Body image

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2005 at 03:30pm
The government here did try to introduce laws for compulsory after-school sport sessions on top of the one to two hours weekly we are obliged to do in school.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
November 30th, 2005 at 04:21pm
*new_age_provo*:
I say that every kid should be on a sport.
It should be like a law or something...
And then the government should make a fund for people who cant afford it.

So did I! But my parents didn't trust me. They thought I would fall over and break all my bones or something. They're too paranoid...and so am I. I wouldn't mind breaking a few bones during doing lots of sport. People who are very sporty at my school have broken 1 or 2 bones...but look where they are now. They're fit and healthy...while I'm a stick.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
February 25th, 2006 at 05:23pm
i was anorexic when i was 12 but then i got better. its amazing how fast you can get sick
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 06:44pm
everybody is beautiful if they want to be, a beautiful person is some one who is well mannered lovely person wouldnt make anyone upset or hurt some one, an ugly person is the opposite.

Somthing that happenend to a little girl i know, she had her braces fitted and the girls at school were calling her names you know the normal thing BRACE FACE, and she as cool as anything said yes ok i am wearing a brace i will have lovely straight white teeth but you know what you'll allways have an ugly personaltiy.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
February 25th, 2006 at 06:46pm
Magne:
everybody is beautiful if they want to be, a beautiful person is some one who is well mannered lovely person wouldnt make anyone upset or hurt some one, an ugly person is the opposite.

Somthing that happenend to a little girl i know, she had her braces fitted and the girls at school were calling her names you know the normal thing BRACE FACE, and she as cool as anything said yes ok i am wearing a brace i will have lovely straight white teeth but you know what you'll allways have an ugly personaltiy.

Good for her.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
so no one in the world is ugly
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 06:47pm
suzie_k:
Magne:

Good for her.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
so no one in the world is ugly

yeah she made me proud.
TresFine
TresFine
February 28th, 2006 at 06:02pm
stupid skinny models give bad body images for girls today.with there bullshit of eating disorders.it wont hurt girls today food
Spike
Geek
Spike
February 28th, 2006 at 07:15pm
I don't know. I think it's wrong but it's never really effected me so I haven't even gotten a strong opinion on it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 03:18am
*new_age_provo*:
I say that every kid should be on a sport.
It should be like a law or something...
And then the government should make a fund for people who cant afford it.
In this way, less children will have obese,
I wish I was on a sport when I was little...but we did not have any money for sports...we still dont.

And anorexia...I say that boys are giving the high standards for girls...
Girls want male attention, it's just like that and the stereotype that is circling now, is thin with big boobs and a big but....
This is just as stupid as it sounds, but its an instinct of men...I just saw on a documentary.

In days of old, when we were still monkeys Razz
A female monkey showed that she wanted to have sex by making her but bigger (they can do that!)
So this explanes the but thing, and the boobs are excactly the same thing...
because when we had sex differently than the monkeys...front to front in stead of front to back,
men needed something else to get the idea women were aroused...so the boobs became bigger....

And thin is the thing that always changes.
Look at the ancient Greek, they liked a big woman because it showes that she is very wealthy and has enough to eat.

So this is the thing that can be changed in the society...only, the media keeps this skinny models and skinny people in focus, when they also are open to bigger people, the world will 2.....

At least I hope so.....nothing is for certaint

what about the kids who cant do sports? There are lots of them and not because they are to fat to because they are ill?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
March 1st, 2006 at 01:54pm
Magne:

Awesome. People should slowly learn how to stick up for themselves and learn to not be so shallow. Nearly everyone in my school judges you a look.. slaps a label on you ... and if they like it.. they'll be friends with you.

I don't care about body image. I can understand if people like to look quite pretty for themselves but I hate it when people only be your friends when you're pretty in their eyes.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
March 1st, 2006 at 02:15pm
spill_no_sick:
I think the problem lies within people in our society, not media
Absolutely. The media is actually just what society makes it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:20pm
TheFaggot:
spill_no_sick:
I think the problem lies within people in our society, not media
Absolutely. The media is actually just what society makes it.

oh please society is what makes it.
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
March 5th, 2006 at 03:43pm
I used to get teen girl magazines but I got fed up of opening them up to find a diet plan and pages full of skinny girls modelling clothes which are made for size 4 girls! I think that theres way too much pressure on teens to lose weight nowadays a size 10 is classed too big! Shocked So I stopped getting the magazines! Very Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 5th, 2006 at 07:21pm
The media is a great fault for the low self esteem of alot of people. It pretty much tells us how to live. For instance, hair care products. It tells us we should use a shampoo or conditioner to look like to girl/boy they have on the TV screen. But then again, the person is partly to blame for believing it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2006 at 11:11am
manic!panic!:
The media is a great fault for the low self esteem of alot of people. It pretty much tells us how to live. For instance, hair care products. It tells us we should use a shampoo or conditioner to look like to girl/boy they have on the TV screen. But then again, the person is partly to blame for believing it.

Don't watch the TV then!

That's what I always think people should do if they complain about the media.

Then again, i'm not a gulliable fool who will conform to a 'perfect' vogue as portrayed by the television screen. I mean, i'm ever going to be perfect. As long as I am good enough for me, nothing else matters. It's when I fail my own standards that I have to worry.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
March 9th, 2006 at 11:10pm
i really hate the media ideas of perfect
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 10th, 2006 at 02:19am
colo(u)r me stupid:

And I wouldn't mind, but we wern't even meant to be perfect.

We are perfect by being ourselves..by being imperfect. I should so be a journaliste me lmfao lmfao I'd get sacked within the first week.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2006 at 11:12am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
colo(u)r me stupid:

We are perfect by being ourselves..by being imperfect. I should so be a journaliste me lmfao lmfao I'd get sacked within the first week.

Well, it depends on what branch of journalism you go into. Wink

It won't matter if you want to be a sports journalist...for example. Also; you flatter the power of journalists. They just write the articles they are comissioned. They don't have a massive influence on media perception.
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
March 10th, 2006 at 03:39pm
i think a lot of its in the magazines and tv shows, i mean u see all the diet plans and things in teen magazines and look at popular programmes like the O.C etc. (which i dont watch), and also all the popstars that prep (not using that word in a mean way) girls like, theyre all really skinny, and people in tv shows ar aswell, and girls all look up to them, and think "ohh i have to be a size 6 if i want guys to like me" which is horribly unhealthy, coz in the end it all really boils down to ur height, i mean im 5"9 and im size 12-14 (UK) which is perfectly normal and my BMI is average, but most girls nowdays dont take that into account, coz like i ( a 5"9 person) could never be as skinny as somebody who is say..4"9, its jst not physically possible, but a lot of teenage girls dont take their BMI and other statisticcs into account when theyre dieting, they dont know wats a helthy weight for them, and they need to realise that, and stop following stupid trends, coz remember... you dont have the same size body as Mischa Barton or Eva Longoria....
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 10th, 2006 at 05:41pm
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
colo(u)r me stupid:

Well, it depends on what branch of journalism you go into. Wink

It won't matter if you want to be a sports journalist...for example. Also; you flatter the power of journalists. They just write the articles they are comissioned. They don't have a massive influence on media perception.

Nah, I meant fashion or a teen magazine journalist.
Register