Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
August 8th, 2010 at 06:14am
Matt Smith:
James Paul McCartney:
omgno I saw something similar to that, I cried. That didn't really turn me, actually the taste of meat did. Does it count if you only eat chicken? Cause that's like the only animal I eat...I hope. My parents haven't really understood that I won't eat meat anymore. ):

not really. there's ~flexitarianism~ but i personally think it's a bit of a cop out and a fancy way to say someone's a picky eater. even though you say you only eat chicken, i'm guessing your dietary choices don't extend to excluding all products with traces of animal products (for example, some cheese, wine, sweets, chewing gum, sugar and even some types of camera film contain traces of animal bones/skin/fluids). so you probably are eating or using stuff with traces of meat in your everyday life, you just don't know it (which would make you not a vegetarian). if you're not, then well, chicken is still animal flesh and there are just as many concerns surrounding the treatment of poultry as there are for other animals.
Oh, okay, thank you. ^^ I was really doubting on that one.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 8th, 2010 at 11:38am
i was a vegetarian
but i was always hungry and i hate all the fake meats
i found i was always eating cereal
and i got tired of veggies and stuff
it just wasn't for me
i totally think it's awesome that people can do it forever though
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
August 8th, 2010 at 02:29pm
I can't go vegetarian because I could never give up meat. It tastes good and is good for you.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 9th, 2010 at 08:51am
Frank Anthony Iero.:
I can't go vegetarian because I could never give up meat. It tastes good and is good for you.

taste is subjective and a lot of meat (especially red meat) contains a relatively high proportion of saturated fat?
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
August 9th, 2010 at 05:35pm
I read somewhere (most precisely a book about natural foods) that the human mouth, at this evolutionary point, isn't really suitable to eat meat.
Which I find strange, since humans developed while eating game meat from all sorts of animals since ages ago.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 11th, 2010 at 09:12am
Matt Smith:
Frank Anthony Iero.:

taste is subjective and a lot of meat (especially red meat) contains a relatively high proportion of saturated fat?

Yes, but you are forgetting that meat is one of the main sources of protein. A problem which most vegetarians and vegans encounter is one of making up for low intake of protein in meat by other supplements. Sure in the modern day these supplements are abundant, (mostly in economically developed countries) but it's not so easy to find a good enough supplement for all lacking departments.
And obviously, saturated fats intake can be controlled by draining fat from cooked meats, grilling or steaming meat rather than frying it, or alternatively eating lean meat.
I don't think you should state that vegetarianism is overall a healthier choice for humans, because in the end both sides need to make a decent degree of effort to enjoy a balanced diet.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 11th, 2010 at 11:30am
newagecarny:
Matt Smith:
Frank Anthony Iero.:

Yes, but you are forgetting that meat is one of the main sources of protein. A problem which most vegetarians and vegans encounter is one of making up for low intake of protein in meat by other supplements. Sure in the modern day these supplements are abundant, (mostly in economically developed countries) but it's not so easy to find a good enough supplement for all lacking departments.
And obviously, saturated fats intake can be controlled by draining fat from cooked meats, grilling or steaming meat rather than frying it, or alternatively eating lean meat.
I don't think you should state that vegetarianism is overall a healthier choice for humans, because in the end both sides need to make a decent degree of effort to enjoy a balanced diet.

i'm not really forgetting anything. i eat meat, you don't need to preach to me that it has some benefits. i just think 'meat is good for you' is as useless and vacuous a statement as 'being a vegetarian is healthy'. because not all meat is good for you. just like not all vegetarian food is healthy.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
August 11th, 2010 at 12:07pm
I've always eaten meat, but sometimes my parents will make fish or vegetables for dinner. I'm trying to find a recipe for burgers that are made from nuts instead of meat. Does anybody have any recipes?
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
September 15th, 2010 at 07:25am
Any thoughts on Lady Gaga's recent outfits...

Shocked
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 15th, 2010 at 10:48am
Just don't even get me started on Lady Gaga in general.

"However, it has many interpretations, but for me this evening, it’s as if we don’t stand up for what we believe in, if we don’t fight for our rights, pretty soon, we’re going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones. And I am not a piece of meat.”

I can't comment on how pretentious this statment is without self imploding.

NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
September 15th, 2010 at 11:57am
i think that is just so disgusting
it makes me hate her even more
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
September 16th, 2010 at 09:40pm
I think it's cool.
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 17th, 2010 at 07:13am
this fucking bitch

go back to the shadow you stupid woman
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2010 at 09:56pm
It's disgusting. Don't even get me started on Lady GaGa
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
September 19th, 2010 at 10:08pm
When I move out in a couple months I'm going to try being veg again cause atleast I won't have people eating meat infront of me everyday
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
September 23rd, 2010 at 12:57pm
I once briefly dated a guy that was a vegetarian. He was a pain. He would bitch if I, or his friends ate meat/fish, and pretend to throw up.
I'm more than ok with veggies as long as they do it cause they think it's the right thing to do for them, not push it on others.
Personally I couldn't do it, meat is not even my favourite kind of food, but fish! I couldn't live without fish
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
September 24th, 2010 at 08:13pm
The Bears Are Coming:
Personally I couldn't do it, meat is not even my favourite kind of food, but fish! I couldn't live without fish

First, can I just say, fish IS meat...?

And well,
I am vegitatrian.
But I don't think it's right to force.
That's like forcing religion or sexual orientation.
clark
GSBitch
clark
September 24th, 2010 at 08:25pm
Nada.:
yet you have that as your signature
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
September 25th, 2010 at 01:36am
JOE JONAS:
Nada.:
yet you have that as your signature
true say
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
September 25th, 2010 at 12:10pm
Nada.:
The Bears Are Coming:

First, can I just say, fish IS meat...?

And well,
I am vegitatrian.

Your sig annoys me because it's things like that that make some people think that all vegetarians are arrogant and pushy by default.

Just make your choice and live with it. I actually don't care if other people want to munch on animals.
Register