Jackass
Incubus
March 10th, 2006 at 05:52pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
colo(u)r me stupid:
i really hate the media ideas of perfect

And I wouldn't mind, but we wern't even meant to be perfect.

We are perfect by being ourselves..by being imperfect. I should so be a journaliste me lmfao lmfao I'd get sacked within the first week.

Well, it depends on what branch of journalism you go into. Wink

It won't matter if you want to be a sports journalist...for example. Also; you flatter the power of journalists. They just write the articles they are comissioned. They don't have a massive influence on media perception.

Nah, I meant fashion or a teen magazine journalist.

Oh I hate them, trying to tell me what to wear and...stuff...

I'd like to be news journalist
Breaking news, breaking hearts...

lmfao
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 11th, 2006 at 01:46pm
i think its getting ridiculous , especially these days , i myself am kinda over wieght and i am constanlty considering going up stairs ot puke out everything just ot look a certain way , people these days are to critcal of others , they don't go by personalalities anymore they go by you pant size Rolling Eyes
HopelessAngel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
HopelessAngel
March 25th, 2006 at 08:22pm
Its disgusting. This topic goes hand in hand with how kids are just growing up to fast. The media is showing all these people like Nicole Richie, and Lindsay Lohan who practically dissapear when they turn sideways. Kids figure that they'll be popular and stuff because celebreties (sp?) are like that.

and its scary when you know someone who might have anorexia. My best friends sister was showing major signs of it. She wouldnt have breakfast, and she didn't want to eat in front of her friends. WTF? She wasn't eating because her friends weren't eating. Thats also a major problem, "My friends don't eat so i won't either".

The world's becoming a screwed up place.
Basketcase463
King For A Couple Of Days
Basketcase463
March 25th, 2006 at 08:31pm
as for the four year olds thing, thats probably the parents doing that to their kids... like im not a twig but im fine with how i look, and my mom forces me to diet and go to curves, if i eat what she considers a lot she points it out, and always says stuff like 'someday you can wear a bathing suit like this' its really wrong that she does that but theres really nothing i can do, so thats probably similar to whats happening to little kids...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 26th, 2006 at 04:08am
The people I don't get is the people who actually listen to the media. Eh

Maybe it's just me, but i'll live my life how I want and balls to anyone else who stops me.

Something I do't understand is the fact that anyone can swallow the 'perfect' vision perpetrated by society and the media.
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
March 26th, 2006 at 01:44pm
Here's what I say about body image....Why do people have to be so insecure??? We weren't born to be judged on looks or anything, but to get along and make a community. Obviously, that doesn't work in this world, because we aren't perfect. That is something you should learn to accept. Everyone has flaws, and shouldn't be pressured by anyone to think low of themselves, just because they believe the some other peoples that are telling them so. I don't think it is right to be so concerned about such things, considering there are so many other things to worry about. That's just my view. ._. don't listen to me. Meh...
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
March 26th, 2006 at 02:16pm
The society has turned very brutal and dishonest throughout the years. Unlike some people, I don't blame top models for cases of anorexia by girls who idolize them. Very few models have eating disorders at all. It's just another lie the media tells us.
I still believe the important thing is do you FEEL pretty.
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 26th, 2006 at 05:32pm
i think crash diets are wrong... i show a couple of syptoms of anorexia but thats because of my metabolism and i was born with it... ppl who do it on purpose should realise wat they're doing
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 26th, 2006 at 07:15pm
i'm_the+Evil_monkey:
i think crash diets are wrong... i show a couple of syptoms of anorexia but thats because of my metabolism and i was born with it... ppl who do it on purpose should realise wat they're doing

But they are so unhappy with what they look like that they are unable to see the damage they are doing to themselves.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 27th, 2006 at 10:06am
i'm_the+Evil_monkey:

But for them, they aren't doing anything wrong. To them, what they are doing is perfectly sane.
brit.
Jackass
brit.
March 28th, 2006 at 02:28am
mmm
i agree
Body image is conflicting..
people get so...put down by opening a magazine and staring at that hot young new thin model and thinking to themselves, im not pretty because i dont look like her..
its disgusting
no one can tell them theyre beautfiul
they fucking starve themselves...
its so...upsetting people do that
Eyes On Me
Idiot
Eyes On Me
March 28th, 2006 at 03:41am
I agree, the media is portraying the image of what young women and even men should look like. All you seem to see is thin little sticks walking down the catwalk. But I have learnt to accept my body. I'm 5'3/5'4 and I'm about 110lbs. I think it's ridiculous that this girl at my school, she's ever so skinny and she gets called fat =/. She hasn't got a very high self esteem so she goes home to not eat. She doesn't eat. When I'm with her she will not eat anything. Why do people put other people through so much pain. I don't understand the world...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2006 at 10:14am
Baby Alien:
I agree, the media is portraying the image of what young women and even men should look like. All you seem to see is thin little sticks walking down the catwalk. But I have learnt to accept my body. I'm 5'3/5'4 and I'm about 110lbs. I think it's ridiculous that this girl at my school, she's ever so skinny and she gets called fat =/. She hasn't got a very high self esteem so she goes home to not eat. She doesn't eat. When I'm with her she will not eat anything. Why do people put other people through so much pain. I don't understand the world...

Well, the media isn't making you believe it. Wink

I also dislike the way people tend to blame models; of course I think they are beautiful (I challenge you to find me a human who is not beautiful: they do not exist), but if you want I can name you a list of models who are damn tall and have perfect bodies but a little bit of facial deformity going on there...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 28th, 2006 at 12:53pm
Bloodraine:
Baby Alien:

Well, the media isn't making you believe it. Wink

I also dislike the way people tend to blame models; of course I think they are beautiful (I challenge you to find me a human who is not beautiful: they do not exist), but if you want I can name you a list of models who are damn tall and have perfect bodies but a little bit of facial deformity going on there...

do you really think everyone is beautiful?
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
March 28th, 2006 at 12:56pm
many people say they don't really care about it.
But when they are late every day because they are in front the mirror...it makes you think Think
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2006 at 12:58pm
Magne:

Of course.

Or at least everyone was born beautiful.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
March 28th, 2006 at 02:54pm
I know some one who won't eat cos she says she's fat, I must admit, she is overweight, but the crazy thing is, she's only doing it so this boy will like her. Sometimes, I think boys put pressure on girls to do this, they don't look for personality these days, but how "hot" A girl looks. This isnt always the case, but, every boy in my class is the same when it comes to choosing girls
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Magne:

Definately. Some people are just too blind to realize it.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
March 28th, 2006 at 05:44pm
Cut[e]:
The society has turned very brutal and dishonest throughout the years. Unlike some people, I don't blame top models for cases of anorexia by girls who idolize them. Very few models have eating disorders at all. It's just another lie the media tells us.
I still believe the important thing is do you FEEL pretty.
Well said. <3
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 29th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Blissful and Blind:
Here's what I say about body image....Why do people have to be so insecure??? We weren't born to be judged on looks or anything, but to get along and make a community. Obviously, that doesn't work in this world, because we aren't perfect. That is something you should learn to accept. Everyone has flaws, and shouldn't be pressured by anyone to think low of themselves, just because they believe the some other peoples that are telling them so. I don't think it is right to be so concerned about such things, considering there are so many other things to worry about. That's just my view. ._. don't listen to me. Meh...

Of course, but people can't help how they feel.
Register