Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2009 at 11:31am
BelaFarinRod:
I think girls my age are deteriorating their minds. I know a lot of the girls that could really be my friend if they wanted to, but there's a difference between me and them. They can only have a good time by getting shitfaced. That's their idea of fun. Personally, I never see that as fun. I see people who are so drunk they just do whatever, because they're not in their right mind. I don't see that as an excuse to act like a complete moron.
To me, there's nothing wrong with the ocassional party, and the ocassional drunkenness, but the girls I know do it OFTEN. Almost every weekend they come back from school, I hear their stories. And they think it is just ~good times~
well if killing your brain cells is a good time, if fucking up your maturity growth is a good time, I'd rather have a future. They talk about their college life as parties. Not once do they really say what they would like to study, and I mean, that doesn't mean they have to know, but they talk about the best party school to go to.
If they REALLY want to pay a hefty amount of tuition to go to a decent college so they can piss it away by getting trashed, then I can't say I have sympathy for them.

Agreed, 100%. It's ridiculous how little a lot of people care. And then my friends nag me for being 'uptight.' I'm not uptight, I just know I'm capable of doing something with my life and I'm going to take advantage of that.
*whatserface*
Geek
*whatserface*

Blog
June 24th, 2009 at 12:25am
Yes. Okay, I am 15 and I am ashamed of a lot of girls at my school. It's like they have no respect for themselves. Posting half naked pictures of themselves on Myspace and whatnot, wearing inappropriate clothing, getting drunk, doing drugs, and having sex with random guys.
OH and don't get me started with the clubs. We have several underage clubs in our city, and the first time I went, I was shocked. Guys just come up to you and start GRINDING (sounds kinda violent tehe ) on girls. And they're okay with it. The guys touch and feel and ugh it's disgusting. I danced with a few random guys because I felt like I had to. But then I was like NO. Hand But the girls go along with it. The guy comes up to you, says nothing, grinds for a while, and leaves. No talking, nothing. It's gross. And we are talking about 15 years and under girls.
Anyways, I don't think that girls these days have a lot of good role models (celebrity wise, because let's face it, girls look up to famous people). Think about it. Who is a good celebrity role model? I can think of a few... But not many. Girls need to have respect for themselves.

R E S P E C T
goldenyears
Geek
goldenyears
June 26th, 2009 at 12:21pm
To be completely honest, no. I do think that a lot of girls do things that are completely inappropriate for their age/somewhat wrong morally/just plain strange.

But growing up is not plastering yourself in makeup and owning a mobile phone, or having sex at the youngest age possible.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
July 12th, 2009 at 11:36pm
Lex Whiterose.:
To be completely honest, no. I do think that a lot of girls do things that are completely inappropriate for their age/somewhat wrong morally/just plain strange.

But growing up is not plastering yourself in makeup and owning a mobile phone, or having sex at the youngest age possible.
but the problem is, the young girls that do these things seem to think so. They seem to lead themselves into a false sense of security where they think it's okay to do this or that..
DextersDarkPassenger
Geek
DextersDarkPassenger
July 16th, 2009 at 04:06pm
yes they are. im only 16 i know, but only a few weeks ago i had my first kiss but i felt to young myself, and iv just found out tht my mate who is only 14 has lost her virginity :/ n i dno what to say to her. she says it was right for her... but cmon at 14 i rly dnt think you know what feels right. so yh girls are growing up to fast, this is coming from someone who is still just a girl.

and plz can i ask for help as to what to say to my friend?
Ashlee Cool.
Banned
Ashlee Cool.
July 17th, 2009 at 03:36pm
Yesss I Think They Are. I'm 13 And I'm Trying To say Young As Long As Possible. All The Girl In My School Are Abit Stuck Up Including My Sister And I HATE That Sooo Such + They Keep Say Greenday Isn't Music =[ Alsoo x.hollywolly Almost All The Girls In My School Have =/ Their Slagsss :L
Not Alison
Basket Case
Not Alison

Blog
July 17th, 2009 at 11:37pm
We all have to grow up sometime, but our generation is way out of centext. My eight year old sister has a Verizon Voyager, has a boyfriend who she does go out with, and wear makeup. Yes, she is eight. Not a typo. Don't feel pressured to try anything you;re not ready to. I wouldn't, I don't, I won't.
LAL
Geek
LAL
July 18th, 2009 at 05:08pm
dare deffinetily growing up too fast. like when me and my friends were 12 we were more interested in having fun nowadays 12 year olds are going off having boyfriends, watching dare weight and possibly drinking....its rediculous like
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
July 20th, 2009 at 10:01pm
LAL:
dare deffinetily growing up too fast. like when me and my friends were 12 we were more interested in having fun nowadays 12 year olds are going off having boyfriends, watching dare weight and possibly drinking....its rediculous like

Well I'm definitely 12, and I have boyfriends, but the fact is that I won't even go as far as making out with any of them, I only kissed one of my boyfriends my whole life, and I totally do not have 'doing it' in the picture until I'm at least older.
Just my friends are kinda overboard and come to school with hickeys.
I guess some are, but some are still smart enough Faith
Mike Dirnt.
King For A Couple Of Days
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 21st, 2009 at 08:59am
Lex Whiterose.:

Coffee
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
July 21st, 2009 at 01:13pm
'Growing up' is learning new things.

Some people just chose to do it in an incoherent way.
gdgeek513
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
gdgeek513

Mibba
August 17th, 2009 at 09:14pm
In my school, most of the girls walk around dressing like sluts. And its absolutely disgusting what I've seen girls wear at my school. Two girls came to my school wearing booty shorts and a belly shirt. It's revolting. Cell phones don't piss me off but when I hear beeping from girls texting each other from across, it gets irritating. What gets me is that a year ago, I came to school wearing jeans that were ripped at the jeans and I was sent home for inappropriate clothing. They recently changed those rules, but it still pisses me off.
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
August 24th, 2009 at 12:34pm
i think its a little rediculous what some girls are like when there young. but its just a lot of propoganda. and people grow up and mature in there own time, and ther own ways.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
August 24th, 2009 at 01:35pm
Or, today, it's just everyone trying to be like everyone else, boys and girls.
wanting to grow up to fast.

I hate when I see little kids drinking coffee -_-
I can't stand that at alll.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 24th, 2009 at 01:39pm
BillyJoezzz:
like all the gurls in my grade wear short shorts and im like omg im not gonna b a slut i wear shortrs that go to my knees and nothin shorter i dont like showing my legs...i dont wear make up well sometime eye liner i dont use my phone anymore
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao annnddddd that's from a 11 year old me Razz
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
August 24th, 2009 at 01:45pm
lmfao, that's great XDXDXD
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 24th, 2009 at 01:59pm
SidKnee.: