robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 02:10am
then anything else would be over weight Think
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 02:12am
To a degree. Obviously things like weight are affected by any other medical problems if any. 5-10lbs overweight isn't considered to be bad at all, 15-20 is so-so, and over that is usually where doctors start getting worried about heart disease, etc...,
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
July 10th, 2006 at 04:44am
Weight really is such a bad confidence booster
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
July 10th, 2006 at 08:38am
SodasGirl:
Expressway To Yr Skull:
SodasGirl:
Bolemia and anorexia are diseases.
No, but BULIMIA is a disease, that deserves to be spelled correctly.

Alright, then neither are addictions. Neither is depression.

Girls do NOT wake up in the morning and say "I'm going to starve myself to look better just because I can."

Eating disorders are NOT called disorders because they are personal choices.

I must say, that's very ignorant of you to say. Also very insulting to people who have eating disorders.
Wait, who said it was?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 10th, 2006 at 09:02am
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
I was speaking my aswell. Freedom to say what I want, but oh I get banned wont I Rolling Eyes I musnt hurt people now. But anyway yes they can still be wrong. I know Ive read about it.
Gee, how am I being rude?!?
You know what, fuck that.
Doesnt matter the gender really. Just cause me and some boy weigh the same thing doesnt mean one of us is unhealthy. So doctors need correct their right and wrongs, really o_o Cause I have read a book on weight and which is suppose to be right for each of us but I dont get why women are weighing less than men to be healthy. 0_0
Which I dont think is the point really. but thats how I saw it. You can weigh 300 something pounds but still be in good physical shape/health.

I never said you weren't or couldn't speak your mind. You also are not hurting me. I just don't understand why you have to insult me and be rude to me to speak your mind.

It doesn't mean your unhealthy, but it is medical fact according to phyciatrists(sp?) and other types of doctors that males and females have different body, have different structures, and should not be the same weight at the same height. I don't care if you believe me or not, because I have talked with at least 5 doctors in eating disorder rehab clinics about this, and I am going to take the word of professionals who have studied this for years over yours every time.
But why not be at the same weight at the same height?
o_o

men nad women have different body structures
jsut looks at male and female bodys
men are usually broad at the shoulder , women at the hips
stuff like that
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 10th, 2006 at 09:55am
Really, it all goes back to density. You can't understand ideal body weight if you don't realize that men and women have different muscle-to-fat ratios and therefore different body densities (that's commonly known as Body Mass Index, or BMI). Differences in body density are the reason ideal weights for men and women are different when all other factors are equal.
Take my brother and I. We're about the same height, but I weigh about ten pounds less because I'm female. He has broader shoulders than I do, he's more muscular. You see?

Now, I'd appreciate if the quote pyramids were kept to a minimum from now on. Thanks Wink
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 10th, 2006 at 09:04pm
Expressway To Yr Skull:
rock_music_GD:
Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED. Just remember, cuz I'm rambling, that it's the media and photoshop that are creating eating disorders NOT peergroups.
"I'm a little bigger than most girls and I used to get picked on for it, which is why I've now got an eating disorder. "

You're not one to talk about curing eating disorders, honey.

What? I think she is just right for it, actually. I mean, who else knows best? A person who has never had an eating disorder? A person who has no idea the trauma and confusion, and hatred and frustration that you go through?

Apart from that, she never actually said how to cure it. She said something that is actually quite true, something that she would know about, and that was "Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED."

And that is very true. So it was not very fair of you to ignore her post and tell her that she was not one to talk about curing them, because she wasn't saying "this is how we cure them" she was saying "Its actually harder than making someone eat, and even if you do make them eat, that doesn't mean they are cured, because you haven't changed their way of thinking".
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 11th, 2006 at 05:29am
Coff:
Expressway To Yr Skull:
rock_music_GD:
Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED. Just remember, cuz I'm rambling, that it's the media and photoshop that are creating eating disorders NOT peergroups.
"I'm a little bigger than most girls and I used to get picked on for it, which is why I've now got an eating disorder. "

You're not one to talk about curing eating disorders, honey.

What? I think she is just right for it, actually. I mean, who else knows best? A person who has never had an eating disorder? A person who has no idea the trauma and confusion, and hatred and frustration that you go through?

