Do You Think Praying Works?

AuthorMessage
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 9th, 2006 at 03:19pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bascially what alot of people are saying is, reguradless of if God exists or not, praying relaxes people (some) and relieves tension. for alot of people it's almost like a safty net, that despite what goes wrong, they have someone/something to go to and express their concerns. It's a mental comfort zone.

thats exactly what i was trying to say but you said it so much better
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 9th, 2006 at 03:23pm
Devil's lil sister:
sorry if it's a stupid question but whats "Cosmic ordering"?

Asking the universe, or your guardian angel.. Depends which you'd prefer. It's like when you really really really want something to happen, like say.. You really want to get tickets to a gig. Then you say something like; "Please help me to get these tickets!" You don't have to necessarily address anyone, just be very sure that you really want whatever it is your asking for.

I don't know, it sounds dumb but it's always worked for me.

Maybe 'cause I thank the universe afterwards, too. Hehe.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
August 9th, 2006 at 09:04pm
Yes I think it works.
Intoxication
King For A Couple Of Days
Intoxication
August 10th, 2006 at 11:11am
Peardrops:
Devil's lil sister:
sorry if it's a stupid question but whats "Cosmic ordering"?

Asking the universe, or your guardian angel.. Depends which you'd prefer. It's like when you really really really want something to happen, like say.. You really want to get tickets to a gig. Then you say something like; "Please help me to get these tickets!" You don't have to necessarily address anyone, just be very sure that you really want whatever it is your asking for.

I don't know, it sounds dumb but it's always worked for me.

Maybe 'cause I thank the universe afterwards, too. Hehe.
Yeah thats true, it usually works for me too Think Very Happy
Rhiannon.
Rhiannon.

Mibba
August 10th, 2006 at 11:59am
I, presonally, dont know. My friend said (shes a uber religious person) that if its supposed to happen in your life, then god'll give it to you. But if not, youre on your own.
Ikickedyourdog
Geek
Ikickedyourdog
August 13th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Mhairi.:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Anji:
What do you mean, the structure of the water. I may only have a flimsy GCSE for chemistry, but I do believe that the 'structure' of water can't just simply change.

lmfao exactly. If the structure of the Water changed, it wouldnt be water anymore...

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

Eh Right k then....

Like i said, sorry if i got something wrong only heard from someone a coupple of days ago thats just a vauge version of what I was told and I didn't really take all of it in. I was told it was an actual science experiment but i dunno ill find a link or somthing...

Okay this is a diffent experiment but like they pretty much did the same thing
http://kryon.com/hamburgwater.html
And this is the one i was on about an *accidently* misinterpreted here and there but it explains it in more detail
http://www.merrynjose.com/artman/publish/article_321.shtml
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 14th, 2006 at 07:07am
xXxbringme2lifexXx:
Mhairi.:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Anji:
What do you mean, the structure of the water. I may only have a flimsy GCSE for chemistry, but I do believe that the 'structure' of water can't just simply change.

lmfao exactly. If the structure of the Water changed, it wouldnt be water anymore...

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

Eh Right k then....

Like i said, sorry if i got something wrong only heard from someone a coupple of days ago thats just a vauge version of what I was told and I didn't really take all of it in. I was told it was an actual science experiment but i dunno ill find a link or somthing...

And this is the one i was on about an *accidently* misinterpreted here and there but it explains it in more detail
What a load of BS! That's not even a scientific experiment. It's just a bunch of people. I mean, it's not even controlled. You can't just draw result up from that?!

I might as well just say, 'Oh yeah, I prayed good tought to a pig and now it's sprouted wings and can fly!'
Chelsea Chainsaw
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chelsea Chainsaw
August 14th, 2006 at 10:05am
omg i pary 2 jesus every day. jesus is hot.
Ikickedyourdog
Geek
Ikickedyourdog
August 14th, 2006 at 12:05pm
Anji:
xXxbringme2lifexXx:
Mhairi.:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Anji:

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

Eh Right k then....

What a load of BS! That's not even a scientific experiment. It's just a bunch of people. I mean, it's not even controlled. You can't just draw result up from that?!

I might as well just say, 'Oh yeah, I prayed good tought to a pig and now it's sprouted wings and can fly!'

K well...I saw this thread and it said stuff about praying so i thought i'd add to the dscussion you cant really tell people what they can and cant belive but everyone has their opinion, i respect yours and tbh I'm not a huge beliver of it i just thought maybe it was relevent to this thread. but ohwell....
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 14th, 2006 at 04:07pm
xXxbringme2lifexXx:

K well...I saw this thread and it said stuff about praying so i thought i'd add to the dscussion you cant really tell people what they can and cant belive but everyone has their opinion, i respect yours and tbh I'm not a huge beliver of it i just thought maybe it was relevent to this thread. but ohwell....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what you typed makes no sense and we can tell you that
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
August 21st, 2006 at 12:52am
I really dont know if it works or not. But I always look at it like this, if one day i was dying i would rather my family with me then away prayin for me.
waiting_a_long_time
Idiot
waiting_a_long_time
August 21st, 2006 at 03:14am
depending on what you mean by "work"
usually, if a person prays, they are asking for some form of resolution or guidence.
they are looking for an answer.
from what ive seen and what ive observed, people need to talk about their problems and acknowledge that they exist, and by talking i t through with "god" they can sort through them, and eventually find the answer within themselves, "god" doesn't give them the strength to confront their troubles, they give themselves the strength, they figure it out themselves.
"god" is just a crutch, people cling to him in times of need, "god" balences out their world, even makes things easier to understand, when really, they understood all along, but talking to "gods" is what brought the answer or solution out from within.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 21st, 2006 at 05:46pm
catch_22:
I really dont know if it works or not. But I always look at it like this, if one day i was dying i would rather my family with me then away prayin for me.
o_o You know they can be there by your side and pray at the same time right?
They dont have to go away and pray XD
I 'Surrender' to Ben
Jackass
I 'Surrender' to Ben
August 21st, 2006 at 08:28pm
wanting wont get you anything, praying wont get you stuff, but if you believe you will recieve
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2006 at 08:32pm
I 'Surrender' to Ben:
wanting wont get you anything, praying wont get you stuff, but if you believe you will recieve

So if I believe that at midnight 1 million dollars will appear in my socks, I will recieve it?
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 21st, 2006 at 09:18pm
I 'Surrender' to Ben:
Praying gets me alot of stuff :/
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 21st, 2006 at 11:03pm
Praying gives some people stability. It doesn't give you THINGS necessarily. Like, you can pray for stability or well being, and I think that the higher power you believe in will give you what's needed to acheive that, if his/her will desires to do so.
Screenager
Screenager
August 25th, 2006 at 10:34am
I am not religious, so I don't think praying would work, as I don't have the religious faith.
MintyFreshGeek
Idiot
MintyFreshGeek
August 25th, 2006 at 11:42am
I think praying gives false hope in the sense that they pray therefore they don't have to do anything as it will all be ok because they prayed. People can only make thiungs happen by making them happen themself. Praying is doing nothing but talking to yourself, wishing that something would stop you from having to get off your backside and deal with reality. IMO
marie9293
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
marie9293
August 25th, 2006 at 07:07pm
I believe that praying can work, yeah. BUT just because you really want some game console, that does not mean God will snap His fingers and say, "Let there be Xbox." :/
Register