Prostitution

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:07pm
Ok, the first paragraph I have no idea what on earth you're talking about, so i'll just say. You do know, For any job, you get your age checked, right?. If you're under 18 and you want to do bar work, you can't, because your age is checked. Likewise, you would need proof of age to be a legal prostitute, so you couldn't do it if you wern't of age.

STD wise, if you're making it legal, you're placing an element of control into the mix. I'm not going to bother even going through all that, you know what i'm talking about. Monitoring the prostitutes will be easier with STD's if it is legalized. If the prostitute has AIDS she could be banned from working, or imprisoned for passing it on purposefully.

Thats more concerned with protecting the clients than the prostitute, but whatever.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:26pm
Bloodraine:
Ok, the first paragraph I have no idea what on earth you're talking about, so i'll just say. You do know, For any job, you get your age checked, right?. If you're under 18 and you want to do bar work, you can't, because your age is checked. Likewise, you would need proof of age to be a legal prostitute, so you couldn't do it if you wern't of age.

STD wise, if you're making it legal, you're placing an element of control into the mix. I'm not going to bother even going through all that, you know what i'm talking about. Monitoring the prostitutes will be easier with STD's if it is legalized. If the prostitute has AIDS she could be banned from working, or imprisoned for passing it on purposefully.

Thats more concerned with protecting the clients than the prostitute, but whatever.

The first paragraph wasn't hard to understand..... Women are forced into prostitution by other people illegally. You don't think their liscenes could be forged and their age lied about? Making prostitution legal isn't going to help the girls forced into it like slaves.

Making it legal isn't going to do anything for STD's. They won't be checked everyday, think of all the people that could be infected with HIV before anyone found out. Then if those men slept with other people, they could infect them to. By making it legal more people would be open to the industry and if anything, STD's would increasingly spread.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:35pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The first paragraph wasn't hard to understand..... Women are forced into prostitution by other people illegally. You don't think their liscenes could be forged and their age lied about? Making prostitution legal isn't going to help the girls forced into it like slaves.

Illegally, right?
Well, what happens when we make it legal?

Thats right, you need proof of age then. Chances are, if prostitution is legal it will be 100x harder to force people into it anyway, let along they can't make little girls do it anymore.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Illegally, right?
Well, what happens when we make it legal?

Thats right, you need proof of age then. Chances are, if prostitution is legal it will be 100x harder to force people into it anyway, let along they can't make little girls do it anymore.

it's illegal to enslave people now and force them to do things they don't want, how will making prostituion legal effect that at all? It will only increase the problem because now people can forge liscenses and thats their proof that someone is doing this legally. Then no one would suspect anything, she is liscensed, over age, why would anything wrong? They wouldnt know and this girl could be forced into doing all kinds of things against her will.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
it's illegal to enslave people now and force them to do things they don't want, how will making prostituion legal effect that at all? It will only increase the problem because now people can forge liscenses and thats their proof that someone is doing this legally. Then no one would suspect anything, she is liscensed, over age, why would anything wrong? They wouldnt know and this girl could be forced into doing all kinds of things against her will.

You know you do need a birth certificate to prove your age.
I don't know how it works overseas but you need it here.

Plus, who can force you to do something when it is legal?.

Nobody can force me to work in a cafe. I really don't get why you think the situation woul be any different. Nobody can force you once it is legal.
brownie
King For A Couple Of Days
brownie
June 16th, 2006 at 12:58pm
i think it should be allowed but you have to be a certain age
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 16th, 2006 at 01:06pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:

Making it legal isn't going to do anything for STD's. They won't be checked everyday, think of all the people that could be infected with HIV before anyone found out. Then if those men slept with other people, they could infect them to. By making it legal more people would be open to the industry and if anything, STD's would increasingly spread.

of course there will be underage prostitues working, just like there are prostitutes right now
but it would be easier to monitor their age
and STDs will be easier to control
now, if the prostitute is found to have STDs then it should just be information the prostitute has to tell their client
like a Surgeon General Warning: This prostitute has AIDS and herpes
in which case now he knows to wear a condom
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 16th, 2006 at 10:48pm
I'm sorry. All I get out of this is everyone is worried about STD's being passed on by prostitutes.
Doesn't anyone care about the prostitute at all? I don't think many people want to be prostituting. Sure, when the STD's are checked, the clients are safe, but are the clients being checked for the safety of the prostitute? I don't think so.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 10:50pm
r o c k s t a r:
I'm sorry. All I get out of this is everyone is worried about STD's being passed on by prostitutes.
Doesn't anyone care about the prostitute at all? I don't think many people want to be prostituting. Sure, when the STD's are checked, the clients are safe, but are the clients being checked for the safety of the prostitute? I don't think so.

According to this thread, they do want to be prostitutes Dno

and the people who are forced into it by human trafficking don't matter.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 04:25am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
r o c k s t a r:

According to this thread, they do want to be prostitutes Dno

and the people who are forced into it by human trafficking don't matter.

i never said they didnt matter, and i resent that, you dont know me and you cant say what i think is wrong or not, i think that people who are forced into it should be helped out of it, but i was talking about the girls and men who WANT to do it.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 11:21am
Magne:

i never said they didnt matter, and i resent that, you dont know me and you cant say what i think is wrong or not, i think that people who are forced into it should be helped out of it, but i was talking about the girls and men who WANT to do it.

