Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Love

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2009 at 07:04am
...when I was 14 (which is AGES ago) boys were still "ewwwww" and nowadays kids have sex at the age of 12, wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!
LittleSister
Falling In Love With The Board
LittleSister
March 16th, 2009 at 10:21am
give them more mtv and teen magazines, and they start having sex even earlier. i remember that when i was in junior high school (that is from 14-16 years old), we were not allowed to wear any make-up at school. not even lash mascara. and i didnt find this offending at all. why the hell wear make up when some girls are still not wearing their bras? Razz
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2009 at 02:58pm
LittleSister:
give them more mtv and teen magazines, and they start having sex even earlier
Do you really think blaming the media will solve anything?
LittleSister
LittleSister
March 16th, 2009 at 03:15pm
Kurtni:
LittleSister:
give them more mtv and teen magazines, and they start having sex even earlier
Do you really think blaming the media will solve anything?

not everything, but one can't underestimate its impact. i don't think all the girls are born with the pressure to be 'sexy' imprinted in their minds. it's always coming from the outside world and kids do take their models from somewhere. i don't deny editors, directors and all those guys their right to write, show and sell whatever they like; we've got free market and that's what's happening. i may personally find this kinda disgusting, but does it make any difference?
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2009 at 10:57am
When I was six years old my friend slept over, she was seven, and out of the blue she just started giving me a sex talk!

Needless to say I couldn't sleep for a LONG TIME. Especially since she said that I could get raped in my sleep.

Her first time ended up being like, four or five years later in a movie theatre.

And she learned this from her sister. So I think it actually it gets handed down from one whore to another...
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
March 23rd, 2009 at 05:04pm
Love:
...when I was 14 (which is AGES ago) boys were still "ewwwww" and nowadays kids have sex at the age of 12, wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!

The sex part for me is still all 'eeeeeeewwwww' =|
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
March 25th, 2009 at 04:55am
Love:

LOL.
The whole sex thing, I don't see how you could not giggle through the 'talk' even if you were 30. I'd probably still gag, too.

I don't think most kids know what 'sex' is anyway. They don't get the talk from their parents or teachers or a book, they get it from TV now. I mean, I CANNOT watch a TV show or listen to the radio without hearing something related to that. It's not funny either.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
March 25th, 2009 at 04:59am
Ze Mole:
Needless to say I couldn't sleep for a LONG TIME. Especially since she said that I could get raped in my sleep.

Yeah, I was at a sleepover when I was little-ER and everyone was all "Lock the doors and windows incase a creeper comes in and rapes us D: ! Then murders us and they'll be blood all over the walls D: !" These kids should stop watching LAW AND ORDER. Neutral
Skippy.
Skippy.

Mibba
March 26th, 2009 at 02:57am
I wouldn't ever have sex under age. It sounds somewhat painful anyway. :/
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
March 26th, 2009 at 03:11am
mgmt.:
I wouldn't ever have sex under age. It sounds somewhat painful anyway. :/

ikr Neutral icky man D:
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
March 29th, 2009 at 06:17pm
well we're contributing greatly to the discussion by arguing how gross sex is
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 29th, 2009 at 11:27pm
newagecarny:
well we're contributing greatly to the discussion by arguing how gross sex is
when it really isn't gross at all.
sebspaceman
Geek
sebspaceman
March 30th, 2009 at 09:45pm
Ze Mole:
When I was six years old my friend slept over, she was seven, and out of the blue she just started giving me a sex talk!

Her first time ended up being like, four or five years later in a movie theatre.

And she learned this from her sister. So I think it actually it gets handed down from one whore to another...

lol, i had a remotely similar experience. I 12 year old chick tried talking me into sex (as far as bringing me to a remote garage and taking of her pants and telling me to undress) when I was 8 or 9. Quite a trauma, i must say :p
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
March 31st, 2009 at 11:30pm
Sure, there's the side where girls are growing up too fast and having sex way too early, but there's also another side where they wait.

Whether it's waiting for the right guy or waiting until marriage, they're waiting. I personally waited for the right man to come into my life and I don't think I grew up too fast at all. 17 was an age I felt I was mentally ready for something like that. I'm not embarrassed to talk about that really. I AM embarrassed however to talk about details or anything like that with anyone...sometimes even with my boyfriend (but I get passed that eventually). But seriously, it all depends on how you were raised and your own personal beliefs.

I drive around in my neighborhood where there is an elementary school and I see girls in the 6th grade who look like they're the "whores" I went to High School with! That's when I just shake my head and hope life slaps them in the face.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
March 31st, 2009 at 11:59pm
Today my mum told me about her friend's granddaughter that just turned 7. her mum caught her and her friend (a boy) kissing in her room. When the little girl explained to her mum, she said that their friends made fun of them for having never kissed another boy/girl. I thought that was gross. I never kissed a boy till I was 13. Which is a way more acceptable age I think.

Then again I suppose I'm a hypocrite for saying girls are growing up too fast.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
April 1st, 2009 at 12:20am
^Damn, now 7 is way too early. My goodness.

I was sixteen!! At 7 I wasn't even THINKING of cute boys....
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
April 1st, 2009 at 04:29am
^ I'm 12 and I haven't kissed a guy yet o_o Freaking hell, 7 ? ~baffled ~
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 1st, 2009 at 10:19pm
dysLEXIa:

Not really. It's kissing. Kids emulate what they see, most little kids that age do stuff like that. They're experimenting, it's not serious. It isn't as if they're going to go off and have a big orgy in the sandbox or something.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
April 1st, 2009 at 11:51pm
^Yes that's true, but it was from pressure on both of them that they haven't kissed anyone yet.

That shows that many around that age are already experimenting, and if they see kissing as "no big deal", then imagine what they'll get into the next closely-followed years...
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 2nd, 2009 at 01:40pm
Kurtni:
dysLEXIa:

Not really. It's kissing. Kids emulate what they see, most little kids that age do stuff like that. They're experimenting, it's not serious. It isn't as if they're going to go off and have a big orgy in the sandbox or something.
In my town, most kids apparently had ~sex (as in they would go into some playroom or whatever,got naked and just like, layed on top of eachother, because they didn't really know what to do) with eachother in kindergarten. This never happened to me because I didn't go to kindergarten in this town, but idk if this happens in other places in my country but like, woah. They knew what it was and what it looked like, but not excactly how it worked.

We did know what sex was when I was in kindergarten, but noone I knew acted it out as far as I know. But I was pretty freaked out when I found out.
Register