Body image

AuthorMessage
<3
Idiot
<3
August 13th, 2005 at 02:23pm
Queen_for_a_day:
Why do people do that stuff anyways??? I really don't get it. If you are going to loose weight then do it a way that's less dramatic . Jog arund the block... eat healthier... don't go to that extreme! And also when you loose weight that way you gain it back just as fast as you lost it and sometimes gain more... it's not a good thing

I know what your saying, but people who do this dont often think of the long term problems and thing of the short term, they do it so they can get skinny quick. It was my auntys wedding and i decided to loose weight and the only way i thought i could do it was not to eat and i did loose quiet alot of weight, then my friend noticed how skinny i had became and she helped me and now i'm a ok-ish weight. i still personally think i'm fat but i've satarted eating healthy and i do alot more walking. i wouldn't mind doing it again to get skinnier but it drained me and i have no energy what so ever and my grades started to slip at school.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
August 13th, 2005 at 07:43pm
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
I don't like this issue but I can't ignore it.. so here I go...

When people look at themselves in like a mirror or in a picture they pick out things they don't like.. everyone always says how no one is perfect.. i think that's wrong, perfection is defined by YOU and only you. I don't like how people can sit/stand there and insult themselves. I'm not one of the prettiest people in the world but I like my personality, im a fuckin retard when i wanna be, and im smart when im bored I like that, and im perfect they way I am. No matter what, people are gonna critisize and judge you, they're gonna do it even more if you are a good person... My friend Rocio is beautiful and although she's not all that much of a genious, she gets straight A's in all her classes 'cause she fuckin works her ass off everyday. She deserves what she has but people always insult her, they say she's a kiss up and that it's the only reason she gets those grades, but she stands up for what she feels strongly about and everything. People always try to make her feel bad and stuff but she doesn't care, I love that about her, we're really close friends. --Okay Back To My Point-- Even if you're nothing like that, you're still perfect so long as you see yourself as that. You can't can up perfection, it's such a diffrent concept to everyone... the media has something to do with this anorexia shit.. but it's also the people who do it.. you can't just point fingers at the magazines and everything and say it's their fault.. and it kinda is in a way.. but it's also perverted guys who want skinny waists and huge boobs.... then again if girls weren't so damn shallow then they wouldn't want to impress those jerks... I think it's all about the kind of person you are.. if you don't like your body for other reasons than that's diffrent.. but yeah i hope my extremly long paragraph helped some of you or made any sense to a few of you...

Go you i totally agree.
But i voiced my opinion on this topic a few pages back. And my stance on body image is simple, No one, not tv, not magazines, not music, nothing is going to dictate to me how i should look.
Plus these britney spears, and christina aguleras(sp?) dont really look like the do in magazines. its all make up and air brushing. And i can guarntee you that they pick flaws in their image too.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 10:06am
I don't know for sure if they are air brushed and stuff.. but I don't want to look like them, my main concern is my health not my appearance. When people are eating all that crap they don't really think ahead and if they do they just put themselves down. I think it's much better to eat what you feel is HEALTHY, that way you don't think about how much fatter you're gonna get or how to get rid of it later. A little thinking goes a long way... seriously...
Coco
Geek
Coco
August 14th, 2005 at 08:41pm
anorexia is an outward sign of an inward problem, like depression etc etc.
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
August 14th, 2005 at 09:52pm
I've spent a week on an island where you became an outsider if you were one of those who just thought about body and looks, so.... w00t!

