Do You Think Praying Works?

AuthorMessage
gd'sDiana
Geek
gd'sDiana
October 28th, 2006 at 01:34pm
well... idk.. but it makes you feel like it does, you know like if i pray 5 times a day to acomplih something it happen, ppl need something to believe, like someone said...
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
October 28th, 2006 at 08:15pm
I go to Church and everything and people are allways talking about how it works buh i never really tried...
give it a shot it might work
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 27th, 2006 at 02:16pm
no. before i was old enough to understand religion, i used to pray to 'god' every single day, because i wanted a horse for my 8th birthday, i was told that i would get one if i prayed to god, god would give me a horse. But did i get a horse for my birthday? No did i hell!
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 27th, 2006 at 02:22pm
Eat My Fairy Dust, Bitch!:
billies_rebel111:
the thing is, christians believe that god knows and has mapped out their destinies. . . so what use would praying for something to happen be if your future/destiny is already set?

Because God can show you the way. He wants a relationship with you; he wants to be everyone's friend. Think about it this way- If you never talked to your friends, do you think you would really be friends? God is the creator of everything. He loves you more than anyone else does unconditionally. He's your father. He just wants to know you have faith in Him.
i don't belive in god at all. i belive that were all alone in this world. and we pray to someone that isn't there, it's like wishing for something that you know won't come true. it's mostly school which make us believe in things like this, they put words in our mouth and an image in our heads which isn't right.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:24pm
Tré is GSB bitch!:
no. before i was old enough to understand religion, i used to pray to 'god' every single day, because i wanted a horse for my 8th birthday, i was told that i would get one if i prayed to god, god would give me a horse. But did i get a horse for my birthday? No did i hell!

So... you don't believe in God because you never got your pony? File
Try Santa next time.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:27pm
lmfao Bloodraine.

I believe in praying. But not for a pony or a toy. If you pray and you mean it and you don't just remember God in your time of need. It works if you thank Him. If you keep him in mind every so often. You have to mean it and it has to be for something that's so important you would cry for it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:34pm
Bloodraine:
Tré is GSB bitch!:

So... you don't believe in God because you never got your pony? File
Try Santa next time.

Molly That wont work either.
Evil_Seed
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Evil_Seed
December 27th, 2006 at 05:40pm
Nope, it don't work.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 10:26am
Evil_Seed:
Nope, it don't work.
How do you know?
Is there a fact written down on a specific document saying, "Nope. Praying doesn't work?"
It all comes down to what you believe and what you believe alone.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 12:40pm
Innocence.:
Evil_Seed:
Nope, it don't work.
How do you know?
Is there a fact written down on a specific document saying, "Nope. Praying doesn't work?"

Ah Then I believe that if I run up to Michael Jackson and flick his ears, he'll turn into a leprachaun! It's not written down anywhere that its not true you know...
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 12:44pm
in ur m3ss4gebo4rdz:
Innocence.:
Evil_Seed:
Nope, it don't work.
How do you know?

Ah Then I believe that if I run up to Michael Jackson and flick his ears, he'll turn into a leprachaun! It's not written down anywhere that its not true you know...

Well, if you do it, prove it wrong and document it several times, then you can disprove it. But prayers are answered in different ways. There's apparently only one way that Jacko can turn into a red haired midget after you flick his ears.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 12:46pm
lyrical_gaah52:

Well, if you do it, prove it wrong and document it several times, then you can disprove it. But prayers are answered in different ways. There's apparently only one way that Jacko can turn into a red haired midget after you flick his ears.

Mkay, Im going to pray right now that michael jackson appears in my bedroom so I can test that idea.

he's not here. Didn't work.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:06pm
Do you mean it? Did you honestly want your prayer to work? Did you believe in your prayer? Did you even believe in whoever you were praying to? Did you seriously want Michael Jackson to somehow appear in your bedroom?

And prayers should be used for honest things, important things like life or health or safety or something you thought you lost that means a shitload to you or that passing grade that you would spaz without.

And its impossible to expect a prayer to work that breaks the laws of physics.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:08pm
lyrical_gaah52:
Do you mean it? Did you honestly want your prayer to work? Did you believe in your prayer? Did you even believe in whoever you were praying to? Did you seriously want Michael Jackson to somehow appear in your bedroom?

And prayers should be used for honest things, important things like life or health or safety or something you thought you lost that means a shitload to you or that passing grade that you would spaz without.

And its impossible to expect a prayer to work that breaks the laws of physics .

lmfao Im so tempted to sig that.

And please, tell me what praying has to do with physics Laughing
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:15pm
Omnipotent and omnipowerful God may be, but you can't expect Him to break his own laws. That's the one difference between God and humans. He left us free will and we choose to destroy what we create every so often. Perhaps He decided that it was better that he keeps within the laws He developed the world with.

Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah He didn't create the world in seven days...whatever. I'm not Christian so I don't care.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:16pm
Physics is all theory anyway File
Very little of it has actually ben proved. XD
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:20pm
Well, I'm pretty sure it's impossible or damn near impossible for someone to magically teleport from somewhere in Scotland to Courtney's room in a matter of seconds due to a sarcastic and insincere prayer.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:22pm
lyrical_gaah52:
Well, I'm pretty sure it's impossible or damn near impossible for someone to magically teleport from somewhere in Scotland to Courtney's room in a matter of seconds due to a sarcastic and insincere prayer.

So therefore, praying, does not work. Ah
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2006 at 01:27pm
Not in all cases. But there is no proof that it never works. It works when you mean it, when you work towards it, and when its important to you. God helps those who help themselves.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 28th, 2006 at 04:58pm
Kurtni.:
So therefore, praying, does not work. Ah

It is my belief that if you want something, and it's not just you being selfish, or self absorbed, and you're truly willing to be a good person for it to become true, then praying will work.

If won't work if you just want new shoes, it won't work for trivial things like that. It won't work if you're "testing" him.

You have to really want it, and you have to really believe in it, and you have to be prepared to make changes in your life for it to come true. Like. Umm an example. Okay, so I don't really believe in god. I don't worship him. I don't pray to him. But say my nana was really sick. And I prayed everynight to him, to make her better. And I believed in him, and I thanked him, then it would come true.

But say I wanted a new pair of shoes or something like that. I prayed to him, because I wanted a new pair of shoes. But I've never prayed to him before, and I don't believe in him, and I probably won't ever thank him, or think of him again, so I won't get those shoes.

Plus shoes are a material thing. If I wanted those shoes, I'm going to have to work for them.

Plus, he's not going to make Michael Jackson appear in your room. He could do it in a roundabout way, say, you meet him somewhere else.

EDIT:

lyrical_gaah52:
Not in all cases. But there is no proof that it never works. It works when you mean it, when you work towards it, and when its important to you. God helps those who help themselves.

I just noticed your post. And somehow you managed to say almost all of what I was saying, in two sentences. ...damn xD
Register