Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 21st, 2009 at 06:20pm
no its kinda restricts alot of people's happiness.
there's much more to life than being successful.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
April 28th, 2009 at 09:58am
I think girls my age are deteriorating their minds. I know a lot of the girls that could really be my friend if they wanted to, but there's a difference between me and them. They can only have a good time by getting shitfaced. That's their idea of fun. Personally, I never see that as fun. I see people who are so drunk they just do whatever, because they're not in their right mind. I don't see that as an excuse to act like a complete moron.
To me, there's nothing wrong with the ocassional party, and the ocassional drunkenness, but the girls I know do it OFTEN. Almost every weekend they come back from school, I hear their stories. And they think it is just ~good times~
well if killing your brain cells is a good time, if fucking up your maturity growth is a good time, I'd rather have a future. They talk about their college life as parties. Not once do they really say what they would like to study, and I mean, that doesn't mean they have to know, but they talk about the best party school to go to.
If they REALLY want to pay a hefty amount of tuition to go to a decent college so they can piss it away by getting trashed, then I can't say I have sympathy for them.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 30th, 2009 at 10:19pm
^oh so true.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
May 1st, 2009 at 11:50pm
also, the girls who get pregnant (intentionally) at this young age, well, I'm sorry, but it's fucking ridiculous
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
May 2nd, 2009 at 02:59am
^Yeah, I hear that.

I graduated from high school, but my sister is still there and she tells me that it's so much more common that she has at least one pregnant girl in each of her classes...and some of them (many of them) have lower level grades. She's a Junior. :/
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
May 14th, 2009 at 10:17pm
Yeah, high school is just blah, with it's pregnancies.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
May 16th, 2009 at 06:02am
^ I shouldn't have laughed about that D:
Effy
Addict
Effy
May 17th, 2009 at 07:25am
I don't have any pregnancies at my school, as far as I know that is. Which is a good thing ofcourse. I don't think girls are growing up too fast, they just immitate the wrong women.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
May 28th, 2009 at 11:41pm
I guess it depends on what you mean by 'growing up'...
I think that girls think that they've grown up fast because of this or that that's happened in their lives, or because boys suddenly find them attractive like the girls on T.V. and in movies and on those glossy pages of magazines...

Personally, I started wearing makeup in the 5th grade and lost my virginity when I was 14, 2 months, and 26 days old...
Granted, I really do love him, and I'm still with him.
But do I think it helped me grow up?
Not one bit.
Sexual maturity doesn't equal plain ol' maturity.

I know that doesn't totally go with the topic, and that fact is bugging me quite a bit... Maybe I'll blog about this so I don't have a preset topic... Maybe I'll... I digress.
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2009 at 10:21am
BelaFarinRod:
also, the girls who get pregnant (intentionally) at this young age, well, I'm sorry, but it's fucking ridiculous
What if they don't get pregnant intentionally?

I have a friend who's a sophomore in high school and she's pregnant.
Aylin's Inferno!
Geek
Aylin's Inferno!
June 4th, 2009 at 05:31pm
i dont think girls are growin up too fast...it depend on who u ask and where u ask ...
The Rev.
The Rev.

Blog
June 4th, 2009 at 06:45pm
Most definitely!
Physically and mentally i would say.
They have the thoughts of adults.
Do you think it's normal for 10/11 yr old girls to say tht "they wanna go out" w/ "a hot guy"?
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
June 5th, 2009 at 06:38pm
Viva La Marie!:
Most definitely!
Physically and mentally i would say.
They have the thoughts of adults.
Do you think it's normal for 10/11 yr old girls to say tht "they wanna go out" w/ "a hot guy"?

From what I've seen, the want for girls that age to sat hot guys has stemmed from programs such as Hannah Montana, The Olsen Twins and so on.

They see the people they idolize crushing on all of these hot boys and thats where it comes from.

Of course, this is no reason to further hate on Hannah Montana or The Olsen Twins.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
June 6th, 2009 at 12:19pm
BelaFarinRod:
i think they're to be pitied, to be honest. i think most of them, if you ask, they'll say they want to be loved, or they're lonely, or they want something to look after and a purpose to exist. it sounds really stupid when put flatly like that, but i know quite a few girls who were 15, 16 who said they'd love to have babies. all of them were really low and feeling stuck. so in their heads it was like baby = love = happiness.
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
June 7th, 2009 at 12:34pm
Jesse Lacey:
BelaFarinRod:

...i think that if you aren't mature and responsible enough to either get on birth control or buy condoms, you obv aren't mature enough to be having sex at all. there's no excuse to be pregnant, besides maybe rape....

idk. its sad, really sad how early things are happening....
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2009 at 12:45pm
west satan somewhere:
...i think that if you aren't mature and responsible enough to either get on birth control or buy condoms, you obv aren't mature enough to be having sex at all.

And one is obviously not mature enough to be a mother, either.

west satan somewhere:
there's no excuse to be pregnant, besides maybe rape....

Failed contraceptives, maybe?
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
June 7th, 2009 at 12:55pm
Bloodraine:
Failed contraceptives, maybe?

haha....i actually have some sympathies there...99.9 percent is what led to my nephew....

i understand the failed contraceptives. i left it out though, because i think that for the most part pregnant teens are the ones who didnt try NOT to be. failed contraceptives, rape, hand of god....extreme circumstances are understandable. in my mind, anyway...
norwegian wood.
Geek
norwegian wood.
June 10th, 2009 at 08:58am
Teen pregnancy is RIFE at my school. The amount of pregnancies and miscarriages and actual babies is scary. I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm not one to talk about losing your virginity early because mine went at 13/14. It sure as hell didn't help me mature properly - I shouldn't have been having sex then, at all. I understand how and why people lose it so young - you're curious and you want to try it. I was never under peer pressure - out of my friends I was the first to lose it, and even now, some of my friends haven't had sex. It's not a thing in my social circle, but otherwise it's basically who you are. People are sorted into who's had sex and who hasn't. And then further divided into complete sluts or people who've only had sex with their significant others. The list goes on.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
June 14th, 2009 at 12:17am
Mark O'Connell:
BelaFarinRod:

then they shouldn't have sex...! that's pretty simple imo.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
June 14th, 2009 at 12:18am
transylvagina:
i think they're to be pitied, to be honest. i think most of them, if you ask, they'll say they want to be loved, or they're lonely, or they want something to look after and a purpose to exist. it sounds really stupid when put flatly like that, but i know quite a few girls who were 15, 16 who said they'd love to have babies. all of them were really low and feeling stuck. so in their heads it was like baby = love = happiness.
I know, I understand that some of these girls are really lonely and miserable, and that is terrible. but some of them do no better, they just don't care.
Register