Body image

AuthorMessage
DoodleToes
King For A Couple Of Days
DoodleToes
June 20th, 2006 at 09:38am
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
same thing with me. I don't eat the food at school because it is discusting and tastes like shit! anyways, people are like go eat something you are too skinny. like they are mad at me or something. I hate it!

No offence or anytinh but be4 u sed u were trying to loose weight on purpose and that u doint eat so u can loose weight cos u think ur fat...and then u just wrote that ur in the "skinny group" and u dont like getting called names cos ur skinny, well whwya re u not eating to lose weight....?
AshlinnR
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 20th, 2006 at 09:42am
DoodleToes:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
same thing with me. I don't eat the food at school because it is discusting and tastes like shit! anyways, people are like go eat something you are too skinny. like they are mad at me or something. I hate it!

No offence or anytinh but be4 u sed u were trying to loose weight on purpose and that u doint eat so u can loose weight cos u think ur fat...and then u just wrote that ur in the "skinny group" and u dont like getting called names cos ur skinny, well whwya re u not eating to lose weight....?

yeah its really bad if you cut out eating cos then when you start to ear\t again your metabolism is heaps slower, so you pretty much end up gaining weight
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
June 20th, 2006 at 12:11pm
people think that i dont eat , but im 5.8 and about 130 pounds, but it is only cuz i m tall, but im totally skinny and people think that i dont eat, but i eat alot infact i think im going 2 go eat now.
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Falling In Love With The Board
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 20th, 2006 at 02:25pm
ashlinn.___:
DoodleToes:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

yeah its really bad if you cut out eating cos then when you start to ear\t again your metabolism is heaps slower, so you pretty much end up gaining weight

I think that self-consiously(sp?), I want to stay skinny and underweight even though I feel bad when people make fun of me. But yeah, I've got issues so don't question it..
DoodleToes
DoodleToes
June 21st, 2006 at 06:52am
hmm...^
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 21st, 2006 at 07:36am
ashlinn.___:
that annoys me soo much
when people are like. "i can't do that"
but then they except others to do stuff. ya know?

Yeah, exactly. Then, if I mess up (I mess up when I speak sometimes) or say the wrong thing, or trip over, she will not shup up about it. She laughs, and its not a real laugh, its a fake laugh, and so I always say "Hey thats not nice, you hate when we laugh at you, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't laugh at me, thanks".

It frustrates me a fair bit, actually.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
June 21st, 2006 at 04:37pm
I think that self-consiously(sp?), I want to stay skinny and underweight even though I feel bad when people make fun of me. But yeah, I've got issues so don't question it..

you should not want to be underweight thats stupid
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
June 21st, 2006 at 05:15pm
_insertstupidnamehere_:

It's not stupid, I know where she's coming from.
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 21st, 2006 at 08:32pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
_insertstupidnamehere_:

It's not stupid, I know where she's coming from.

Thank you! Even though I know it's bad and everything, (I mean not eating to stay underweight), I still feel like I should do it.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 21st, 2006 at 08:38pm
_insertstupidnamehere_:

No its not, its not at all. I understand exactly what she means.

I mean its a silly thought, yes, but one that some people cant help but have.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 22nd, 2006 at 04:54am
Coff:
_insertstupidnamehere_:

No its not, its not at all. I understand exactly what she means.

I mean its a silly thought, yes, but one that some people cant help but have.

you should try and stay the RIGHT weight for you, and not follow these unltra skinny fashion dolls that staunter up and down the cat walks, going to far under weight can cause stop of periods, and sometimes even death, why would anyone want to be ultra skinny and unfit,
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 04:07pm
you should try and stay the RIGHT weight for you, and not follow these unltra skinny fashion dolls that staunter up and down the cat walks, going to far under weight can cause stop of periods, and sometimes even death, why would anyone want to be ultra skinny and unfit,

agreed
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
June 22nd, 2006 at 07:41pm
_insertstupidnamehere_:

agreed

What if you just wanna be ultra skinny just cause YOU want to be ultra skinny and youre not just doing it to follow these fashion doll people?
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 10:34pm
It's ironic, because when you think you're looking bad, no one else notices nor cares.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 3rd, 2006 at 02:16am
I like losing weight, but I don't go out of my way to do it anymore. I used to have eating disorders though.

On the other hand, I'd like to get a nose job. One day in seventh grade a kid told me I had a big nose and I've hated it ever since.

