Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 31st, 2007 at 03:03pm
Remus J. Lupin:
Maybe boys grew up too fast (in a sexual way) and therefore girls were ought to? I mean, you talk about girls having sex and being sluty... Maybe they are just doing that because they think they are expected to. Being thin and wearing make-up is considered attractive, having sex is considered necessary (its understandable when you are mature enough for it, but apparently now its a must even if you`re 12) in a relationship... I highly doubt women put those standards onto themselves.

the being thin thing seems true with the media but some poll [forget where i saw it] said most guys perfer average sized women - not stick thin.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
July 31st, 2007 at 03:31pm
I can't understand why some girls wanna grow up so fast. I mean...do they even know what growing up is? It's not about having your own house or having your own car and being able to go out and party all night long without your parents or anyone bothering you.
It comes with responsibility.

And wearing tons and tons of make-up,mini skirts and flirting with every guy that passes by you isn't growing up at all.

I'm not saying we should all go back to playing with barbie dolls or anything,I'm just saying that if you want to show you're all grown up,you're gonna do it with being responsible. Not with acting like a complete slut.

Enjoy your childhood,kiddies Wink You'll miss it one day.

[ This sounded weird. Shocked I feel like a grandma all of the sudden Sad ]
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 03:41pm
I'm growing down. Retard I used to have all these responsibilities with my own home and bills and food and stuff, but now I live with my parents again.

I almost feel as though I have more responsibilities now. I know it's not true, but like my consequences are harsher now that I live with my family. Before, if I didn't buy toilet paper, or I forgot the milk, only my friend and I had to suffer. But now, my family would suffer if I slip up doing my housework or mess up my cooking. So yeah, just because I had moved out, and I had freedom, and I could do whatever I wanted, didn't mean I was responsible, and I certainly wasn't more grown up.

Also, living with my sister, I have to be her role model again what with her being all pubertal. It really doesn't look that way, sometimes though.
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
August 6th, 2007 at 05:48pm
when i was 9 the only thing i worried about was what was for tea not whether my butt looked big in something or whether i had the latest clothes or what make my phone was - heck i never used the house phone!! it's all because childhood innocence is something of the past
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 7th, 2007 at 01:10pm
I saw something in the paper today that said an alarming new statistic shows more children are reaching puberty at aged 6, but I think they're blaming it on toxic chemicals in the air.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 7th, 2007 at 03:22pm
Peardrops:
I saw something in the paper today that said an alarming new statistic shows more children are reaching puberty at aged 6, but I think they're blaming it on toxic chemicals in the air.

I know it in a pyshical way they are getting older. Bu thats something they can't prevent, they can take medicine to help but its not their fault.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
August 8th, 2007 at 05:10am
Peardrops:

Holy crap! Cheese
That's really early...
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
August 14th, 2007 at 11:23pm
I can't percieve little girls having their reds at 6 years old... I was still running around naked at that age!!! :O
Brian May
King For A Couple Of Days
Brian May
August 21st, 2007 at 12:02am
Yes
i totally agree that girls r growing 2 fast.

I remember when i just started middle school(i was 11 by that time0

And i felt so......i dunno smalll compared with the other girls.

They were always talking bouT their clothes, make up, cell phones, guys, bla blah.

And i was like STOP!!HOW OLD R U!!???UR JUST A KID WITH 2 MUCH MAKE UP!!
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 21st, 2007 at 12:10am
My younger cousin is just going into 7th grade and she's been wearing make-up and mini skirts and tube tops even since she was in 4th grade. But that's not what really bothers me.

There are kids younger than me who are doing shit that I think I'm to young to do, like losing their virginity. I don’t understand younger kids need to feel older I mean it’s not all that great. Sure you can stay out later and have more freedom then when you were little but you also a lot more responsibility and you have to go through things like watching your friends start drinking, smoking, or doing drugs, knowing they are destroying themselves and they won’t let you help them. Growing older comes with pain and a whole lot of emotions. Younger kids should enjoying being young while they can, because high school is a bitch.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:06am
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:

I mean, look at the people who are being shoved down young girl's throats. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, the Olsens, etc..., Ten year old girls are reading magazines with anorexic twenty-one year olds in rehab.

Actually, I think a fine number of young women know better than to imitate that kind of lifestyle. There's the generic teenage girl who looks up to celebrities for no obvious reason and tries to copy their every move, but there are also girls who are inspired by those magazines to thrive on better. And even though we all pay more attention to the first example, I don't think the second one should be overlooked at all. It's the modern, intelligent woman that can make a difference.

Also, celebrities are people just like you and me, it's just that their flaws and ocassional slip-ups are watched closely by the public eye. Hence the reading material (:
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 22nd, 2007 at 03:21am
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:

I mean, look at the people who are being shoved down young girl's throats. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, the Olsens, etc..., Ten year old girls are reading magazines with anorexic twenty-one year olds in rehab.

at least for the Birtney part, I think most girls [and even guys for the most part] understand that that isn't how they want to end up; in a nasty divorce, rehab and other family issue. People are learning from these celebrities "mistakes".
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:43pm
I would just like to say in defense of Ms. Spears that at one time, she was a very positive role model for young girls. She was my role model and inspired me to learn music and sing.

