Body image

AuthorMessage
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
August 22nd, 2005 at 03:33pm
People mainly have such low self esteem because the media always focusses on people who are amazingly pretty, or thin, or just generally good looking. I think it makes people feel bad about themselves because no one is really that good looking (airbrushing), but people forget about that and feel down about them.

That's what I think anyway
~whats wrong with you?~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~whats wrong with you?~
August 22nd, 2005 at 05:27pm
im almost overweight
(140 lbs. is overweight for my age average [im also 4 inches taller than my age average though])
im not proud of my weight, but hell, im not dieing. (not dieting, dieing, as in dead)

people are crazy, just maintain, dont let go and just get fat, but jebus thats no reason to suffer, if you are obese.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:27pm
Scene Kid.:
it's trendy to be thin Rolling Eyes

its trendy to kill yourself? slowly and painfully? and if you dont get really sick and die, be psychollogically damaged for life? i dont know when trendy was ever good for anyone. fuck trendy.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2005 at 09:02pm
Fatally Yours:
In our society today, problems are cropping up everywhere due to issues with body image. The number of people diagnosed with eating disorders such as anorexia or bulemia are at an all time high. Children as young as 4 years old have been diagnosed with symptoms of anorexia, and girls as young as 9 are dieting to due to pressure from the media and peer pressure. However these problems do not only affect teenage girls and young women, but men and elderly people can have disorders such as these too. 78% of deaths due to anorexia are accounted for by the elderly.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous how the media can get away with the things they do and pressurise one of the most vulnerable age groups (teens) into thinking they are overweight and ugly. I do, however, understand that many people have such conditions because of other factors - like mental health problems, family problems, psychological problems etc.

On the other hand, there are the people who are obese and are told to lose weight rather than gain it. Strangely, this is also at an all time high. With all the junk food, lack of excersise and effort saving methods of doing things it's no wonder some people, especially children, are becoming increasingly overweight.

So, what are your views on body image? Discuss! Very Happy

yes it is sad and upsetting to see 9 year olds with eating disorders,but I also dont think people should listen to everything the media says. Its one thing to be skinny adn another entirely to have a disorder. And you cant just quit haveing an eating disorder like some people think. Its harder then that. On the oppisite side, stress eating is just as bad, you should find a better way to deal with problems. Being healthy is the main thing, and when you are over weight by 20 or more lbs. it can effect your health by increaseing your blood pressure and its not good either, so im not encourageing any1 to go throw up if you are over weight, but you should do something like exercise to try to make yourself healthy, and if you do exercise and get no results maybe you have a medical condition.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2005 at 09:04pm
paradoxical:
Scene Kid.:
it's trendy to be thin Rolling Eyes

its trendy to kill yourself? slowly and painfully? and if you dont get really sick and die, be psychollogically damaged for life? i dont know when trendy was ever good for anyone. fuck trendy.

people tel me that all the time adn it pisses me off, just because your thin doesnt mean you are dieing or bulimia, i like being healthy adn in shape,it doesnt mean i have an eating disorder, and it doesnt mean im doing it for trends, im doing it for me,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2005 at 09:05pm
rehab~reject:
People mainly have such low self esteem because the media always focusses on people who are amazingly pretty, or thin, or just generally good looking. I think it makes people feel bad about themselves because no one is really that good looking (airbrushing), but people forget about that and feel down about them.

That's what I think anyway

what about Kirstie Alley, she fat(sorry, really the only word there) and pretty and the media focus's on her, she isnt a twig and she is still sucsessful.

that is pretty sad, shes like the only ne i could think of, media is degradeing.
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 23rd, 2005 at 03:53am
i read in this magazie called teen now, that skinny is soo out and that now evry1 luvs their curves! i mean come on cant we just "luv" (here we go the luv word again lol) ourselves for wot we r
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 23rd, 2005 at 04:00am
ForgottenShadow:
i read in this magazie called teen now, that skinny is soo out and that now evry1 luvs their curves! i mean come on cant we just "luv" (here we go the luv word again lol) ourselves for wot we r
You're allolwed to be curvy but only like beonce heaven forbid if you were to be chubbier than her! Shocked
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 23rd, 2005 at 04:13am
i no its like they frown upon u if ur a little chubbier than the "o so wonderful" stars
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 23rd, 2005 at 04:20am
I really admire women like Missy Elliot, Dawn French and Jo Brand, they're big and they don't care.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:11am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
I really admire women like Missy Elliot, Dawn French and Jo Brand, they're big and they don't care.
Me too, I think the media should focus on women like them a lot more than stick thin models.
snowcherry
snowcherry
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:19am
ForgottenShadow:

I agree.
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:19am
its not normal to b stick insects
cafe
Geek
cafe
September 5th, 2005 at 04:39pm
fuck the models, there just going anorexic just to be famous and if they want to starve themselves then thats fine with me.....
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 5th, 2005 at 10:28pm
lol everyone should be fat muhahaha more to love hehe
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
September 6th, 2005 at 07:18pm
there are so many views on what "the perfect body " is. none of them are fucking realistic, so its a goddamn shame that girls as young as nine have to take diets or puke their guts out just so they think theyll look good.

but on the other hand, obese people are at an all time high, and its like, things are being adjusted just so they are convient for the overweight.not to seem harsh, but are americans just going to accept things this way?
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
September 7th, 2005 at 04:21am
Fatally Yours:
People deal with things differently. If I got upset, I might lock myself in my room for a few hours with a tub of ice cream and cry my eyes out for a while, whereas someone else might find relief in not eating.
Exactly.
Stuck With You:
I know but..it just pisses me off though

Why?
You don't know what is going on in their head, Now do you?
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
September 7th, 2005 at 06:05am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

i agree with you. i love Dawn French and Jo Brand. i think its great that hey can laugh at themselves. and i think people like them coz they are who they are and dont give a fuck. and that is why i want to do what the do. it seems to me that the "comedy industry" are more accepting of different people than say the music industry.
and i think thats a problem. ok we all know image and sex sell. but what good is looking good if your music has no substance.
Natalie.
Idiot
Natalie.
September 9th, 2005 at 12:50pm
suzie_k:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:

i agree with you. i love Dawn French and Jo Brand. i think its great that hey can laugh at themselves. and i think people like them coz they are who they are and dont give a fuck. and that is why i want to do what the do. it seems to me that the "comedy industry" are more accepting of different people than say the music industry.
and i think thats a problem. ok we all know image and sex sell. but what good is looking good if your music has no substance.

i agree 2.
Angelstars
Geek
Angelstars
September 9th, 2005 at 05:38pm
I agree too, and I hate it when you get those front pages on magazines that show some pic of an extra stick insect type celeb on the beach, in the sea in a bikini and it says 'have a body like this in ten days'

As if they expect everyone to want to look the same.
However I did notice on a mag the other day they are starting to do articles on celebs that are too thin, I think it was Kate Moss.
Register