I think that's what makes people have bad images of themselves, other people. When you're a little kid you feel beautiful. It isn't until someone points out their idea of a flaw that you think you aren't good enough.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 3rd, 2006 at 02:57am
druscilla_armstrong:
I like losing weight, but I don't go out of my way to do it anymore. I used to have eating disorders though.

On the other hand, I'd like to get a nose job. One day in seventh grade a kid told me I had a big nose and I've hated it ever since.

I think that's what makes people have bad images of themselves, other people. When you're a little kid you feel beautiful. It isn't until someone points out their idea of a flaw that you think you aren't good enough.
yeah, a boy told me he liked my body and my face but I had to work on my nose Rolling Eyes XD I laugh at him now he's a fat crack addict.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
July 6th, 2006 at 12:14pm
When you're little, insults are part of a daily thing. Its okay to be obnoxious and shit when yuo're little because you're little. But as you get older, you start taking insults a bit more personally, because when you're a kid, sometimes you don't really mean things. But as an adult they do mean more.

I think people should stop being so defensive and should just love themself for who they are. They don't need to be gorgeous, or handsome. I'd rather date a guy who's much more happy about himself than he is hot.

Celebrities are not new. They've always been around, they've always been idols. But I think just now, their opinions are different which is why the rates are so high. And they've been put on the spot for a reason, and because so many people look up to Celebrities, they feel they need to compare themselves to them. Which is just damn stupid.

Basically, all I'm saying, is people should be happy with themselves.
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 8th, 2006 at 08:31am
It's pathetic the way people look at themselves today. I weigh about 120lbs and there have been times where I have wanted to stop eating. I know people who LITERALLY weigh 98lbs and aren't happy with how they look. Nobody is happy with themselves 100%. Everybody is flawed. But today more than ever the media focuses on those flaws.
Homosexual Spencer
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Homosexual Spencer

Mibba
July 8th, 2006 at 05:11pm
There is research to show that happiness rating on a scale of 1 to 10 1 being not happy at all, 10 being really happy and 5 averagely happy that on this rating size 16 os 10/10 and size 6 is 6/10 so it is better to be plump than to have barely and meat on your bones. All I have to say is get your finger out of your throat and eat a donut a bit harsh of me yes but I can't help it what is it about apperance that people are so obsesed about I'm happy about my apperance as long as I can fit in my new jeans I'm happy.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 9th, 2006 at 06:32am
EvilChicken:
There is research to show that happiness rating on a scale of 1 to 10 1 being not happy at all, 10 being really happy and 5 averagely happy that on this rating size 16 os 10/10 and size 6 is 6/10 so it is better to be plump than to have barely and meat on your bones. All I have to say is get your finger out of your throat and eat a donut a bit harsh of me yes but I can't help it what is it about apperance that people are so obsesed about I'm happy about my apperance as long as I can fit in my new jeans I'm happy.

Wow.

How very intolerant.

Oh my gosh.

Wow. Ok, well, for one, people aren't going to stop because you think they should.

Prehaps you should be a little less opinionated and a bit more understanding?

For one, people who don't eat, because they think they're fat are anorexic. I'll try and explain a bit about this. They don't just not eat. They exercise a hell of a lot, and they do eat a little tiny bit each day. Just count every single calorie. I've known some to keep their daily intake to under 600 calories, some to keep it under 200. It depends. Some do the 2468 diet, where they eat 200 one day, 400 the next, 600 the next and 800 the next, then nothing, then 200 again, and so on. Because anorexic people aren't stupid, although it is a bit foolish to do this. They know that if you just stop eating then you seriously fuck upyour metabolism.

Ok. Now onto bullimia. People who force them selves to throw up are bullimic. They don't not eat, they binge eat and purge it later. So bulimic people might eat that doughnut. So that was very ignorant and stupid.

I'm sorry for this long rant, I was just surprised about their lack of knowledge.

I don't particullary like the way I look. Actually, I don't like it one bit. When I sit down, I make sure my legs are up high, so they don't look fat. This all came from people telling me to die, telling me I was stupid, worthless, and much worse things. Then, I got a boyfriend, and just, the way he acted, it made me feel like I had to be perfect. So I'm pretty insecure, because he would try and push me into doing things that I just didn't want to. And I felt like I had to look perfect to do these things.

Its the same story, you know? They cant stop, because they feel less that perfect. So you saying "Eat a doughnut" is just silly, because its not going to work, and its a very closed minded way of looking at things.
Register