Do you think talking online is as dangerous as people think

AuthorMessage
Basketcase463
King For A Couple Of Days
Basketcase463
January 15th, 2006 at 05:59pm
yes and no... no for most people though... im bad at wording stuff...

i used to have aol, but when i was in 6th grade my "best friend" (im not friends with her anymore loooooooong story) said that real friends give eachother their aol passwords , me being an idiot gave it to her, she went on my name, cybered with about 4 or 5 people and one of them reported her to aol, so my parents got an email that had the whole conversation on it (she said some pretty gross things) and my parents took aol away because since it was my name they figured it was me, i told them the whole thing about how we gave eachother our passwords and she even told me she did it when i confronted her but my parents still dont believe me, and 2 years later im still not allowed to have instant messanger because of this whole thing i didnt do, but it gets me really upset the fact that my parents didnt trust me enough when i told them i didnt do it
*~Extraordinary_Girl~*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*~Extraordinary_Girl~*
January 15th, 2006 at 09:58pm
Idk I think a lot of people overplay it big time. U just gotta be smart with that kinda shit. Don't meet people u don't kno, and don't give out your adress or crap about that, that's all there is to it. But I think it's definitaly overplayed. My dad freaks out cuz I say I'm from Colorado. shit, that doesn't matter, Colorado's a big fucking state! like someone could really find me by that info. but anywho, its definitaly not as dangerous as people tend to think
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 16th, 2006 at 10:53pm
there are a few people on here I'd like to rape but other than that I think the internet is safe

kids young and naive enough to give any harmful info away shouldn't even have contact over the internet
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
January 16th, 2006 at 11:44pm
nah i wanted to fuck someone at a forum and they thought i was a stalker and shit but um actually the people that come out and say it probabaly arent. the ones that fake it and pretend to be someone else are probabaly the pedophiles.

but i've been on the net long enough to know.

one i was new to the net i talked to a pedophile and was gonna meet him but now i just fucking block them stright away. and you can tell the way they talk real easily.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
January 17th, 2006 at 01:29pm
I have 'swapped info' with one person, and I met her on a Green Day site, talked to her for almost a year, and she gave me her info too. So I wasn't all that bothered. And also, I wouldn't meet someone like that without taking someone with me.
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
January 17th, 2006 at 03:33pm
Just be carefull.
laughingonlyme
Idiot
laughingonlyme
January 17th, 2006 at 05:36pm
Yes, and no. You have to just use common sense.

I met a person from a Harry Potter website and we're really good friends now, and have been talking for over a year. My parents know about it too, so, it's not like I'm secretly hiding anything.

But, if you're gonna talk to people on the internet, just don't give out personal info. Think safety first.
babybasketcase
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
babybasketcase
January 17th, 2006 at 09:25pm
It all depends just go with your instinct if you're talking to someone who sounds strange and i don't mean taht in a good way then just go along with it and be smart
[/img]
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
January 17th, 2006 at 09:27pm
only places without admins and stuff.

those nasty chat rooms are dangerous.
goth_chick
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
goth_chick
January 18th, 2006 at 03:27am
yeh i agree...I mean if your on msn and ur talking to this freak o a dude u can just block him and hes gone..but yeh its different if ur like telling them info like where you live and stuff........
lostandconfuzzled
Geek
lostandconfuzzled
January 19th, 2006 at 06:23am
i think it's ok until you start telling people you don't know private info like your address, phone number, etc....
A I D E N R O C K
Geek
A I D E N R O C K
January 19th, 2006 at 07:06am
the only dangerous onesare the chat things and stuff like wicked colors i was n that and i was so scared when someone asked me to meet
i just said no
Big momma
Geek
Big momma
January 19th, 2006 at 12:32pm
I talk online to heap of people and I see their piccies. Most of them are mums who have been contacted through groups and things so i think its ok. Some have been dads and they have been perverts too so don't chat to them now. I have actually met 1 mum and she was lovely so I dont think its all bad
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 19th, 2006 at 07:19pm
spill_no_sick:
there are a few people on here I'd like to rape but other than that I think the internet is safe

kids young and naive enough to give any harmful info away shouldn't even have contact over the internet

Kind of inherently contradictory there...