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=27429&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 16th, 2005 at 07:05am
Stop being so.............. yourselves. I know way too many really beautiful girls who think they don't look good... It hurts... because it's our fault, guys I mean. We make girls feel like they have to be perfect. You know what I mean, flat stomach, huge boobs, round ass, long legs, big lips, and on top of all that, they have to dress like a .........., and be one as well... nobody can measure up to that... and its not fair... because nobody should have to. The little imperfections are what make people special. If everyone was perfect the world would be so boring, variety is what makes life interesting. So guys, stop making girls have to live up to your, I'm sorry, our... deluded fantasy visions of perfection. Stop acting like boys and start being men... realize that women don't exist to fufill our sexual desires. Stop talking to them solely to get with them, be nice to them because you want to be their friend, not because you want to hook up with them. Say nice things about them not to flatter them in hopes that you'll get some, but because you know they like to hear them. In short... we need to grow up and stop being dicks... just because we have them doesn't mean we need to think with them.

Some guy on myspace wrote that... I got it as a bulletin.. I think this dude is great and he is right. No offense to any guys or anything
HappilySuicidal
Geek
HappilySuicidal
August 16th, 2005 at 09:38am
I think it has alot to do with confidence if you are confident with yourself then you dont think about how you look. i was bullied and told i was ugly in school but i know for a fact im not. im not in love with myself but i dont hate a part of me and would never chainge anything. my sister on the otherhand is not stick skinny and has a spine defect that foces her to stick her bum out. she is constantly woried about it and what she wears to cover it all up. lastime i was down i was consantly telling her how pritty she is and not to worrie about it. looking like the modles and ppl on tv has got in her head and its gona take alot to get it out. i dont want her to become anerexic or bolimic (sp?) i hate that the only thing we see are ppl who would blow away in the wind. it affects ppl more than they know.
->Insert Name Here<
Idiot
->Insert Name Here<
August 18th, 2005 at 09:54am
I'm doing some research about pro ana for my essay and found these intersting commandments

1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive.

2. Being thin is more important than being healthy.

3. You must buy small clothes, cut your hair, take diet pills, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look thinner.

4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty.

5. Thou shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterwards.

6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.

7. What the scale says is the most important thing.

8. Losing weight is good / gaining weight is bad.

9. You can never be too thin.

10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.
Kitti
Kitti
August 18th, 2005 at 01:55pm
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
Stop being so.............. yourselves. I know way too many really beautiful girls who think they don't look good... It hurts... because it's our fault, guys I mean. We make girls feel like they have to be perfect. You know what I mean, flat stomach, huge boobs, round ass, long legs, big lips, and on top of all that, they have to dress like a .........., and be one as well... nobody can measure up to that... and its not fair... because nobody should have to. The little imperfections are what make people special. If everyone was perfect the world would be so boring, variety is what makes life interesting. So guys, stop making girls have to live up to your, I'm sorry, our... deluded fantasy visions of perfection. Stop acting like boys and start being men... realize that women don't exist to fufill our sexual desires. Stop talking to them solely to get with them, be nice to them because you want to be their friend, not because you want to hook up with them. Say nice things about them not to flatter them in hopes that you'll get some, but because you know they like to hear them. In short... we need to grow up and stop being dicks... just because we have them doesn't mean we need to think with them.

Some guy on myspace wrote that... I got it as a bulletin.. I think this dude is great and he is right. No offense to any guys or anything

what he wrote is easily the most beautiful thing ive ever heard. i applaud him.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 18th, 2005 at 08:30pm
I hate the media's way of looking at things and the way teen magazines really encourage it...to quote this month's bliss "Gwen Stefani- How I struggle with my weight", "The life workout- Be prettier", "The sexiest stars are puckering in pink gloss", "Shop like J Lo" ect ect...and they're always bitching about a teeny weeny bit of cellulite any star might be caught with while they're on a chilled out family holiday when it really shouldn't matter and how so and so has got the latest look all wrong....Who cares??? I think I'm really lucky that I can look in the mirror and say no I'm not stick thin but I'm not obease and yes I have spots but they'll go in a couple of years and yes I have a massive arse but it doesn't bother me. I'd hate to be one of those wafer thin "perfect" bimbos that are apparently "in"
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 19th, 2005 at 04:44pm
i most of the anorexic or bullemic girls of today are under a lot of peer pressure, thats coz the dont hav any will power, u may think making yourself through up takes will power but its actually one of the weakest things u can do, they ned to learn to stand up to society and not follow theyre peers, and hopefully they will eventually. i mean sure im always trying to lose weight but id never go that far, like rotting my teeth by making myself throw up all the time, i mean , its disgusting
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 19th, 2005 at 06:45pm
smooth dude39:
i most of the anorexic or bullemic girls of today are under a lot of peer pressure, thats coz the dont hav any will power, u may think making yourself through up takes will power but its actually one of the weakest things u can do, they ned to learn to stand up to society and not follow theyre peers, and hopefully they will eventually. i mean sure im always trying to lose weight but id never go that far, like rotting my teeth by making myself throw up all the time, i mean , its disgusting
calling them weak, you've got a handle on how to talk to people with no self esteem