So you think just the ones who are foced into it are the only ones who need help to get out of it?
What if they start because they felt it was the only other option, but are now caught up in it, and are having troubles with their pimp? What if they can't pay their "leaving fee", and their pimp beats them to death? Do you think they'll deserve it, because they made the choice to be a prostitute?

I don't believe they really want to be prostitutes. I don't care what they say.
Even without a pimp, their life would suck. It's dangerous to be out there on the streets like that. They don't know every single client of thiers. They don't know which one will try to kill them.

Who's going to be doing the checking? The Government? They should know something like that takes time. Are they going to have a list with everyones name on it who wants to ever hire a prostitute, check them regularily, give them a card that says "Hey! I'm STI free!", and have them show it to the prostitute? I'm sorry, I just think legallizing it is a stupid idea.
They're encouraging young girls to do it. They're saing it's okay to abuse yourself like that. They're saying they're nothing, their body means nothing.

Theres a book called Somebody's Daughter, by Phonse Jessome, and it's just about the young girls in prostitution and how alot of them were being treated by their pimps. And how the girls were being traded between Halifax and Toronto.

I don't think I could ever, ever, ever agree with it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 11:27am
r o c k s t a r:
Magne:

So you think just the ones who are foced into it are the only ones who need help to get out of it?
What if they start because they felt it was the only other option, but are now caught up in it, and are having troubles with their pimp? What if they can't pay their "leaving fee", and their pimp beats them to death? Do you think they'll deserve it, because they made the choice to be a prostitute?

I don't believe they really want to be prostitutes. I don't care what they say.
Even without a pimp, their life would suck. It's dangerous to be out there on the streets like that. They don't know every single client of thiers. They don't know which one will try to kill them.

Who's going to be doing the checking? The Government? They should know something like that takes time. Are they going to have a list with everyones name on it who wants to ever hire a prostitute, check them regularily, give them a card that says "Hey! I'm STI free!", and have them show it to the prostitute? I'm sorry, I just think legallizing it is a stupid idea.
They're encouraging young girls to do it. They're saing it's okay to abuse yourself like that. They're saying they're nothing, their body means nothing.

Theres a book called Somebody's Daughter, by Phonse Jessome, and it's just about the young girls in prostitution and how alot of them were being treated by their pimps. And how the girls were being traded between Halifax and Toronto.

I don't think I could ever, ever, ever agree with it.

right lets start by saying this i am talking about Massage Parlours where the girls are free to walk in and out has they wish, and apart from the customers (who are men adn women by the way) men are not allowed on the premises, perhaps these women and men enjoy the hold they have over people, making it legal will make it safer for the girls and men who work in those places, and anyway there are more than prosititutes that work in those places, so shut them all dwn and make them all loose they're jobs, if they are legal they will have to be checked and watched over by the goverment, it works in Germany and it works well and in fact there are not so many cases of STD'S in germany.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 11:33am
Okay, but what about their bodies? Not just in the sense of STI's, but how they would actually feel later on? Wouldn't you begin to fell violated?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 11:36am
r o c k s t a r:
Okay, but what about their bodies? Not just in the sense of STI's, but how they would actually feel later on? Wouldn't you begin to fell violated?

nope not if it was a CHOICE that I made, i would have to live with it, many of the girls i know hold down marrages and they're boyfriedns and husbands know what they do and they are ok with it, and why not, we are allways saying that we should allow people to think how they want to, i worked with prostitutes getting cliants for them and i enjoyed the job does that make me a bad person, because i dont think i am, i think i am just feeding my kids and getting on with life the way that i want to.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 11:46am
I don't see how selling yourself like that could make anyone happy. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 11:49am
r o c k s t a r:
I don't see how selling yourself like that could make anyone happy. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

perhaps they enjoy it and who should tell people what and what not to do? i know one girl she's qualified and she chooses to be a prostitute and it was her choice.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 11:53am
Okay here in Canada it's illegal, so maybe it's just the way it's looked at around here that I makes me think this way.
I know woman who has lost her kids, her friends, and is living in a shitty apartment with nothing, because she chose to become a prostitue.She feels and looks like shit everyday. And she wasn't forced into it at all. She chose it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 11:54am
r o c k s t a r:
Okay here in Canada it's illegal, so maybe it's just the way it's looked at around here that I makes me think this way.
I know woman who has lost her kids, her friends, and is living in a shitty apartment with nothing, because she chose to become a prostitue.She feels and looks like shit everyday. And she wasn't forced into it at all. She chose it.

becasue she did it illeagaly, i am talking about massage parlours where its ok.
Jessica The Beat.
Geek
Jessica The Beat.
June 19th, 2006 at 11:56am
Yes, I know that. But I don't see how people can be okay with it.
I couldn't live with myself if I were doing it legally or not.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 11:57am
r o c k s t a r:
Yes, I know that. But I don't see how people can be okay with it.
I couldn't live with myself if I were doing it legally or not.

i will admit i would never do it,
Register