I agree with the second bit though. And I must add that I utterly disapprove of children under eight having unsupervised access to the internet at all, regardless of how smart they may be about it.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
January 19th, 2006 at 10:37pm
i had a girlfriend online on yahoo messenger but I haven't been on yahoo forever. I used to IM random people in chat rooms and say random shit to them since I had like seven usernames. Good times

why is my post count back to 303?
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
January 20th, 2006 at 12:01am
Yes, in certain situations, it can be very dangerous. My mother can be very pessemistic and whenever she sees a report on the news about an internet blog, she'll be iffy about letting me on the net. It is true that you can't be sure someone is really that someone. Ha. For all you guys know, I can be some random 75 year old pervert. o_0

Okay, seriously. I've been asked out over the net twice. Only times I've ever been asked out. Once was by someone I still don't know, he forgot all about it, I'm not planning on meeting him...do'nt even think it was real. Second one was by someone I've known forever. He was drunk, so it wasn't real either. Anyone on myspace or anywhere that tries to make a hit on me, I act like I'm not interested, and I'm not. If they dont' back down, I block em. That easy. Hasnt' happened yet, but if it does, boom.
lauraluvsGreenDay
Geek
lauraluvsGreenDay
January 20th, 2006 at 12:40am
Whatsername_:
Yes, in certain situations, it can be very dangerous. My mother can be very pessemistic and whenever she sees a report on the news about an internet blog, she'll be iffy about letting me on the net. It is true that you can't be sure someone is really that someone. Ha. For all you guys know, I can be some random 75 year old pervert. o_0

Okay, seriously. I've been asked out over the net twice. Only times I've ever been asked out. Once was by someone I still don't know, he forgot all about it, I'm not planning on meeting him...do'nt even think it was real. Second one was by someone I've known forever. He was drunk, so it wasn't real either. Anyone on myspace or anywhere that tries to make a hit on me, I act like I'm not interested, and I'm not. If they dont' back down, I block em. That easy. Hasnt' happened yet, but if it does, boom.

Same with my mum but really who could blame our parents if they are a bit iffy about it? There's so many bad stories going around these days about it, like on the news, newspapers, magazines, etc, etc. Anyway I think mum trusts me Shocked
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 20th, 2006 at 05:55pm
I state that only Retards Are fooled on the Internet. People who are duped into thinking a 50+ man is a attractive young woman do not deserve to live. Either they are very ignorant, naive, drugged up on Ritalin are have a mental disability.

If you fall under the first three, drop dead now , save us having to narrow your genes out by removing yourselves from the equation. If you fall under the latter category then why are you at the computer unsupervised, do you not have some patronizing carer over your shoulder watching your every move so these perverts cannot take advantage of you?

Parents, stop bitching about why kids are tricked on the net and consider why they are idiotic enough to believe these people on the net. Something to do with you perhaps? Not raising an intelligent child? Exactly my point.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
January 20th, 2006 at 06:05pm
PanicOfBeliever:
I state that only Retards Are fooled on the Internet. People who are duped into thinking a 50+ man is a attractive young woman do not deserve to live. Either they are very ignorant, naive, drugged up on Ritalin are have a mental disability.

If you fall under the first three, drop dead now , save us having to narrow your genes out by removing yourselves from the equation. If you fall under the latter category then why are you at the computer unsupervised, do you not have some patronizing carer over your shoulder watching your every move so these perverts cannot take advantage of you?

Parents, stop bitching about why kids are tricked on the net and consider why they are idiotic enough to believe these people on the net. Something to do with you perhaps? Not raising an intelligent child? Exactly my point.
first of all, you're new, welcome Smile

anyway, you cant blame it on intelligence its not as if these twisted people say that theyre not actually who they say they are. However if some people are stupid enough to give out addresses and ohone numbers then that is their own fault. They should know that there are some seriously bored twisted people in the world today.
That_whore_called*Barbie*
Geek
That_whore_called*Barbie*
January 20th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Insomniac72:
PanicOfBeliever:

first of all, you're new, welcome Smile

anyway, you cant blame it on intelligence its not as if these twisted people say that theyre not actually who they say they are. However if some people are stupid enough to give out addresses and ohone numbers then that is their own fault. They should know that there are some seriously bored twisted people in the world today.
yeah, and, i mean, we're all talking to each other here, and thats okay, as long as you don't arrange to meet up, that is just plain stupid, but obviously it's not really their fault, loads of innocent people get fooled by these perverted old men/women every day. i talk to this girl on msn from england (a few hours from where i'm from) and i got her msn addy from on here, and i know that she's genuine 'cos i've seen pics of her and her mates, and she didn't ask for my number, she gave hers to me.........................but i don't think i would meet up with her, unless i went to london to see my auntie or sumthing Confused and i would get my parents to come with me or whatever, it's not, i repeat not, a good idea to sneak out and meet someone from the net at midnight without your parents knowing where you're going, when you're gonna be back etc.
Register