Body image

AuthorMessage
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
September 10th, 2005 at 02:27pm
purple_princess:
I agree too, and I hate it when you get those front pages on magazines that show some pic of an extra stick insect type celeb on the beach, in the sea in a bikini and it says 'have a body like this in ten days'

As if they expect everyone to want to look the same.
However I did notice on a mag the other day they are starting to do articles on celebs that are too thin, I think it was Kate Moss.
a good few celebs are too thin
Dimebag Dan \m/
Geek
Dimebag Dan \m/
September 10th, 2005 at 04:23pm
I think it looks so unhealthy it isnt even attarctive it looks horrible and they starve theirsekves to make them look even worse
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 10th, 2005 at 05:38pm
Dan_1039 \m/:
I think it looks so unhealthy it isnt even attarctive it looks horrible and they starve theirsekves to make them look even worse

yeah its sooo gross...I just saw a recent pic of Hilary Duff and there was a thing talking about how she lost lots of weight...when I looked at the pic I was like WTF she looks disgusting, her cheeks look like they sink into her face and her legs look like chicken legs...in the thing where she talked about how she lost weight she was like yeah losing weight is great but I dont want to lose to much so ill be super skinny thats gross...I was like yeah sorry hunny your already there
Gone_Never Comming Back
Geek
Gone_Never Comming Back
September 10th, 2005 at 11:17pm
Even though i dont liek Raven (from those disney channel shows) i think its really cool how shes not trying to lose all this weight just to fit in....she is bigger than others but she brings a whole new look to the country which we could us a new look....i mean i'm tired of all of these celebrities losing wieght just so the camera will love them more.....its pathetic adn just plain dumb......you should be proud of your figure adn not let anyone bring you down cause you look different.....if you wanna lose weight go ahead no one is stoppign you...but before you start losing weight ask yourself why do you wanna lose weight? because you want to or you wanna look liek those magizines!
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 04:33pm
Me_Against_The_World:
Even though i dont liek Raven (from those disney channel shows) i think its really cool how shes not trying to lose all this weight just to fit in....she is bigger than others but she brings a whole new look to the country which we could us a new look....i mean i'm tired of all of these celebrities losing wieght just so the camera will love them more.....its pathetic adn just plain dumb......you should be proud of your figure adn not let anyone bring you down cause you look different.....if you wanna lose weight go ahead no one is stoppign you...but before you start losing weight ask yourself why do you wanna lose weight? because you want to or you wanna look liek those magizines!
i agree with you, I don't like her but she's not starving herself to become these anorexic little bitches that.. ugh blegh it disgusts me. But I actually DO need to lose weight. I have someone to back me up on it. His name is Dr. Phillips! (he's my doctor) I have to lose around 10-15 pounds. But I'm not gonna jam my finger down my throat to do it. I'm gonna go to the Y and all dat shiznittos. If you are at a noraml healthy weight it's like shut up and quit bitching because your fine the way you are. I have a friend like that she is a perfect weight and she's like "Oh my god I need to lose weight I'm sooo fat." She's like what, 5ft 4 and 112 pounds? That's fine!!! I always say to her "Shannon, you don't need to lose any weight!! You're thin now!! If anyone here has to lose weight I do!!" (like I said, I do. I'm not just saying that because I don't like the way I look. I don't really but that's because I actually do need to drop a few pounds. And I'm short, so it always works well when I'm looking for clothes... yeah right...)
Miss Katy
Jackass
Miss Katy
September 12th, 2005 at 07:54am
i hate the way the media throws all these beautiful size six models in our faces everytime you read a magazine or watch tv. it's just depressing to watch, i mean no one looks like that really and it seems like they want us to all look the same.
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
September 12th, 2005 at 10:55am
Magazines and stuff as well, they're really hypocritical, because they'll print all these articles like 'We love our curves!'
And yet they'll only have models who are tiny and skinny, and they'll still print articles like 'how to get the perfect body in a week' or something ridiculous like that.
Really people should just look how they look and accept it, but now a days that's really hard. Everyone's under too much pressure to look perfect all the time and if they don't they're made to feel like some kind of misfit. It's really stupid.
*i_love_greenday*
Geek
*i_love_greenday*
September 14th, 2005 at 11:38am
MODELS ARE USELESS!!!! THEY GET PAID LIKE 100,000 QUID FOR WALKING UP SOME STUPID THING AND WEARING 'COOL' CLOTHES AND BEING FAMOUS FOR THEIR LOOKS YET HARD WORKING PEOPLE LIKE PEOPLE WHO WORS AT THE POST OFFICE GETS ABOUT 2000 POUNDS A YEAR. IT'S STUPID AND THEY PRESSURE KIDS INTO DIETING. WHOEVER INVENTED MODELLING SHOULD BE ASHAMED.
carrot
Idiot
carrot
September 15th, 2005 at 02:48pm
*i_love_greenday*:
MODELS ARE USELESS!!!! THEY GET PAID LIKE 100,000 QUID FOR WALKING UP SOME STUPID THING AND WEARING 'COOL' CLOTHES AND BEING FAMOUS FOR THEIR LOOKS YET HARD WORKING PEOPLE LIKE PEOPLE WHO WORS AT THE POST OFFICE GETS ABOUT 2000 POUNDS A YEAR. IT'S STUPID AND THEY PRESSURE KIDS INTO DIETING. WHOEVER INVENTED MODELLING SHOULD BE ASHAMED.
......WOO HOO....GET LIBERATED...
franzi
Falling In Love With The Board
franzi
September 15th, 2005 at 04:02pm
today i saw this article in a magazine, where they show celebs in bathing suits, from paparazzi photos, then they show them from photo shoots and stuff and you totally see the difference. take britney, in her paparazzi photo, her thighs are larger, her tummy isnt flat and her boobs arent as perky, now in her photo shoot thing.. its all different, flat stomach, perky tits, lean thighs.. wtf is with these computers?
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
September 15th, 2005 at 10:31pm
the people who make others feel bad are kids who feel bad about them selves and say that shit so no one will say it to them
carrot
Idiot
carrot
September 16th, 2005 at 11:11am
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend:
the people who make others feel bad are kids who feel bad about them selves and say that shit so no one will say it to them
good point Clap
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 16th, 2005 at 08:34pm
jimmy <3:
today i saw this article in a magazine, where they show celebs in bathing suits, from paparazzi photos, then they show them from photo shoots and stuff and you totally see the difference. take britney, in her paparazzi photo, her thighs are larger, her tummy isnt flat and her boobs arent as perky, now in her photo shoot thing.. its all different, flat stomach, perky tits, lean thighs.. wtf is with these computers?