But as she grew older and became more sexual, a lot of preteen and teen girls tried to make the transformation with her.
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
August 25th, 2007 at 03:26am
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Ellaisonfire:
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:

Actually, I think a fine number of young women know better than to imitate that kind of lifestyle. There's the generic teenage girl who looks up to celebrities for no obvious reason and tries to copy their every move, but there are also girls who are inspired by those magazines to thrive on better. And even though we all pay more attention to the first example, I don't think the second one should be overlooked at all. It's the modern, intelligent woman that can make a difference.

Also, celebrities are people just like you and me, it's just that their flaws and ocassional slip-ups are watched closely by the public eye. Hence the reading material (:

Not in any high school's I've seen. I've seen way more young girls looking up to people like Britney Spears than most other female celebs.

I know that. However, celebrities are in a position of power. Snorting coke in a bathroom and calling a girl who weighs 120lbs fat is an abuse of power, and unfortunately, a lot of young women who are shoved down our throats the most are like that.

I remember in 2nd grade (so we were 7 and 8 ) we all had to do "dance routines" for some reason i no longer remember. We did it in pairs, or alone. they're were 13 girls in my class (i was left partnerless). every pair of the girls dance groups performed to the song, you drive me crazy by brittany spears. I did mine to I'm gonna be a mighty king from Lion King (you know that song rocks). Anyway Brittany Spears was a part of most 8 year old girls. They knew all the lyrics and every move from her videos that they saw on MTV. her songs were all over the radio and the TV. You couldn't watch Rugrats without seeing her face or hearing her songs.

Now that I'm in high school most girls still like Brittany (along with the other pop sensations of the late 1990's) and do some of the things that she sung about in her songs. it's because they all despertly want to be popular and they want to be liked by boys. They grew up with the idea that you need to be someone like Brittany to be fit in. My experiance with high school is that most people just want to be popular and cool and don't give a crap about anything else (like they're future).
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 1st, 2007 at 08:29pm
I thought this article was very relevant to the topic. Its about children's clothing from the point of view of a mother. Make of it what you will.
Skittles.
Geek
Skittles.

Mibba
September 12th, 2007 at 02:58am
I agree girls are growing up way too fast. Of course getting a period at this age isn't anyone's fault. I got my first period at the beginning of fifth grade. No one can help that.
But they can help not wearing so much make up, for the most part they look absolutely horrible in too much. I mean have you ever seen a nine year old wearing mascara, eye shadow, liner and the whole nine yards? It looks horrid. I feel like dying when I see those things.
And the clothes. For God's sake. Like who's going to get a date at eleven? And go by yourself? You can't expect your parents to NOT be there at the movies WITH you. I'm getting sick of "She's going out with him" and "He likes her." GOD PEOPLE. WHO CARES? SECOND - Jesus, they've been doing that since fifth or fourth grade. "I'm going out with that dude" whenever I hear that, I'd like to say "WTF?! You're like ten frikken years old!!!"
And this mean girl shit. What the hell? Why do they have to do that in fifth grade?! You're not supposed to get that kind of pressure until highschool. I mean, there's this chick I know named Rachael, and since FOURTH GRADE she has been considered "popular" and the most wanted girl in school. Fuck!
About the cellphones, well, not all of it is the kid's fault. I'll admit every girl wants a cell phone now. But sometimes parents force cell phones for emergencies, and such...like if they get in trouble, someone abducts them, the parent is late to pick them up at school, those kinda things. I personally DO have a cell phone, but I never talk on it much. And the only people that call me was my friend Ashley which has stopped and my family, so it's now only my family...I admit. I'm sort of spoiled though...
So that concludes my thoughts.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
September 12th, 2007 at 07:17am
Skittles.:
I'll admit every girl wants a cell phone now.

Uhm no.
I don't need or want a cell phone. I know a few people whose parents gave them cell phones in case of emergencies, and they never use them except for that.

At 14 or so, some people getting cell phones is acceptable. Some people become really social around that age, and they need to call their friends to meet up and whatever.
But at ages 9 and 10, they're completely unnecessary.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 12th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Matt Bellamy:
But at ages 9 and 10, they're completely unnecessary.
That's probably what your parents said about kids your age and computers when they were younger.

When it comes to technology, it's relative to the times, which of course is different depending on your perception which usually relies on your age. Soon, it's be normal for nine year olds to have iPods. I don't even have one yet. MP3 quality is shit and hurts my ears. Coolio
Skittles.
Geek
Skittles.

Mibba
September 13th, 2007 at 02:27am
I have an iPod. x]
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
September 13th, 2007 at 05:40am
But years ago, the computer really didn't have that much on it to appeal to nine year olds. The internet's gotten a lot broader over the past few years, and actually has things aimed at younger kids.

If there's a nine year old out there with enough music to need an iPod, then I don't see a problem with it.
But most nine year olds don't even listen to music, and those who do probably don't have more than 800 megs or something.
Register