pm
My friend and I were out at around 10 at night and a group of what I think were 10 years olds stood and yelled abuse at us and threatened to 'smash our faces in'. What kind of parent lets their children hang around on a Friday night at that age? We also had kids of 6 or 7 throwing thistles at us. I know when I was that age I wouldn't have gone NEAR thistles and I definitely wouldn't think about throwing things at random people.
I really didn't expect to be harassed by primary school aged children at night, they behave like drunken teenagers and adults..
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
August 1st, 2008 at 02:37pm
Rachii!:
My friend and I were out at around 10 at night and a group of what I think were 10 years olds stood and yelled abuse at us and threatened to 'smash our faces in'. What kind of parent lets their children hang around on a Friday night at that age? We also had kids of 6 or 7 throwing thistles at us. I know when I was that age I wouldn't have gone NEAR thistles and I definitely wouldn't think about throwing things at random people.
I really didn't expect to be harassed by primary school aged children at night, they behave like drunken teenagers and adults..
It's not like teenagers and adults should be doing that either
Rachii!
King For A Couple Of Days
Rachii!
August 1st, 2008 at 02:49pm
Cash Cow.:
Rachii!:
It's not like teenagers and adults should be doing that either
I know but it's more likely for adults to be violent; I mean when you're a kid you're told not to be out by yourself and so on in case of strange men or whatever, you don't expect to be abused by children.
GreenDayIdiotGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GreenDayIdiotGirl
August 1st, 2008 at 09:21pm
yes. definitially. i am because i was kind of forced to grow up. i hate being all grown up. my friend acts like a nine yr old and i think thats just creepy lol
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
August 2nd, 2008 at 04:57am
greendayidiotgirl:
yes. definitially. i am because i was kind of forced to grow up. i hate being all grown up. my friend acts like a nine yr old and i think thats just creepy lol

How were you forced? To fit in?
Register