Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
Comrade182
Comrade182
August 25th, 2009 at 06:53am
jax:
but when do we ever hear about girls getting into the best schools and universities? hardly ever because that news doesn't sell.

Actually I hear/read things quite often about woman/girls who are achieving things other woman haven't.
There was an entire double page in a newspaper dedicated to the first female beef eater at the Tower of London once.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 28th, 2009 at 03:01pm
^ Oh I remember that History class well.....

If you want some evidence of girls growing up too fast and not knowing what to do with themselves then you should watch 'Under age and Pregnant'. It's wild. One girl was only 13 and like 12 weeks gone.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
August 28th, 2009 at 04:49pm
my friend was in double figures of people she'd had sex with aged 13.

...and had to have a little operation to reverse the effects of one of them No

she and one of my other friends had to have their stomachs pumped at 12.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I have absolutely no desire to be like them in any way.
Viva la Jenna!
Jackass
Viva la Jenna!

Mibba
September 2nd, 2009 at 08:36am
I blame the media. They show girls that when you get to be like, fifteen or sixteen, you get to do all kinds of things that as a youngster you can't. Wear nice clothes that show off your body, date, drive, wear make up, etc.
They think that these thing are cool and the faster they grow up, the sooner they get to achevie that.
RoseyRadioactive
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RoseyRadioactive
September 10th, 2009 at 06:05pm
Okay, cell phones okay--- to an extent. Of course for obvious safety reasons, but yeah its crazy.

I'm a senior in high school, and freshman are raving, and doing ecstasy, and smoking, and having sex.

They can't just be kids anymore. It's depressing. ):
emmers_91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
emmers_91
September 11th, 2009 at 02:58pm
no one wants to be a kid, fully

they want to party and be adult and sleep with whoever they want....cause it makes them feel older....

but when responsibility hits......they don't wanna handle it.....

they aren't growing up too fast...they are just being ignorant and not understanding what it means to be an adult
Comrade182
Comrade182
September 11th, 2009 at 03:06pm
Proof is merely a click away
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
October 2nd, 2010 at 07:57pm
x.hollywolly:
yes they are. im only 16 i know, but only a few weeks ago i had my first kiss but i felt to young myself, and iv just found out tht my mate who is only 14 has lost her virginity :/ n i dno what to say to her. she says it was right for her... but cmon at 14 i rly dnt think you know what feels right. so yh girls are growing up to fast, this is coming from someone who is still just a girl.

and plz can i ask for help as to what to say to my friend?

If she really tought it was right for her it was, the one thing i would ask if she done it safe?? But that is me Smile
I do understand your feeling but your feeling isn't hers, just respect her choice and be her friend.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
October 2nd, 2010 at 08:06pm
emmers_91:
no one wants to be a kid, fully

they want to party and be adult and sleep with whoever they want....cause it makes them feel older....

but when responsibility hits......they don't wanna handle it.....

they aren't growing up too fast...they are just being ignorant and not understanding what it means to be an adult

Isn't that the whole reason for being a kid?? Being ignorant what it means to be an adult tehe

I wish i enjoyed being a kid more (in the sence that we did think and concider everything) and so do alot of my friends we where way to serious way to young we came into our own in our 20's, We had fun at uni Very Happy but still.
I think the most importent bit is that the young girls don't do anything they don't want to do and don't cave into peer pressure to easily. And i hope that grown-ups inform them about drugs, sex, friends and other importend things for teens in time to be of any use.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 8th, 2010 at 10:31am
kids in general are growing up too fast,
my cousins of 10 & 12 are talking about making out with their "hot girlfriends", going out, drinking, looking good. And you should see the things they put on their facebook pages. It disturbs me, they're only kids.
At 13/14 my mates at school started having sex. It's seriously wrong that their parents even allowed those sleepovers.
while you're young you should enjoy youth while its there, wait till you're 16/properly hit puberty to stress over boys/girls -_-'
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
October 8th, 2010 at 11:03am
I personally think everyone is growing up too fast. There's children a few years younger than me who have started drinking alchohol and taking various drugs because they think it makes them look dangerous or "cool". I've seen eleven year olds in town wearing high heels and not much clothing at all. I think the pressure to look "good" like that is more put on the girls. But the boys are growing up too fast with all the drugs and stuff too.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
October 9th, 2010 at 11:22am
I didn't grow up too fast. I feel like this generation of teenagers wants to feel good about themselves and so they do what the media tells them to do. I've been watching "16 And Pregnant" ever since the first season came out and it makes me sad when I see kids who are younger than me drinking and smoking.
CrapCake
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
CrapCake
October 11th, 2010 at 12:29pm
The girls in my class post pictures of themselves in push-up bras of Facebook and put it as profile picture, it's creepy because they're only 13
And then they get alot of comments from other guys saying they're hot
Not Alison
Basket Case
Not Alison

