Body image

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 9th, 2006 at 10:23am
theres a stupid young girl at my daughters school and she keeps calling my daughter fat and ugly, now attitudes like that drive young girls to not eat and become anorexic i hate it i think that this girl is a bully, and if anyone was wandering my daughetr she's perfect she gets wheiged every week by the Dr. and she is a beauty but i guess i will say that wont i? Smile
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 9th, 2006 at 04:58pm
EvilChicken:
There is research to show that happiness rating on a scale of 1 to 10 1 being not happy at all, 10 being really happy and 5 averagely happy that on this rating size 16 os 10/10 and size 6 is 6/10 so it is better to be plump than to have barely and meat on your bones. All I have to say is get your finger out of your throat and eat a donut a bit harsh of me yes but I can't help it what is it about apperance that people are so obsesed about I'm happy about my apperance as long as I can fit in my new jeans I'm happy.

=/
Okay, first of all, it's not a "bit harsh." Bolemia and anorexia are diseases. People are not going to stop being diseased just because you insult them because of it.

Happiness should have nothing to do with size. Just because some of the people on the planet who are happy are not tiny, doesn't mean you have to be overweight.

It is NOT better to be "plump," as you say, because that isn't healthy. Neither is weighing nearly nothing. It is better to be a good weight for YOUR age, YOUR gender, and YOUR height.
rock_music_GD
Geek
rock_music_GD
July 10th, 2006 at 12:11am
Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED. Just remember, cuz I'm rambling, that it's the media and photoshop that are creating eating disorders NOT peergroups.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
July 10th, 2006 at 12:28am
rock_music_GD:
Girls should be happy with their bodies the way they are but they are NOT and that's a fact. It IS bad but they cannot help it. Recovering from an eating disorder is more complicated than making someone eat! Just because someone eats it does not mean they don't have an ED. Just remember, cuz I'm rambling, that it's the media and photoshop that are creating eating disorders NOT peergroups.
"I'm a little bigger than most girls and I used to get picked on for it, which is why I've now got an eating disorder. "

You're not one to talk about curing eating disorders, honey.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
July 10th, 2006 at 12:31am
SodasGirl:
Bolemia and anorexia are diseases.
No, but BULIMIA is a disease, that deserves to be spelled correctly.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 12:33am
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:
There is research to show that happiness rating on a scale of 1 to 10 1 being not happy at all, 10 being really happy and 5 averagely happy that on this rating size 16 os 10/10 and size 6 is 6/10 so it is better to be plump than to have barely and meat on your bones. All I have to say is get your finger out of your throat and eat a donut a bit harsh of me yes but I can't help it what is it about apperance that people are so obsesed about I'm happy about my apperance as long as I can fit in my new jeans I'm happy.

=/
Okay, first of all, it's not a "bit harsh." Bolemia and anorexia are diseases. People are not going to stop being diseased just because you insult them because of it.

Happiness should have nothing to do with size. Just because some of the people on the planet who are happy are not tiny, doesn't mean you have to be overweight.

It is NOT better to be "plump," as you say, because that isn't healthy. Neither is weighing nearly nothing. It is better to be a good weight for YOUR age, YOUR gender, and YOUR height.
Your gender? o_O
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2006 at 01:07am
The media are always telling society what beautiful is. But society is responsible for the media existing in the first place, so it can only blame itself for it's young people insulting each other and degrading themselves to 'fit in'. I'm not one to believe all that bullshit they advertise, such as a shampoo is believed to make my hair absolutely gorgeous, or a teethcare that will supposedly make me look years younger. I'm happy with who I am and everyone should be.
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:20am
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:

=/

Your gender? o_O

Uh, yes. You think a 15 year old 5'4" girl should weigh the same as a 15 year old 5'4" boy? 'Cause that isn't healthy, according to every doctor I've spoken to about it.
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:21am
Expressway To Yr Skull:
SodasGirl:
Bolemia and anorexia are diseases.
No, but BULIMIA is a disease, that deserves to be spelled correctly.

Alright, then neither are addictions. Neither is depression.

Girls do NOT wake up in the morning and say "I'm going to starve myself to look better just because I can."

Eating disorders are NOT called disorders because they are personal choices.

I must say, that's very ignorant of you to say. Also very insulting to people who have eating disorders.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 01:32am
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:

=/

Your gender? o_O

Uh, yes. You think a 15 year old 5'4" girl should weigh the same as a 15 year old 5'4" boy? 'Cause that isn't healthy, according to every doctor I've spoken to about it.
oh take your doctor and shove it up your ass it was just a question. o_o I never said "oh a girl who is fifteen should weigh as much as a boy who is fifteen." AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE IM 15 AND I WEIGH 115LBS AND SO DOES THIS OTHER BOY WHO IS 15 ALSO. We dont look sick thank you very much Hand srz. XD
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:33am
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:

=/

Your gender? o_O

oh take your doctor and shove it up your ass it was just a question. o_o I never said "oh a girl who is fifteen should weigh as much as a boy who is fifteen." AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE IM 15 AND I WEIGH 115LBS AND SO DOES THIS OTHER BOY WHO IS 15 ALSO. We dont look sick thank you very much Hand srz. XD

How about you do some research on body image and eating disorders as I have done before you start attacking me and being rude for speaking my mind? Alright, thank you for that.