Ive seen a few of those pics...one showed her legs and she had loads of cellulite...I was soooo happy lol Laughing
i_hope_you_choke
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
i_hope_you_choke
November 29th, 2005 at 07:44pm
hi again:

lol, yeah i agree
jaminben89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jaminben89
November 29th, 2005 at 07:50pm
i hate my school district because they took our french fries away because they were making the kids fat.
yett they based the disition on FEDRAL polls
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
November 29th, 2005 at 09:52pm
Stuck With You:
Gillian:
In our society today, problems are cropping up everywhere due to issues with body image. The number of people diagnosed with eating disorders such as anorexia or bulemia are at an all time high. Children as young as 4 years old have been diagnosed with symptoms of anorexia, and girls as young as 9 are dieting to due to pressure from the media and peer pressure. However these problems do not only affect teenage girls and young women, but men and elderly people can have disorders such as these too. 78% of deaths due to anorexia are accounted for by the elderly.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous how the media can get away with the things they do and pressurise one of the most vulnerable age groups (teens) into thinking they are overweight and ugly. I do, however, understand that many people have such conditions because of other factors - like mental health problems, family problems, psychological problems etc.

On the other hand, there are the people who are obese and are told to lose weight rather than gain it. Strangely, this is also at an all time high. With all the junk food, lack of excersise and effort saving methods of doing things it's no wonder some people, especially children, are becoming increasingly overweight.

So, what are your views on body image? Discuss! Very Happy

How on God's Green Earth are 4 year olds getting anorexia all ready!?

they're fucked up. lol. thats how. its probably those little beauty pageant babies whose parents make them lose weight. ive seen that shit on dr phil and stuff. lol.
lloyd dobler
Falling In Love With The Board
lloyd dobler
November 30th, 2005 at 04:29am
I don't get why people complain that they aren't pretty or whatever. I mean, why do people focus on negatives?
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 30th, 2005 at 04:52am
what's to be said?
we focus far too much than it is healthy for us on our outward appearances, but pressures to be beautiful are pouring in from every direction. we are obsessed with beauty, wealth, power... yep, sounds like the human race.
we can tell people that beauty is only skin deep, that what really matters is who we are inside, and all that deep stuff.
but the sad truth is, the pretty will always be preferred over the ugly, and what's considered beautiful will change over time.
people going to extreme, unhealthy lengths to look good will always be a problem. it's just human nature to be so vain.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 30th, 2005 at 12:04pm
Yeah..it's really sad that when it comes to first appearances and job interviews and stuff...people will want to choose the pretty people. Most of the time, kids only become friends with people because they're pretty. Sad
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
November 30th, 2005 at 01:40pm
I say that every kid should be on a sport.
It should be like a law or something...
And then the government should make a fund for people who cant afford it.
In this way, less children will have obese,
I wish I was on a sport when I was little...but we did not have any money for sports...we still dont.

And anorexia...I say that boys are giving the high standards for girls...
Girls want male attention, it's just like that and the stereotype that is circling now, is thin with big boobs and a big but....
This is just as stupid as it sounds, but its an instinct of men...I just saw on a documentary.

In days of old, when we were still monkeys Razz
A female monkey showed that she wanted to have sex by making her but bigger (they can do that!)
So this explanes the but thing, and the boobs are excactly the same thing...
because when we had sex differently than the monkeys...front to front in stead of front to back,
men needed something else to get the idea women were aroused...so the boobs became bigger....

And thin is the thing that always changes.
Look at the ancient Greek, they liked a big woman because it showes that she is very wealthy and has enough to eat.

So this is the thing that can be changed in the society...only, the media keeps this skinny models and skinny people in focus, when they also are open to bigger people, the world will 2.....

At least I hope so.....nothing is for certaint
Register