men need to quit being pricks, women should know that because men like perverse things and have unrealistic expectations, doesn't mean the women have to go changing themselves for men
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
August 19th, 2005 at 06:55pm
i say just be happy with yourself. i don't understand how people can hate their bodies....it's just pointless. it's how you were made (i'm not saying by God) to be.
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 19th, 2005 at 07:15pm
spill_no_sick:
smooth dude39:
calling them weak, you've got a handle on how to talk to people with no self esteem

men need to quit being pricks, women should know that because men like perverse things and have unrealistic expectations, doesn't mean the women have to go changing themselves for men
i wouldnt call them weak, im just saying making yourself throw up is a weak thing to do
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 19th, 2005 at 10:36pm
smooth dude39:
spill_no_sick:
smooth dude39:

i wouldnt call them weak, im just saying making yourself throw up is a weak thing to do
Rolling Eyes
they won't distinguish the difference
and that's only an opinion, I think it takes very strong will power to do that, it just takes a horribly fragile ego where you want to be perfect for someone who isn't worth it
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 20th, 2005 at 06:59am
spill_no_sick:
smooth dude39:
spill_no_sick:
smooth dude39:

Rolling Eyes
they won't distinguish the difference
and that's only an opinion, I think it takes very strong will power to do that, it just takes a horribly fragile ego where you want to be perfect for someone who isn't worth it
well i disagree Rolling Eyes theyre not retarded, of course they can distinguish the difference, they just dont have the will power to stop
JTHM13
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
JTHM13
August 21st, 2005 at 04:41pm
If someone said this already on this thread I am sorry...We were meant not to be perfect...I mean if some one was perfect it would be great for a while but then I would say there is nothing else to try too build up to...(Sorry if that sounded stupid or anything or if it is off topic.)
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
August 21st, 2005 at 08:27pm
JTHM13:
If someone said this already on this thread I am sorry...We were meant not to be perfect...I mean if some one was perfect it would be great for a while but then I would say there is nothing else to try too build up to...(Sorry if that sounded stupid or anything or if it is off topic.)
in a wierd kinda way i agree with you, i almost like the idea of criticizing (sp?) myself cause it means i have something to strive for. how boring perfection must be...
i.am.hawt.
Geek
i.am.hawt.
August 21st, 2005 at 11:52pm
i usually feel bad about how i look and i might have been anorexic last summer. its hard to get out of it. how i looked at it was that all my friends were getting boys' attention and i didn't remember any boy liking me. it rerally made me feel bad so i stopped eating cuz i couldn't make myself throw up. i hardly ate anything. when i was doing that, it made me feel better, like i was doing something to change how i looked but then i started getting sick. my mom noticed, but if she hadn't i would probably be really thin right now. its just hard to get out of something like that. i think its terrible but i still think about it. telling someone bulimic that its dumb or something won't help. i know that from experience. they have to know that they are important or cared for by who they are. and that takes alot to make them feel that way.
I R Teh Pwn
Basket Case
I R Teh Pwn
August 22nd, 2005 at 04:23am
it's trendy to be thin Rolling Eyes
Register