You don't have to look sick to be unhealthy. I know people that have cancer and look very healthy. What does appearance have to do with being at a weight that is lower or higher than the ideal medical weight?

And also, would you mind not being rude to me? All I am doing is posting the medical information I have obtained through talking to doctors and sharing my opinion. I believe that's what this forum is here for, correct? Alright, thanks again.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 01:38am
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:

=/

Your gender? o_O

How about you do some research on body image and eating disorders as I have done before you start attacking me and being rude for speaking my mind? Alright, thank you for that.

You don't have to look sick to be unhealthy. I know people that have cancer and look very healthy. What does appearance have to do with being at a weight that is lower or higher than the ideal medical weight?

And also, would you mind not being rude to me? All I am doing is posting the medical information I have obtained through talking to doctors and sharing my opinion. I believe that's what this forum is here for, correct? Alright, thanks again.
I can post whatever the fuck I want. Educational or not Hand Doctors can be [very] wrong sometimes And dont tell me how to behave, please. Your so saracastic as I am rude.
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:40am
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:
SodasGirl:
EvilChicken:

=/

Your gender? o_O

I can post whatever the fuck I want. Educational or not Hand Doctors can be [very] wrong sometimes And dont tell me how to behave, please. Your so saracastic as I am rude.

Yes, you can, but I was just asking you not to be rude to me for speaking my mind.

How many doctors are going to say the same exact wrong thing? How about doctors who work with patients who have eating disorders in rehab clinics, etc...,?

I didn't tell you how to behave, I asked you not to be rude for me for no reason. How am I being sarcastic?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 01:47am
I was speaking my aswell. Freedom to say what I want, but oh I get banned wont I Rolling Eyes I musnt hurt people now. But anyway yes they can still be wrong. I know Ive read about it.
Gee, how am I being rude?!?
You know what, fuck that.
Doesnt matter the gender really. Just cause me and some boy weigh the same thing doesnt mean one of us is unhealthy. So doctors need correct their right and wrongs, really o_o Cause I have read a book on weight and which is suppose to be right for each of us but I dont get why women are weighing less than men to be healthy. 0_0
Which I dont think is the point really. but thats how I saw it. You can weigh 300 something pounds but still be in good physical shape/health.
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:52am
Sheepo@_@:
I was speaking my aswell. Freedom to say what I want, but oh I get banned wont I Rolling Eyes I musnt hurt people now. But anyway yes they can still be wrong. I know Ive read about it.
Doesnt matter the gender really. Just cause me and some boy weigh the same thing doesnt mean one of us is unhealthy. So doctors need correct their right and wrongs, really o_o Cause I have read a book on weight and which is suppose to be right for each of us but I dont get why women are weighing less than men to be healthy. 0_0
Which I dont think is the point really. but thats how I saw it. You can weigh 300 something pounds but still be in good physical shape/health.

I never said you weren't or couldn't speak your mind. You also are not hurting me. I just don't understand why you have to insult me and be rude to me to speak your mind.

It doesn't mean your unhealthy, but it is medical fact according to phyciatrists(sp?) and other types of doctors that males and females have different body, have different structures, and should not be the same weight at the same height. I don't care if you believe me or not, because I have talked with at least 5 doctors in eating disorder rehab clinics about this, and I am going to take the word of professionals who have studied this for years over yours every time.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 01:57am
SodasGirl:
Sheepo@_@:

I never said you weren't or couldn't speak your mind. You also are not hurting me. I just don't understand why you have to insult me and be rude to me to speak your mind.

It doesn't mean your unhealthy, but it is medical fact according to phyciatrists(sp?) and other types of doctors that males and females have different body, have different structures, and should not be the same weight at the same height. I don't care if you believe me or not, because I have talked with at least 5 doctors in eating disorder rehab clinics about this, and I am going to take the word of professionals who have studied this for years over yours every time.
But why not be at the same weight at the same height?
o_o
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 01:58am
Because it isn't the ideal weight for a male at a certian height to be at a certian weight. Or a female. It's not like 115lbs means the same thing for all heights and genders and ages. For some ages and genders and heights, that's overweight, for some, it's underweight.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 02:01am
SodasGirl:
Because it isn't the ideal weight for a male at a certian height to be at a certian weight. Or a female. It's not like 115lbs means the same thing for all heights and genders and ages. For some ages and genders and heights, that's overweight, for some, it's underweight.
But like in girls, they have different sized o_o...chests so how would that play out like a ideal 15 year old girl would be 115lb. But her body structure is different, so how would they come to estimate that?
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 10th, 2006 at 02:02am
The same way the estimate ideal weights for height, age, and gender, through research and testing.

Also consider that breasts are mostly body fat, which means that would be part of a persons weight.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 10th, 2006 at 02:04am
welp, do you know the average weight for a 5ft, 15 year old? if thats how it goes. o.ooo
Register