Apart from that, she never actually said how to cure it. She said something that is actually quite true, something that she would know about, and that was "Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED."

And that is very true. So it was not very fair of you to ignore her post and tell her that she was not one to talk about curing them, because she wasn't saying "this is how we cure them" she was saying "Its actually harder than making someone eat, and even if you do make them eat, that doesn't mean they are cured, because you haven't changed their way of thinking".

PeerGroups, media AND home life can cause eating disorders, also we have to remember that Anorexia IS NOT the only eating disorder out there.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 11th, 2006 at 08:44am
Magne:

PeerGroups, media AND home life can cause eating disorders, also we have to remember that Anorexia IS NOT the only eating disorder out there.

Yeah, not that we said it was. But she was indicating Anorexia, so yeah, I just talked about that.

And I agree espically with the first bit. I know whenever my friends talk about how they should start watching what they eat so they don't get into habits, I feel a bit weird, so peers really is a cause.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 11th, 2006 at 09:06am
Bulimia and Anorexia often have something to do with what goes on in your head. Phsycological Problems is what they be. You see youself as something that others dont see. yes.
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
July 12th, 2006 at 08:50pm
I think anorexia and other eating disorders are caused mainly by the media and advertising. And how all these models are so skinny and blonde. It's bound to lower tons of girl's self-esteem and cause them to eat less or diet. Also, family issues such as verbal abuse in homes can cause kids to get eating disorders
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 08:54pm
romantic_nightmare:
I think anorexia and other eating disorders are caused mainly by the media and advertising. And how all these models are so skinny and blonde. It's bound to lower tons of girl's self-esteem and cause them to eat less or diet. Also, family issues such as verbal abuse in homes can cause kids to get eating disorders

Im Blonde, what does that have to do with anything? It's a hair color, and alot of models arent blonde because its sooooo commercial.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 13th, 2006 at 08:39am
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.:
Bulimia and Anorexia often have something to do with what goes on in your head. Phsycological Problems is what they be. You see youself as something that others dont see. yes.

They relate directly to what goes on in your head. Its your protrayal of yourself, its your views of yourself, it your thoughts.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 22nd, 2006 at 03:20pm
i think the problem is so many of these stick thin models on TV and im magazines and whatnot, so girls think thats what they should look like, and they think theyre fat. then theres all the peer pressure from 'popular' people, who are mostly like that, and others think thats whats good.
Kitti
Kitti
July 22nd, 2006 at 03:26pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
i think the problem is so many of these stick thin models on TV and im magazines and whatnot, so girls think thats what they should look like, and they think theyre fat. then theres all the peer pressure from 'popular' people, who are mostly like that, and others think thats whats good.
Teenage boys face the same pressures as teenage girls, they can develop eating disorders too. There's pressure on everyone, but it has very little to do with television and magazines. It's all in what your peers will accept, because they are the people you most respect. That's why bullying is so bad, that's why eating disorders can be found in groups sometimes.
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 02:55pm
I'm a teen model...I don't what you guys think of us O.o We're not like super extra tiny with magical diet plans and magnificent exercises.
We just live our lives like every normal day teenagers do...But I would like to disclaim any of that 'models are morons' shit Smile
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 30th, 2006 at 03:31pm
Soda[Jack Slap]:
I'm a teen model...I don't what you guys think of us O.o We're not like super extra tiny with magical diet plans and magnificent exercises.
We just live our lives like every normal day teenagers do...But I would like to disclaim any of that 'models are morons' shit Smile

thats good, if you have a good excersise regime and you eat well then there is nothing wrong with it, I for one do not think teen models are morons, and in fact i think your brave for going into a world that is dominated by adults.
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 06:06pm
Lucifers Angel:
Soda[Jack Slap]:

thats good, if you have a good excersise regime and you eat well then there is nothing wrong with it, I for one do not think teen models are morons, and in fact i think your brave for going into a world that is dominated by adults.

Thank you Very Happy
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 31st, 2006 at 05:29am
Soda[Jack Slap]:
Lucifers Angel:
Soda[Jack Slap]:

Thank you Very Happy

i agree, and i dont think models are morons, its just that the 'popular' figure seems to be a beanpole, and thats really demeaning to people like me who arent like that and never will be.
Register