Blog
October 11th, 2010 at 02:51pm
My nine year old sister frets about what she wears, is on a 'diet,' and my mother lets her shop in Victoria's Secret. She has a cell phone and a Facebook account. Yeah, she's nine. She even wears a bra with cups which she 100% does not need yet. She liked getting her nails done and dyes her hair.
You tell me what that is - her friends all do it too. When I was nine I liked playing video games and running around in the woods.
Something is wrong here. Sometimes I want to slap my mom across the face, because I'm positive this girl's going to end up being a slut or knocked up at 16.

At the same time, I think I grew up too fast. I'm dating my mom's best friends son. We've been together for 3 years. They allowe sleepovers and stuff... he's graduating high school this year and has a job lined up. I'm throwing away my life to be with him. I'm a smart girl and I'd love to go to college... but I can't. I don't know. I was just 'saved' too young.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
October 11th, 2010 at 05:45pm
Not Alison:
My nine year old sister frets about what she wears, is on a 'diet,' and my mother lets her shop in Victoria's Secret. She has a cell phone and a Facebook account. Yeah, she's nine. She even wears a bra with cups which she 100% does not need yet. She liked getting her nails done and dyes her hair.
You tell me what that is - her friends all do it too. When I was nine I liked playing video games and running around in the woods.
Something is wrong here. Sometimes I want to slap my mom across the face, because I'm positive this girl's going to end up being a slut or knocked up at 16.

At the same time, I think I grew up too fast. I'm dating my mom's best friends son. We've been together for 3 years. They allowe sleepovers and stuff... he's graduating high school this year and has a job lined up. I'm throwing away my life to be with him. I'm a smart girl and I'd love to go to college... but I can't. I don't know. I was just 'saved' too young.
i agree with you, but at the same time, we develop all the time. and yeah, that includes cell phones and facebook. it's too late to stop it, and if we forbid it, it's only more attractive. i just think it's a shame that 9 year old girls want to wear bras with cups so they can take pictures of themselves to put on facebook... because they see their friends do it and their friends older sisters do it too, but the truth is, very few nine year olds know what it means to take those pictures of themselves, and how older people view them. and i'd say that nine year olds aren't ready to do what some of those pictures suggest, sometimes.
i don't know what you mean by 'saved too young', though?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
October 11th, 2010 at 11:08pm
CrapCake:
The girls in my class post pictures of themselves in push-up bras of Facebook and put it as profile picture, it's creepy because they're only 13
And then they get alot of comments from other guys saying they're hot

Yeah I see a lot of this from people your age.
I think the internet is just advancing the process.
Like, when I was in grade 7, Mark Zuckerberg had only just invented facebook, it wasn't mainstream yet. I didn't know ANYONE with their own mobile until grade 9. Maybe one in a few owned their own digital camera. As it were, there was no real means or reason to go around taking slutty pictures of yourself, because where would you post them and who would see them? There was just no point. But that's wayyy different now.

Like I feel like my geezer grandpa saying stuff like that, but it's true! Technology changes that fast and I think that is contributing to the girls growing up too fast. That and the music industry oc.
Not Alison
Basket Case
Not Alison

Blog
October 12th, 2010 at 06:14am
ocean avenue:
Not Alison:

i agree with you, but at the same time, we develop all the time. and yeah, that includes cell phones and facebook. it's too late to stop it, and if we forbid it, it's only more attractive. i just think it's a shame that 9 year old girls want to wear bras with cups so they can take pictures of themselves to put on facebook... because they see their friends do it and their friends older sisters do it too, but the truth is, very few nine year olds know what it means to take those pictures of themselves, and how older people view them. and i'd say that nine year olds aren't ready to do what some of those pictures suggest, sometimes.
i don't know what you mean by 'saved too young', though?

Well, i mean the Facebook thing isn't that bad. My mom monitors it and what she posts and she hasn't started the 'picture taking' frenzy like some other girls her age.
For myself, I mean I was saved... well quite literally. My goals right now are to keep up with my AP work in school and help my boyfriend find a job. He 'saved' me. I don't have to worry about going out and trying to find love or make a life, I feel like i have the start of that already.
out_sider.x
Geek
out_sider.x
October 17th, 2010 at 01:45pm
Kids are ignorant little fuckers these days.
Well, most of them anyway.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
October 17th, 2010 at 02:19pm
^made me laugh cause you're still a kid
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
October 17th, 2010 at 07:56pm
I agree. 13 is still a kid.